Armed Robbery of Indians in Soi 9, behind the Police Station

webfact

Armed Robbery of Indians in Soi 9, behind the Police Station

Report by Pattaya One News Team

pat33.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 1.30am on the morning of August 29 Pattaya police received reports of a robbery on Beach Road, Soi 9, just behind the Police Station.

At the scene officers took a statement from a forty-nine-year old Indian businessman, Mr Hussain Qureshi.

He reported that as he and a group of friends left a nearby restaurant they were approached by two Thai women on a motorbike. One of them produced a knife and threatened the men.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/230907/armed-robbery-indians-soi-9-behind-police-station/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-08-29

They (a group of them) were approached by 2 women on a motorbike. One of the women produced a knife and instead of oh, I don't know, moving/running away, they all started forking over money ? Check those CCTVs and see if the real story isn't more like one of them tried to make a deal with some ladyboys who either asked for cash up front or simply pick-pocketed them and ran.

A time or two, years ago I'd get a wee bit drunk, grab some McDonalds and go sit on a bench on Beach Road and watch the early morning activities. It was often hilarious to see individuals, from an  ethnic background similar to these gentlemen, approaching groups of ladyboys and trying to negotiate discounts or group deals. If you watched carefully, often you could see they had a number of friends (3-5) across the street trying to look inconspicuous while hiding around a corner. Sometimes they'd shout something and you'd see (3-5) arms pointing at a different group of ladyboys. I'm guessing the one brave individual was more likely trying to get a discount because if the ladyboys noticed his friends across the street the discussion would usually end immediately and the one guy would then approach a different group.

I swear, Walking Street between 11pm-2am and Beach Road between 2-4am is usually way better then any "reality" TV show out there. It gives you a bit of almost everything the TV shows offer, but isn't scripted and the drama is (normally) real. 

You get the Rom-Com stuff (romantic comedies of love-drunk foreigners and their rent-a-wives), action-adventure (dodging angry Arabs, puking Russians, drunk Westerners, psychotic ladyboys, crazy moto-taxi drivers), Crime drama (thievery, brawling, cop chases). Dancing (some not quite as sexy as you'd hope - old drunk white guys shouldn't try to mambo in a disco, let alone the middle of the street). 

It's also great when you look around and you just know that 2 of every 3 "white guys" you see has to be an ex-super secret special ops seal/delta/ranger/SAS commando (regardless of what they look like) and know that, at any minute, everything could turn into a scene from the A-Team or the Expendables (and just like actual "reality" TV, you'll probably be disappointed by the outcome.)

Seems the woman with the knife didn't bother with things like cell phones or watches and was content with taking just the  7000 baht, $200 & INR 2000. 

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

They (a group of them) were approached by 2 women on a motorbike. One of the women produced a knife and instead of oh, I don't know, moving/running away, they all started forking over money ? Check those CCTVs and see if the real story isn't more like one of them tried to make a deal with some ladyboys who either asked for cash up front or simply pick-pocketed them and ran.

A time or two, years ago I'd get a wee bit drunk, grab some McDonalds and go sit on a bench on Beach Road and watch the early morning activities. It was often hilarious to see individuals, from an  ethnic background similar to these gentlemen, approaching groups of ladyboys and trying to negotiate discounts or group deals. If you watched carefully, often you could see they had a number of friends (3-5) across the street trying to look inconspicuous while hiding around a corner. Sometimes they'd shout something and you'd see (3-5) arms pointing at a different group of ladyboys. I'm guessing the one brave individual was more likely trying to get a discount because if the ladyboys noticed his friends across the street the discussion would usually end immediately and the one guy would then approach a different group.

I swear, Walking Street between 11pm-2am and Beach Road between 2-4am is usually way better then any "reality" TV show out there. It gives you a bit of almost everything the TV shows offer, but isn't scripted and the drama is (normally) real. 

You get the Rom-Com stuff (romantic comedies of love-drunk foreigners and their rent-a-wives), action-adventure (dodging angry Arabs, puking Russians, drunk Westerners, psychotic ladyboys, crazy moto-taxi drivers), Crime drama (thievery, brawling, cop chases). Dancing (some not quite as sexy as you'd hope - old drunk white guys shouldn't try to mambo in a disco, let alone the middle of the street). 

It's also great when you look around and you just know that 2 of every 3 "white guys" you see has to be an ex-super secret special ops seal/delta/ranger/SAS commando (regardless of what they look like) and know that, at any minute, everything could turn into a scene from the A-Team or the Expendables (and just like actual "reality" TV, you'll probably be disappointed by the outcome.)

Seems the woman with the knife didn't bother with things like cell phones or watches and was content with taking just the  7000 baht, $200 & INR 2000. 

you made my day with that post LMAO  and 100% correct, 5 on 1 for 1000baht - we are the gang you are the bang

23 minutes ago, Alwyn said:

A group of adult men - even Indians - should be able to take care of one female with a knife, right?

especially if she was riding pillion, heck just walk the opposite direction and you'll be gone before the bike can turn around.

7 hours ago, Kerryd said:

you see a knife being pointed at you at 2.00am all logic is sure to take flight. your self preservation is more important than all the wealth you are carrying.

I'm Indian and I offer share beer and girls experience in soi 6...you must try it, its now become a part of Pattaya Experience. You share beer and girls with your Hommies, DudeBro's Indian Style ..

I will guide you how its done properly....1 Billion humans can't be wrong...:clap2:...You share you grow...:wai:

I was flicking through a holiday brochure the other day and in there they were offering family holidays in Pattaya.  It said that Pattaya was a lively family friendly resort with a nice beach and some great restaurants.  The promotional photos were carefully chosen and showed a family relaxing on the beach and eating at a pizza restaurant.  Beggars belief that there were no warnings of any sort!

6 hours ago, Alwyn said:

A group of adult men - even Indians - should be able to take care of one female with a knife, right?

Nope. Send a gang of them in for haircuts with my dorris and see where that gets them. She tells them to eff off out the shop and if they start that bo-dop bo-dop banter theyre really in risk of losing their <deleted>

15 hours ago, starchild5 said:

I'm Indian and I offer share beer and girls experience in soi 6...you must try it, its now become a part of Pattaya Experience. You share beer and girls with your Hommies, DudeBro's Indian Style ..

I will guide you how its done properly....1 Billion humans can't be wrong...:clap2:...You share you grow...:wai:

Indian concept of share a beer........one beer and 5 straws :whistling: