Trump on Obama and ISIL: "I was being sarcastic but..."

rooster59

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

To create an Islamic Caliphate and kill infidels.

Now the truth emerges: how the US fuelled the rise of Isis in Syria and Iraq.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/03/us-isis-syria-iraq

America Created Al-Qaeda and the ISIS Terror Group.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/america-created-al-qaeda-and-the-isis-terror-group/5402881

23 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:
24 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

ISIS is Just Another Problem Caused by Bush that Republicans are Blaming on Obama.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/isis-just-another-problem-caused-bush-republicans-blaming-obama/

ISIS is Just Another Problem Caused by Bush that Republicans are Blaming on Obama.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/isis-just-another-problem-caused-bush-republicans-blaming-obama/

It's just that author's opinion, and it is wrong.

I was in the Persian Gulf 1998-2008, and started doing ISR deployments to Iraq, Anbar Province and Tikrit 2008-2010. The author conveniently ignores the fact, that there was already increasing violence in the Middle East and Africa while Bill Clinton was office. Khobar Towers 1996, Two Embassies 1998, U.S.S. Cole 2000, not to mention numerous smaller attacks.

I would describe the Tikrit region as relatively quiet in 2010, and for those that can bother to read, casualties were much lighter. Would a U.S. presence have made difference? Absolutely. Obama tried to avoid making any changes, the results, Arab Spring, Libya, Syria speak for themselves. The guy is incompetent.

Now, how about some of your personal experiences?

6 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

Maybe you pressed the "like button" twice, it has happen to me.

Regards not allowing to give "reputation".... Mods have indicated that there are still software cliches that will hopefully soon be resolved.... And apologized for the inconvenience.?

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

It says that Trump was serious about Obama's policies creating a vacuum within Iraq that allowed ISIS to arise. He is absolutely right.

Radio host Hugh Hewitt and Donald Trump:

Hewitt: "I know what you meant - you meant that he created the the vacuum, he lost the peace."

Trump: "No, I meant that he's the founder of ISIS, I do....if he would have done things properly, you wouldn't have had ISIS. Therefore, he was the founder of ISIS,"

Can it be any clearer?

"but the evil, left wing media IS to blame for obsessively twisting his words on a regular basis"

For the most part they simply replay video of Senor Donald 'bloviating', or they print the words he spoke. How is that "twisting"?

I mean it's not like there's super Roger Alies-like overlord directing the MSM/LW media from his blackroom, while sexually assaulting his employees, firing them if they don't put out, or using corporate funds to spy on and rat-<deleted> enemies. Or is that what you think is going on?

Look I do feel sorry for the Trump supporters, losers that they are, but the longer they cling to this idiot the worse they look. Mmm, you look wonderful in that white robe/hood carrying your Confederate flag. Just go back to being a closet racist/misogynist, they'll be much happier.

Edited by mtls2005

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

It says that Trump was serious about Obama's policies creating a vacuum within Iraq that allowed ISIS to arise. He is absolutely right.

6 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

To create an Islamic Caliphate and kill infidels.

Ulysses.  You seem to know quite a bit about the Middle East.  As such, you should know that there will be grave problems there regardless of who is involved.  Muslim extremists are going to be making troubles no matter what.  Extremist groups pop up like pimples on a twinkies-eating 13 yr old. To blame it on Obama or HRC is ridiculous.  Obama is responsible for killing more ISIS members than anyone else.  Would you rather Obama call off all aggressions against ISIS?

17 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

We mostly agree on this, but IMO, Obama's policies have made everything even worse. He is too quick to announce everything he is going to do. Why tell the enemy that you will never put boots on the ground?

Obfusgation? ( is that a real word?)

18 hours ago, HooHaa said:

The only irony in your post is that you have quoted 2 examples of sarcasm.

18 hours ago, HooHaa said:

The only irony in your post is that you have quoted 2 examples of sarcasm.

Actually, that's a bright comment!

Jolly good! ?

Wait, maybe Trump has some overlooked footage of Obama and HRC arriving in Syria on Air Force One.   I can vaguely recall hearing how the US prez then set up a large tent and invited all the most vicious young religious men to a meeting.   Obama and HRC then gave speeches to them - how they should arm themselves and kill as many Americans and other infidels as possible.  I think Obama secretly agreed to supply them with as much equipment and guns as he could, calling it 'Operation Ronald Reagan' in honor of the Iran-Contra mess created clandestinely by Reagan and other Republicans - while they circumvented Congress and the law.    HRC also advised the militants to torture & rape women and behead any white people they captured, while filming it for release.

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

How Donald Trump answers a question...

Thanks for posting that video. I've actually seen it before, but it's worth seeing again.  Interesting that, compared to all the prez candidates from both major parties, Trump scores lowest in terms of what grade level he speaks.  For Trump it's 4th grade.   For Sanders it's college.  

I think Trump himself would agree that he's a master of dumbing things down.  It's like he's talking to a group of dogs.   Lots of one syllable words in a stacatto shout, usually ending on a one syllable "punch word".  That's also the language of bullies, rather like; "I'm gonna break your face and then I'm gonna go give your sister a good phuck."

11 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

"If he had done things properly, you wouldn't have ISIS." That is pretty clear to me. Obama's policies allowed ISIS to grow and thrive.

Have you ever bothered to find out Obama's reasoning behind his foriegn policies? 

Here is a very good, in depth article on Obama's foreign policies and his thoughts and beliefs on it.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/04/the-obama-doctrine/471525/

It's rather long so I hope it does not strain your comprehension skills.

TH 

"If you are a supporter of the president, his strategy makes eminent sense: Double down in those parts of the world where success is plausible, and limit America’s exposure to the rest. His critics believe, however, that problems like those presented by the Middle East don’t solve themselves—that, without American intervention, they metastasize.

At the moment, Syria, where history appears to be bending toward greater chaos, poses the most direct challenge to the president’s worldview.

George W. Bush was also a gambler, not a bluffer. He will be remembered harshly for the things he did in the Middle East. Barack Obama is gambling that he will be judged well for the things he didn’t do."

Even if Mr. Trump's remarks were meant to be "sarcastic"...

How much did President Obama really know about the deals done by his Secretary of State? Wasn't the administration (including President Obama) informed or aware of what was going on in his State Department? (Rhetorical question! Or could it be that he is woefully unfit to do his job? Was he really not aware that Mrs. Clinton's emails to him were sent from a non-government email address?)

But I digress, back on topic:

WikiLeaks CONFIRMS Hillary Sold Weapons to ISIS… Then Drops Another BOMBSHELL! Breaking News

So, those Hillary Clinton emails, they connect together with the cables that we have published of Hillary Clinton, creating a rich picture of how Hillary Clinton performs in office, but, more broadly, how the U.S. Department of State operates. So, for example, the disastrous, absolutely disastrous intervention in Libya, the destruction of the Gaddafi government, which led to the occupation of ISIS of large segments of that country, weapons flows going over to Syria, being pushed by Hillary Clinton, into jihadists within Syria, including ISIS, that’s there in those emails.

Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Trump knows much more than we are aware of (Oh yes, I'm convinced of that) and pushes the biased media ultimately into the right direction... Forcing them to finally do their own investigation and show Mrs. Clinton - and President Obama - as what they are... And this time, without the possibility to pretend of being "sarcastic".

I think that's quite ingenious; Letting the liberal MSM make a lot of noise (about how mean Mr. Trump is) and then finally falling into their own sword; Having to show that Hillary Knowingly Sold Weapons to ISIS - Without informing her boss? Oh yes, sure!

1 hour ago, Andreas2 said:

Even if Mr. Trump's remarks were meant to be "sarcastic"...

How much did President Obama really know about the deals done by his Secretary of State? Wasn't the administration (including President Obama) informed or aware of what was going on in his State Department? (Rhetorical question! Or could it be that he is woefully unfit to do his job? Was he really not aware that Mrs. Clinton's emails to him were sent from a non-government email address?)

But I digress, back on topic:

WikiLeaks CONFIRMS Hillary Sold Weapons to ISIS… Then Drops Another BOMBSHELL! Breaking News

So, those Hillary Clinton emails, they connect together with the cables that we have published of Hillary Clinton, creating a rich picture of how Hillary Clinton performs in office, but, more broadly, how the U.S. Department of State operates. So, for example, the disastrous, absolutely disastrous intervention in Libya, the destruction of the Gaddafi government, which led to the occupation of ISIS of large segments of that country, weapons flows going over to Syria, being pushed by Hillary Clinton, into jihadists within Syria, including ISIS, that’s there in those emails.

Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Trump knows much more than we are aware of (Oh yes, I'm convinced of that) and pushes the biased media ultimately into the right direction... Forcing them to finally do their own investigation and show Mrs. Clinton - and President Obama - as what they are... And this time, without the possibility to pretend of being "sarcastic".

I think that's quite ingenious; Letting the liberal MSM make a lot of noise (about how mean Mr. Trump is) and then finally falling into their own sword; Having to show that Hillary Knowingly Sold Weapons to ISIS - Without informing her boss? Oh yes, sure!

Everyone in the know has known for many years that events in Iraq led to the Arab spring and subsequently the US recruiting 'rebels' to help overthrow Assad. The fact is that those rebels were bad guys and broke up in factions, many of whom went ahead and started ISIS. International arms trade is a dirty business. The US/UK/France gave Saddam ALL his chemical weapons, they sell weapons to whomever they want. The US under Reagan SOLD weapons to your number one enemy Iran. You are making claims like a schoolboy learning something for the first time. EVERY conflict the USA have been involved in or started since Vietnam has been dirty. So what is your point? If you are wishing to set some kind of legal precedence then go ahead, and HRC will then be in a long long queue of Americans that will need jailing. So many in fact they would need their own jail.

Trump knows nothing other than how to create personal wealth by dragging others around him into debt and then claiming bankruptcy.

Your ranting is reminiscent of someone that would be most at home with the rest of the genuine Trump support base, back in the 60's, in a large crowd with white pointy hats and a rope in your hand baying for blood. It is pathetic. It's all like you are learning how the world works for the first time. Well welcome, decades of US administrations have been precisely the same. Are you so naive you think it is Democrats or Republicans? Go learn some more, this time about the people that are really running the USA. You see unlike at election time, they don't change.

5 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Everyone in the know has known for many years that events in Iraq led to the Arab spring and subsequently the US recruiting 'rebels' to help overthrow Assad. The fact is that those rebels were bad guys and broke up in factions, many of whom went ahead and started ISIS.

(clipped for brevity)

Everyone in the know knows that the M.East is a cauldron of on-going problems.  Has been since before the siege of Jericho and will continue to be for many generations.  The best that can be expected there is small scale wars.  To play the 'blame game' is like coming upon a 15 member dog fight and picking the dog which started it and why.

12 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Of course. Frankly, I find most of his "reasoning" to be amazingly naïve. It fits right in with his ideology.

Seriously?

You find Obama's stance naive but you support Trump?

If Obama's policy and his reasoning is "naive"...what is Trumps?

The guy does not know the difference between Sunie's and Shiites...I guess, he thinks, they are something to eat, that has to do with raw fish!