PM calls on Thais to overcome hatred

rooster59

PM calls on Thais to overcome hatred

Thammarat Thadaphrom

PNPOL590917001000601.jpg

BANGKOK, 17 September 2016 (NNT) – The prime minister has asked members of the public to overcome feelings of hatred and work together towards reform. 

Speaking before civil servants, students and people of Phuket, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said every citizen should look forward to a brighter future and development. He said Phuket is a potential city for growth as the government has a number of development projects lined up for the city. 

He then called on every sector of society to have trust and faith in one another and eradicate all feelings of hatred. It requires active participation from the public to turn Thailand into a corruption-free nation. 

He also asked social media to stop criticize or pass judgment on pending court cases, saying all legal cases should be left in the hands of the justice system. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-18

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM
Wouldn't surprise me if we're all being monitored.

However, If you're monitoring every single thing that goes on in a given culture and if you have all the information that is there, then that is the equivalent of having SFA.

How are you going to process that amount of information?

Just saying .,,,.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

It requires active participation from the public to turn Thailand into a corruption-free nation. 

Oh! It's the public's fault! And here I was thinking it was the government, military, police, and public officials' fault... Silly me. :facepalm:

14 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

PM
Wouldn't surprise me if we're all being monitored.

However, If you're monitoring every single thing that goes on in a given culture and if you have all the information that is there, then that is the equivalent of having SFA.

How are you going to process that amount of information?

Just saying .,,,.

Yes, my wife (whom I share frequent open and frank discussions regarding the politics of Thailand, and agrees with the majority of my views) is also concerned that my comments here are being noted... "Be careful darling" has been uttered many a time while I'm tapping away at the keyboard.

I follow a particular Scottish journalist of Facebook and Twitter, and am very cautious to never 'Like', comment or otherwise endorse anything posted by him, or, indeed, post anything on Facebook that may break any Thai laws (no matter what I think of them).

Yes, my wife (whom I share frequent open and frank discussions regarding the politics of Thailand, and agrees with the majority of my views) is also concerned that my comments here are being noted... "Be careful darling" has been uttered many a time while I'm tapping away at the keyboard.

I follow a particular Scottish journalist of Facebook and Twitter, and am very cautious to never 'Like', comment or otherwise endorse anything posted by him, or, indeed, post anything on Facebook that may break any Thai laws (no matter what I think of them).

That's screwing the bobbin as we Scottish say!! (Boxing Clever)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

Clearly he is talking about the factions and shirt colours within Thailand,

but lets see how long it takes  the TV stooges to turn it into a Thai vs Farang debate.

zzzz

Really just your assumption.....TV stooges......????......a little hatred there :))

"be left in the hands of the justice system" I thought these hands were cut off due to recent coup, and new hands were put in their place.

I am going to regret this, but, the General appears to have things in order, like the little duck on the pond with his little legs going 100 miles an hour under the water.

The problem with hatred is that critiques usually are seen as hatred. They should be seen as how the Government is judged by its people. Hence any criticism is seen as negative, but should be viewed as an analysis of policies. :thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, jamesbrock said:

Exercise caution of course, but I wouldn't worry too much. We are all in one place (here) and writing in a language not many Thais have a decent command of, so we are probably just foreign pigs playing in our grubby little pen to the authorities. If we were writing in Thai and / or out on the streets would be a different matter, but we aren't. 

Besides, it is better to be an enemy of the state than an enemy of the people...

Edited by baboon

When Mr/ General Prayut first installed himself as head of the country, I must admit I was a bit of a fan and believed he did have nothing but good intentions and did do a lot of good things for Thailand at that time. Things that were so desperately needed for the country to go forward. And he did steer the country out of some very dark times indeed. But now as time goes by, I feel that he is now causing the place to start 'marching time'. He is so caught up with himself and the power of authority that comes with being a leader of a country that it scares me. And that causes, as he puts it, hate amongst his constituents. Fortunately this guy's days are numbered. A few more years at best. The current status quo here in Thailand cannot go on forever, it is humanly impossible. And when that status quo does come to an end, so will Prayut's rule. What happens after that occurs is anybody's guess. Things may get better. Or things could get a whole lot worse. We may all be gone with him. Interesting times ahead.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He also asked social media to stop criticize or pass judgment on pending court cases, saying all legal cases should be left in the hands of the justice system.

yes, the people (aka social media) should stop criticizing (expressing their opinion) and leave everything in the hands of the justice system (controlled by the military).... 

Didn't he just say something yesterday about human rights?  Doesn't really understand what they are, does he?

Being written in English is probably a big problem for him... :whistling:

The infamous Thai "killing smile" springs to mind! Reading stuff like this on a daily basis makes me wonder if the whole world has gone insane!

Then I look at what is happening in the US with Hilary and I have confirmation, :w00t:

Oh, right. Exactly the same flapdoodle he hogs the media with week in and week out, then.

He who controls the media, controls the world.

You are exactly right in what you say, on one side conducting daily brain washing briefs and on the other condoning the same media for bringing the real truth to the table.

He who controls.................

1 hour ago, 300sd said:

Obviously he hasn't been through Thailand's justice system!

Considering he is invoking article 44 selectively, it seems that he also isn't leaving things in the hands of the justice system.