West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

^"Crap competition imho and you are probably best out of it".

Never get why it's considered a crap cup, it might be to the likes of Barca, Bayern and Madrid, but for most other clubs its a cup to be won and some fun days abroad for the fans.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
crap quote button doesn't work.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Never get why it's considered a crap cup, it might be to the likes of Barca, Bayern and Madrid, but for most other clubs its a cup to be won and some fun days abroad for the fans.

Oh right like a thursday night 6000m round trip to siberia?  Is that what you mean.:whistling:

Its a crap tournament, with no money and totally devalued by allowing in a champions league drop out.

West Ham's first choice lineup are a match for anyone.

This shows us that the squad players are just not up to it so better off out of this completion and concentrate on a good EPL finish.

At least we will be playing on Saturdays.

As for the new stadium?

Should have stayed at Upton Park where we would have qualified against this mob.

Edited by Eclipse

6 hours ago, Chicog said:

The winner gets 25 million euros, so not to be sniffed at.

I mean that would pay Mourinho's wages for a year.

man utd got Fenerbahce, Feyenoord and Zorya Luhansk  and southampton got   Inter Milan, Sparta Prague and Hapoel Be'er Sheva. either arnt terrible draws, this 6000 mile to the bac of beyond only happens in qualfying  either of these wouldn't have been an unattractive draw for most teams

Losing to Astra was slightly embarrassing, but they were a decent team. Better than Bournemouth last weekend anyway. On the other hand, they were diving/time wasting a lot. A bit like Arsenal last season.

Plus our best creative players are all injured.

So disappointing, especially as we have some good young players needing experience who might have had a go in later rounds, but I guess some things stay the same.

5 hours ago, tw25rw said:

Losing to Astra was slightly embarrassing, but they were a decent team. Better than Bournemouth last weekend anyway. On the other hand, they were diving/time wasting a lot. A bit like Arsenal last season.

Plus our best creative players are all injured.

So disappointing, especially as we have some good young players needing experience who might have had a go in later rounds, but I guess some things stay the same.

"Slightly" embarrassing!!!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2016 at 8:56 AM, alfieconn said:

Well lad's, looks like it's going to be a long old slog for you this season, probably best to stop thinking about Top 6 and start thinking about avoiding relegation, at least  the ground should fit in nicely in the Championship :D

I did tell ya Lad's :D

Anyway where's Stones these day's ? usually got a lot to say for himself, the MRred of the West ham thread me thinks !

Edited by alfieconn

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I did tell ya Lad's :D

Anyway where's Stones these day's ? usually got a lot to say for himself, the MRred of the West ham thread me thinks !

Oh yeah. That fellow had some entertainment value as well.

What's doing with the Hammer defense ? 

We are shipping a lot of goals down the right.. I don't like to blame Byram, but I hope Arbeloa gets fit soon.

I spent Thursday night as an extra in a film being shot at Upton Park starring Pierce Brosnan and Dave Bautista.. Despite the trashed and neglected state of the ground, it made me homesick. I went to my old season ticket seat for one last time, and someone had nicked it.

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎8‎/‎2559 at 7:56 PM, tw25rw said:

I read the away fans weren't happy than they were split over 2 levels, but that the view was ok. Crowd control hasn't really been thought out and there's no segregation except for the actual seats. They'll need to sort that out before the 1st derby or visit from a big northern club.

Seems you where right ,something needs doing after the Watford  game, as has been said  WH where quick in responding ,and only they second  game  at " the new ground".

Going down 4-2  to Watford , not a good start.

There has been some trouble kicking off among the home fans over persistent standing by some of the fans.. At UP, some areas were unofficially standing areas as the club stopped bothering trying to make people sit. At the new ground, those people again insist on standing, much to the irritation of people behind them who want to sit. There have also been some stewards/bouncers sent in to enforce the rules and the crowd have been fighting back.

Ironically, the areas where people used to always stand are the ones where most of the seating has been dismantled and removed by souvenir hunters after the last game in May. They did a pretty thorough job.

I'd like to see Ogbonna in for Collins. I like Collins, but we look more solid with Ogbonna.

3 hours ago, tw25rw said:

There has been some trouble kicking off among the home fans over persistent standing by some of the fans.. At UP, some areas were unofficially standing areas as the club stopped bothering trying to make people sit. At the new ground, those people again insist on standing, much to the irritation of people behind them who want to sit. There have also been some stewards/bouncers sent in to enforce the rules and the crowd have been fighting back.

Ironically, the areas where people used to always stand are the ones where most of the seating has been dismantled and removed by souvenir hunters after the last game in May. They did a pretty thorough job.

I'd like to see Ogbonna in for Collins. I like Collins, but we look more solid with Ogbonna.

West Ham really need to curb their hooligan problem.  

West Ham do not have a hooligan problem.

What they do have is a bunch of idiots insisting on standing up in front of old people, women and kids and anyone else who paid for a seat.

What would you do after paying out big money for a season ticket and unable to see a thing?

West Ham are being refused a license to increase capacity because of selfish morons standing.

Couple that with stewards who are not employed by West Ham but are employed by the stadium.

These stewards have no training for football crowds and are clueless.

Upton Park stewards were mostly fans as well and had some pride in their work.

They operated in the same area every week and built an understanding with the fans.

Stewards at the LS are mostly any old Tom DIck or Harry who just turn up and given an area on the day.

As for the team? Too many average squad players and probably a season too far for Ginge Collins.

Obviously I have not been there but as a football stadium it looks awful on the TV.

Slaven Bilic should be issued a bicycle to get from his seat to the technical area and back.

Edited by Lite Beer

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

couple of watford fan mates went there at the weekend and said it's absolutely awful as a football stadium. far, far too far away from the pitch.

Should have stayed at the Boleyn and let Orient have it.

Nobody has any affinity with this place apart from Sullivan and Gold.  ££££££££££££

Edited by Lite Beer

Watched a bit of the game. The wife asked me what was wrong with the pitch - she meant the track around it. I explained that it's the Olympic stadium turned in to a football stadium. She surprised me by asking then why isn't City's ground (she's been to the Etihad a few times) like that then if it was the commonwealth stadium (she knows that from doing the City Tour - yes I've brainwashed her). I explained the Commonwealth Stadium was designed to be a football stadium with the lower of the 3 tiers of terraces constructed but covered over for the games - no she didn't understand. So was the Olympic Stadium constructed with conversion to football stadium in mind or not?

I'm going to be at Upton Park tomorrow as an extra in the new movie 'Final Score'. From what I've seen of the acting and script, it's gonna be shit. But they've been filming some stunts, eg a motorbike chase on the roof (I have no idea how/why either).

Hopefully they'll have had the toilet block cleaned for the first time since May. Anyone can join in if they want. There's even a tiresome Spurs fan there who goes along in a retro WHU shirt with no6 on it who drones on about how their new stadium isn't second hand etc.

• Like 1