Yingluck again opposes Supha to head inquiry of mismanagement of major flooding in 2014

webfact

Yingluck again opposes Supha to head inquiry of mismanagement of major flooding in 2014

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4Fu0Zeu1CYeAj8zy9Iu96G3Q

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Ms Yingluck Shinawatra today petitioned the chairman of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) voicing her strong opposition to the appointment of Ms Supha Piyajitti to head inquiry of the mismanagement of flood prevention funds which she was indicted of malfeasance and corruption.

The petition which is the eighth formal request against Ms Supha, her rival witness, was submitted to the NACC chairman Pol Gen Vatcharapol Prasarnrajakij by her lawyer Noravich Laleang this morning.

Ms Yingluck’s eighth petition after the past sevens were not treated, came after the NACC board named Ms Supha, former permanent secretary of Finance Ministry, to head another team to conduct inquiry into the case which Ms Yingluck was accused of mismanagement and corruption over the prevention of the major flooding in 2014.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-opposes-supha-head-inquiry-mismanagement-major-flooding-2014/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-22

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously she will keep partitioning them until they appoint someone that she knows will not find her guilty or do it honestly, maybe one day these corrupt politicians will actually be able to admit the truth about what they have done but I doubt it, face is much more important as is making sure all their assets are safe

Edited by seajae

Yingluck petitions NACC to change ‘antagonistic’ panel chief

THE NATION 

30295983-01_big.jpg

Yingluck

BANGKOK: -- FORMER PRIME minister Yingluck Shinawatra has requested the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) to appoint a new chairperson to the subcommittees tasked with investigating her alleged wrongdoings in six criminal cases.

In a petition submitted to the anti-graft body on behalf of Yingluck, her lawyer Norawich La-laeng said that Supa Piyajitti, an NACC commissioner who heads six subcommittees, is not fit for the task due to her antagonistic views about the former prime minister.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-petitions-NACC-to-change-antagonistic-pan-30295983.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-23

So in Thailand you can be indicted for mismanagement, which is just another term for incompetence. And who sets the bar at what the minimum level of competency is. This seems like this determination could be very subjective and thus political. Doesn't it bother the Thais that they can appear so transparent in their attempts to hang their opponents?

11 minutes ago, edwarda909 said:

So in Thailand you can be indicted for mismanagement, which is just another term for incompetence. And who sets the bar at what the minimum level of competency is. This seems like this determination could be very subjective and thus political. Doesn't it bother the Thais that they can appear so transparent in their attempts to hang their opponents?

In this case the charge is not negligence/incompetence, it is corruption.

" Former prime minister Ms Yingluck Shinawatra today petitioned the chairman of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) voicing her strong opposition to the appointment of Ms Supha Piyajitti to head inquiry of the mismanagement of flood prevention funds which she was indicted of malfeasance and corruption. "  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-opposes-supha-head-inquiry-mismanagement-major-flooding-2014/

They should put her in jail for this. I was a victim of her incompetence. I can live with that but they had satelites and planes to monitor the situation.

They said dont worry it wont flood. We trusted her based choices on it..... and got screwed.

My village had many PTP supporters and lost many because of that false information and the total mismanagement.

I coud live with the mismanagement but not the lying and witholding information so we made the wrong choices.

ha, they flooded bangkok on purpose to make her look bad and now they are going to claim it was her miss management that caused it. she is better leaving off thailand.  the yellows are in power and even with elections that is not going to change.

Lies

Her allies kept the dam managers from releasing water earlier as it would damage rice. Had they not done that it would have been ok.

Its like blaming her for the sun coming up. If you really look at the history of the flood mitigation problems in Bangkok, mismanagement has been a common occurrence for a very long time. Abhisit and the Bangkok Mayor contributed to doing nothing, why not go after them? And so on. With Ms Supha there it does sound a bit cattie.

So what is Supha doing about the problem now? Or any one else. When it happens again blame the Shin's.:clap2:

2 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

so i have an english friend who works in thailand for a company who does sewerage and drainage. he said the the people who control the movement of water through bangkok are on the yellows team and they deliberately held back the water to create a flood to make her government look bad.  she came into office 2 months before the floods and i doubt she had any control over the people who were running the  system. 2 months in she was probably still busy redecorating he new government residence.

You probably want to believe that.  :shock1:

3 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Its like blaming her for the sun coming up. If you really look at the history of the flood mitigation problems in Bangkok, mismanagement has been a common occurrence for a very long time. Abhisit and the Bangkok Mayor contributed to doing nothing, why not go after them? And so on. With Ms Supha there it does sound a bit cattie.

So what is Supha doing about the problem now? Or any one else. When it happens again blame the Shin's.:clap2:

think you are right there. flooding seems to be as good a reason to go after political enemies as corruption.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

I was mistaken too... im talking the flooding of bkk not 2014.

I hold her responsible for at least lying and witholding information and thus xausing extra damage.

well thats politics for you. especially in thailand. only reason this is coming up is the yellows are doing what they can to put her off running in the next election. she is still very popular and would probably win an election tomorrow if a free election was allowed to be run. she will be hounded until she has to leave the country. if she is not that smart she may even end up in jail. now that would be something.

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

ha, they flooded bangkok on purpose to make her look bad and now they are going to claim it was her miss management that caused it. she is better leaving off thailand.  the yellows are in power and even with elections that is not going to change.

Who are "they"?

43 minutes ago, robblok said:

Lies

Her allies kept the dam managers from releasing water earlier as it would damage rice. Had they not done that it would have been ok.

Of course it is a lie and no. it wasn't the dam managers fault. They were all over ridden by the Minister for Agriculture who was from Banharn Silpa Archa's party and I cannot think of his name.

He instructed the dam managements to keep the dams full to the brim against all professional advice so that the rice farmers could harvest every last grain of rice. To relieve the weight of water in the Bhumibol dam especially they were then told to dump as much water as they could which of course was a major part of the floods of 2011.

The following year he ordered the dams to release too much water against all professional advice in case the heavy rains came and flooded the country again. The rains didn't come and so last year and this year we had a severe drought.

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

Seems as how it is impossible to blame God Yingluck is the next best thing. Here we are 2 years later and not much as changed. Thailand should have built catch basins all over the place to preserve what the heavens unleash. Like I said she should have been smart enough to move all  her assets off shore because if they are here be ready to be fleeced. 

2 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Seems as how it is impossible to blame God Yingluck is the next best thing. Here we are 2 years later and not much as changed. Thailand should have built catch basins all over the place to preserve what the heavens unleash. Like I said she should have been smart enough to move all  her assets off shore because if they are here be ready to be fleeced. 

yea more dams are the answer but it seems just about impossible to get them built. the friend of mine who works in drainage in thailand has been asked not to retire as there he is involved in several court cases trying to figure out where the budgeted money went for a number of dams that never go built. as for yingluck if she has any assets left in thailand she might as well kiss them good bye unless the reds can some how get back into power. have to wonder if she dosent have her private jet on standby for immediate extraction.

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Of course it is a lie and no. it wasn't the dam managers fault. They were all over ridden by the Minister for Agriculture who was from Banharn Silpa Archa's party and I cannot think of his name.

He instructed the dam managements to keep the dams full to the brim against all professional advice so that the rice farmers could harvest every last grain of rice. To relieve the weight of water in the Bhumibol dam especially they were then told to dump as much water as they could which of course was a major part of the floods of 2011.

The following year he ordered the dams to release too much water against all professional advice in case the heavy rains came and flooded the country again. The rains didn't come and so last year and this year we had a severe drought.

Yes Williamgeorgeallen is mistaken, it was YL her own PTP responsible for the flood. Us who lived through kinda remember details like that. And yes you were right it was because of Banharn a PTP ally that Bangkok (and other parts were flooded).

But what I hold her most responsible for is that they had satellite images and planes flying over watching the water move towards BKK and my home a bit above BKK and told us it would be all fine. They lied.. to save their face at the expense of many people.

Plus the stunt of relabeling relief packages donated by normal people to have Thaksin his face on it.