Not welcome: The water monitor that came to lunch in Sattahip

webfact

Not welcome: The water monitor that came to lunch in Sattahip

a4.jpg

Image: Thairath

SATTAHIP: -- A giant water monitor was a very unwelcome visitor at a Sattahip restaurant - and was even starting to scare the customers away.

So the local foundation workers were called to deal with the matter - but it proved tougher than they imagined, reported Thairath.

Ten guys from the Sawang Rotjana Thamasathan foundation arrived with all their trapping equipment and found the three metre 50 kilogram Tua Ngern Tua Thong acting casual in front of the gents.

They managed to entice and lasso it but it got away again and went to hide under the restaurant - the Seahorse Station in downtown Sattahip.

Then the "monitor men" got serious and managed to get its legs and tail and the job was finally done after more than half an hour of effort.

The beast was released back into the wild - well away from the lunchtime diners at the restaurant.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-19

27 minutes ago, monkey4u said:

Then stick him on the bbq id he causes trouble  :whistling:

LoL - I was kind of wondering how he didn't end up on the BBQ in the first place ! Maybe a little too feisty (and big) for the cook to handle !

I see them on a daily basis and think they're great. It always surprises me when I see them climbing trees. They usually run away from people though so it's surprising that this restaurant had problems. I've only ever seen them bother dogs.

I saw a big water monitor at a restaurant near a highway on the west side of Bangkok.

It had ate one of the small puppies that were near the restaurant and a few chicks,

it was shooed away back to the nearby river by a few angry Thai fellows, and us

customers were very happy to see it go.  They are pretty big creatures, and I was glad to

see it in the day time.

Geezer

A Water Monitor.JPG

I had six of these guys hatch out under our pool deck, never realized what they were and never realized there were six of them just thought it was the same one we were seeing often, they were very good at hiding but we would see them swimming around in our pond where they ate the koy Carp. At 1mtr long realized there were more than one and they were going to continue to grow so built a trap and over a period of two weeks managed to catch them all and re located them to a near by lake.

Here is a picture of one of them sunning himself and another of one inside the trap I made

P9070267.JPG

Freda.JPG

On 8/21/2016 at 3:22 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

I saw a big water monitor at a restaurant near a highway on the west side of Bangkok.

It had ate one of the small puppies that were near the restaurant and a few chicks,

it was shooed away back to the nearby river by a few angry Thai fellows, and us

customers were very happy to see it go.  They are pretty big creatures, and I was glad to

see it in the day time.

Geezer

A Water Monitor.JPG

I'd certainly be glad to see one of these creatures in my neighbourhood at night time when the local soi dogs get going with their howling and barking:)