What was your favourite TV show when you were a kid?

Wilsonandson

For me, I loved watching the A-Team. My favourite character's were B.A and Murdock. Every Saturday it was on ITV in the U.K. A classic! What about you? What was your favourite TV show when you were a kid/teenager growing up?1476590542463.jpg

Edited by Wilsonandson

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Who (John Pertwee & Tom Baker),  Blake's 7,  Roobarb & Custard,  Star Trek,.  Ivor The Engine & everything else from Oliver Postgate (truly a wonderful man),... and, one must never forget Jackanory.  Sorry if all this is lost on those outside the UK.

I'm sorry, but the A team was the biggest load of garbage I ever seen on television IMO.

All the shooting, explosions etc, and not even a spot of blood, one episode

was enough for me.

I did not have one special favourite, I like so many shows as a kid, when I think of the best, I will post.

I think this is going to be a great topic, and will run a good few pages.

Edited by possum1931
Spelling mistake.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Cheyenne

Cheyenne.jpg

I have got the whole series of Cheyenne on DVD, great, but I hated it when he took off his shirt, but at least unlike

Arnie and that other overmuscled guy Stallone, Clint Walker could act.

Just now, possum1931 said:

Oh! My gaaaaawwwwwd.:post-4641-1156693976:

Poss ol' chum, if you think Clint does not look at complete awesome hunk then l am beginning to worry about you.....:giggle:

May I add....Stallone was not over muscled, he is/was what is called 'ripped'...He exercised on what he had and lost ever ounce of fat, hence he looked like a muscle man, but at 5' 6" tall stuff looked even better for the camera...Arnie was a different deal, incredible physique when doing the body building circuit but a different 'animal' years on...But looks good to me...

The Ed Sullivan Show, The Monkees, Gilligan's Island, McHale's Navy, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, Mission Impossible, I Dream of Jeanie, Hogan's Heroes, Bewitched, The Bob Newhart Show, The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, Adam 12, Rat Patrol, Combat, In Concert, The Midnight Special, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, to name just a few...

33 minutes ago, transam said:

Poss ol' chum, if you think Clint does not look at complete awesome hunk then l am beginning to worry about you.....:giggle:

May I add....Stallone was not over muscled, he is/was what is called 'ripped'...He exercised on what he had and lost ever ounce of fat, hence he looked like a muscle man, but at 5' 6" tall stuff looked even better for the camera...Arnie was a different deal, incredible physique when doing the body building circuit but a different 'animal' years on...But looks good to me...

I just think men, the body building type, with big muscles are like any overweight men, just pure ugly, and muscle does weight more than fat.

Unlike Clint Walker, Arnie and Stallone did not become famous through their acting ability.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I just think men, the body building type, with big muscles are like any overweight men, just pure ugly, and muscle does weight more than fat.

Unlike Clint Walker, Arnie and Stallone did not become famous through their acting ability.

Sounds a lot like you got some complex about people who are muscular. You bring it up quite a lot. Do you feel threatened or just too small in comparison. Could be in your subconscious. 

Personally I don't care much how people look, though I would hate to have a real overweight guy next to me in the plane. then Id prefer one of those skinny sickly looking guys. :smile:

I loved Star Trek and the A team and many others.. knight rider... so many. 

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Banana Splits

Dastardly and Muttley In Their Flying Machines

Wacky Races

Chan Clan

Hair Bear Bunch

Jackanory

Tiswas

Goober and the Ghost Chasers

Jamie and the Magic Torch

Edited by mca