One killed and 20 injured in two bomb blasts in Hua Hin

webfact

22 minutes ago, Franky Bear said:

No. It is NOT a false flag in any way or means.

I take it you're a Trump supporter?

No, he's likely someone who recently heard the term "false flag" and now tries to work it into conversations hoping people think he's a deep thinker.  

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Franky Bear said:

You are trying to place yourself as some sort of "expert" And you did it AGAIN in the highlighted area. Do you really think that people need to read your posts to keep their wits about the?

It's a sick way to try gain popularity.

Go away

and yet you are lambasting those who do? Enjoying your cup of hypocrisy this morning?

30 minutes ago, digibum said:

No need to troll you, dude.  This is your original post within minutes of the story going live.  

Right off the bat you went to cynicism rather than displaying any sort of empathy.  

And then when I pointed out the knee-jerk Thai bashing and lack of empathy that was already starting you said

At that point they were still dealing with the aftermath but you jumped right to pre-accusing the cops of a cover up.  

Listen, we all know how things work in Thailand.  Corruption and ineptitude are seemingly everywhere.  But is it asking too much to hope that people's first reaction is, "That's horrible, my thoughts go out to the victims" rather than, "Cops will probably try to cover things up to protect the tourism industry"?  

He's right, the spin has already started or are you unable to read what's being said?

Not terrorism? umm okay.

It's people like you who can't seem to figure out what's really going on.

4 minutes ago, Holy Cinema said:

He's right, the spin has already started or are you unable to read what's being said?

Not terrorism? umm okay.

It's people like you who can't seem to figure out what's really going on.

It never ceases to amaze me how easily distracted some people are.  

I didn't say he was right or wrong.  If you go back to what i originally said on page 1, I said that it was discouraging that for some people, their first thought was to make cynical comments rather than display even a modicum of empathy for the victims.  

Even if more bombs had not gone off since then, there would be plenty of other threads to express theories, opinions, etc on how the Thai police and government are handling this.  But since at the time, the police were still mopping up the original scene, there was no substantive information put out by the police to even be skeptical of.  

And yet the police have already decided who done this and why, all within 12 hours, a new record indeed, all totally believable of course right?

Terrorism or not?

Doesn't matter who planted the devices it's an act of terror, when they went off it was an act of terrorism.

Just now, Holy Cinema said:

And yet the police have already decided who done this and why, all within 12 hours, a new record indeed, all totally believable of course right?

Terrorism or not?

Doesn't matter who planted the devices it's an act of terror, when they went off it was an act of terrorism.

If they caught him this quick they must have had a red flag about him. 

Updated map of bombings around Thailand in past 24 hours...Muslim extremist outfit Pattani Islamic Mujahideen Movement, is suspected behind the attacks but not confirmed.

3.20 pm: Bomb blast at Centre Point in Trang killed 1 injured 7.

August 11:

10.15 pm: Bomb blast at Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan in front of Johnny Bar and Rain Tree Bar killed 1 injured 20, ten of which were foreigners.

August 12:

2.30 am: Fire at Lee Mart Department Store in Trang, around Bt100 million in damage.

8.02 am: Two bomb blasts in front of Surat Thani Police Station killed 1 injured many.

8.05 am: Two bomb blasts in Phuket's Patong Beach many people injured.

8.50 am: Fire at Lotus Department Store in Nakorn Si Thammarat.

9.02 am: The other two bomb blasts at Hua Hin Clock Tower in Prachuap Khiri Khan.

10.00am: Hua Hin Market Village evacuated.

10:05am: Suspicious device found at 19 Rai, close to Hua Hin Immigration office

10.30am: Explosion in Phang Nga, no reports of casualties.

11:10am: Suspicious device found at Hua Hin train station

13895502_730045890466500_6700063441439213049_n.jpg

8 hours ago, digibum said:

Truly sad.  Let's hope some folks can take a step back and forget bashing Thais or being overly cynical and simply show a bit of compassion.  A tragic event for Thais, foreigners, and Thailand in general.  Definitely not a good trend considering the bombs in Trang and duds in Patong.  

What a disgusting avatar, is it allowed? Can any mod remove it?

8 hours ago, digibum said:

You base that one what?  

ISIS isn't like the US military where if they have access to the full resources of the government to execute an attack.  Many "ISIS" attacks are simply people who have been radicalized and decide to take things into their own hands.  

8/2016 - Machete attack:  Belgium - 2 injured

7/2016 - Church Attack:  France - 1 killed, 3 injured

7/2016 - Suicide bomber: Germany - 15 injured

7/2016 - Suicide bomber:  Saudi Arabia - 7 dead, 7 injured

These guys use what they have available.  In France and Belgium, apparently they couldn't even get ahold of guns.  In Germany and Saudi Arabia they had low kill ratios even when they had the advantage of a suicide bomber to pinpoint the attack.  

I'm not celebrating any of this.  Just pointing out that your logic that an attack has to produce 50 or 100 injuries/deaths to have been perpetrated by ISIS is patently wrong.  

And I don't have any reason to believe or disbelieve it was ISIS either.  But taking one datapoint, the number of injuries and deaths, and assigning responsibility is not a very good way of finding out who did it.  

Well , look at it this way...if the perpetrator had the ability to make a bomb and detonate it remotely ???  if he wanted to make a lot of casualty's he could have made a bigger or stronger bomb !!!! (and another location, I'm not going to give any hints but****) ...But if he just wanted to make a point !!!  to-worth the military regime by scaring the tourist industry ???   he did it !

I agree with a lot of what you said, but you forget the Brussels bombing of 22 March: 32 dead, More than 250 people were wounded / The Nice Attack by truck: 85 people were killed and 307 injured...

Edited by off road pat

Just now, off road pat said:

Well , look at it this way...if the perpetrator had the ability to make a bomb and detonate it remotely ???  if he wanted to make a lot of casualty's he could have made a bigger or stronger bomb !!!! (and another location, I'm not going to give any hints but****) ...But if he just wanted to make a point !!!  to-worth the military regime by scaring the tourist industry ???   he did it !

Maybe, just maybe he thought by planting the bomb in a flower pot would make it grow bigger?

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Maybe, just maybe he thought by planting the bomb in a flower pot would make it grow bigger?

I don't think it is funny,...somebody died and lots are wounded and might be traumatized for long time  !!! I can not understand people making jokes about this !!!!

10 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Just like they could have done with the Erwan Shrine bombing?

Bombs are common place in the south and have been for years due to the ongoing problems.  This could be an escalation of that to attract international coverage although like everyone else I am just guessing.  The MO is very similar to the southern  bombings which is fairly hit and miss.  RIP the dead and speedy recovery to those injured.

Just now, dunroaming said:

Bombs are common place in the south and have been for years due to the ongoing problems.  This could be an escalation of that to attract international coverage although like everyone else I am just guessing.  The MO is very similar to the southern  bombings which is fairly hit and miss.  RIP the dead and speedy recovery to those injured.

Occams Razor !

4 hours ago, smedly said:

well thanks for letting us all know what is going on, everything is much clearer now, we have all been enlightened

.......not

Your choice whether to take notice or not, I'm secure so I don't really care.

As for letting people know, I have a view and am entitled to express it subject to the rules of the forum (some of which are liberally interpreted as suits the day's agenda).

Accept what I suggest, or reject it; you pays yer money and you takes yer choice. I take no responsibility for what grown men decide, and I really don't care very much, if at all. You and some others are not famed for the quality of your support decisions but I don't have to live with them, you do. You should however bear in mind that I know what I'm talking about even though I am not involved, but you don't. Good advice from on high: talk about what you know about.

If you don't like my posts I suggest you don't read them, same as I generally don't bother to read yours.

All clear now?

Winnie

5 hours ago, smedly said:

whoever is responsible it would appear that the gloves are now well and truly off

be careful out there

The first 35 years of my life were very familiar with bombs going off, I hope this is not the start of something here

The authorities need to get a handle on this very quickly

would that be a broom handle, and involve a large rug?

Something to bear in mind: what passes for a bomb in Thailand is the equivalend of a cherry bomb. Thais do like to dramatise when they can. I'd be interested in how many were cherry-bomb-bangers-which-leave-a-scorch-mark-on-the road-but-sod-all-else.

Can you imagine what would happen if something like the canary wharf bomb went off in Thailand? That was a real bomb. Google is your friend.

Winnie