Yingluck at Supreme Court for 8th hearing in rice scheme trial

webfact

Yingluck at Supreme Court for 8th hearing in rice scheme trial 

626_Yingluck.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra appeared before the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders today to stand trial for charges of dereliction of duty in implementing her government's rice pledging scheme.

A hundred of supporters who included her party’s executives and former ministers were on hand to welcome her at the court to give her morale support.

Today is the eighth hearing of the trial which saw former Bangkok senator and key member of Pheu Thai party Ruangkrai Leekitwatana and former chairman of the economic advisory board of the Thaksin Shinawatra government, Mr Pansak Vinyarat, giving testimonies as defending witnesses.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-at-supreme-court-for-8th-hearing-in-rice-scheme-trial/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-09

A hundred of supporters who included her party’s executives and former ministers were on hand to welcome her at the court to give her morale support.

Supporters or future defendants? Next time she appears, tell her to bring her wallet.

The last time someone made pupulist polices the poor recieved a fair price for their rice, a scheme that the middlemen exploited, not Yingluk.

When the current priminister attented the UN for the first time, the UN credited Thailand for put in place a free health system, water and education to the villages. If  I remember the man in the charge then is a close family member of Yingluk.

All those haters of TS and YS should follow her FB if she is so damn unpopular why has she still got 100,s of thousands of Followers. Perhaps cronies did feed themselves in the trough but at least they gave some to the poorest which is a damn sight more than those before and since. 

23 hours ago, Banana7 said:

is there a chance for appeal?

The Supreme Court is the final court.

http://www.thailandcourt.com/appeals-court-and-supreme-court-in-thailand.html

Unlike Western judicial systems however, a case can be tried immediately before the Supreme Court by the prosecution without going through the lower courts and appeals courts. So the verdict is an all or nothing without further appeal. This tends to work against the defendent who may not have had access to all the prosecutions evidence. However, the defendent can petition the Head of State for a mitigated sentence or pardon if found guilty.

Interesting. On the BP website I just read a Yingluck Aide said the RPPS was necessary to stabilize the sluggish economy.

And here I thought that the 'self-financing' scam was to benefit the poor rice farmers who got paid-out 870 billion Baht directly by the Yingluck government, at least in October, 2015 Pheu Thai said so, with a “without any leaks or without any other people benefiting from the scheme.” "

Seems the story gets more different every times I care to check.

Edited by rubl

On 12/9/2016 at 4:26 PM, Denim said:

It's a good thing the current government has stuck to its promise of putting and end to populist policies :unsure:

Otherwise they could one day be in the same boat as Yingluk  :coffee1:

So how do you come up with that?  

The junta have a rice policy almost as much as YL 's policy for rice.

The junta are giving Baht 1,500 - 3,000 one off payment to the poor.

The junta told us the other year he is giving the country a gift of cheaper fuel while the real world know that oil prices are down.

The junta gave the country a bunch of statues that had allergations of corruption.

The junta gave the country a new constutution but baned and crimilaised public disgussion and called it "The peoples constitution"

So yu'p maybe one day he could find himself in the same boat...!

16 minutes ago, JAG said:

Quite a lesson in working a crowd!

She always have time for the people which mades her so likeable. Small talk, selfies, hugs and a great smile are good lessons for grumpy and dumpy if they aspire to be politicians. Frankly I doubt they have all that attributes in their DNA. Not cut out to be politicians. Only way to politics is still by usurping power. 

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

She always have time for the people which mades her so likeable. Small talk, selfies, hugs and a great smile are good lessons for grumpy and dumpy if they aspire to be politicians. Frankly I doubt they have all that attributes in their DNA. Not cut out to be politicians. Only way to politics is still by usurping power. 

I'm trying to imagine grumpy and dumpy smiling, hugging elderly people and moving deftly through a crowd with that "lightness of touch".

No, it isn't coming through...

The more I see of her, the more I think that she knows exactly what she is doing.

3 hours ago, aussieinthailand said:

So how do you come up with that?  

The junta have a rice policy almost as much as YL 's policy for rice.

The junta are giving Baht 1,500 - 3,000 one off payment to the poor.

The junta told us the other year he is giving the country a gift of cheaper fuel while the real world know that oil prices are down.

The junta gave the country a bunch of statues that had allergations of corruption.

The junta gave the country a new constutution but baned and crimilaised public disgussion and called it "The peoples constitution"

So yu'p maybe one day he could find himself in the same boat...!

Look up ' sarcasm' in a dictionary.

You seem to think my post was supportive of the current so called ' government ' whereas I like them about as much as you do.

7 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Sure. she really is such a nice girl, therefore innocent. Nice try EL, failed, as usual.

15 hours ago, macca1962 said:

The last time someone made pupulist polices the poor recieved a fair price for their rice, a scheme that the middlemen exploited, not Yingluk.

When the current priminister attented the UN for the first time, the UN credited Thailand for put in place a free health system, water and education to the villages. If  I remember the man in the charge then is a close family member of Yingluk.

And she knew that others, including the middlemen were ripping off the scheme scam because she was openly warned about it by several agencies including the UN, and when MS. Supa (senior government accounting officer) spoke out she was strongly silenced. So why didn't ys put on her management hat (which she is totally responsible to do) and stop the middlemen etc., from ripping off the scheme scam?

Perhaps you didn't notice, that's why she's in court, for totally and absolutely ignoring her duties to manage things - criminal dereliction of duty.

Are you suggesting the close family member started education in the villages? If you mean normal kids education the your totally wrong and misleading.

If you mean he started 'democracy schools' well .....

2022 the new Prime Minister of Thailand will be Yingluck Shinawatra. The Game She plays is long but the Goal remains the same. All Amnesties past and present will be revoked and those who seek to oppress by force and coertion will find the pressure cooker they built exploded in their faces.

18 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Swift justice? They announced on Channel Asia that the trial would be concluded next July. 

They said in the previous post that a verdict is predicted next July, I am assuming that the trial is over prior to this.

Anyway, up to hearing eight. maybe many more.

4 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

They said in the previous post that a verdict is predicted next July, I am assuming that the trial is over prior to this.

Anyway, up to hearing eight. maybe many more.

The verdict I think is pretty well determined. They make take some time going through the motions. Does an auction take place to see which side wins. 

On 12/10/2016 at 10:53 AM, macca1962 said:

Yingluck, on her own admission, was totally in charge. She was warned about what the middle men and various cronies were up to and did nothing even punishing those who warned her.

She never ever attended any of the meetings, even after appointing herself Chair of the scheme and was supposed to chair each meeting.

She is charged with negligence. So far her legal team, her witnesses and she herself have made no comment on that charge or in defense of that charge.

Perhaps you would care to do so?

On 12/10/2016 at 11:13 AM, Kiwiken said:

All those haters of TS and YS should follow her FB if she is so damn unpopular why has she still got 100,s of thousands of Followers. Perhaps cronies did feed themselves in the trough but at least they gave some to the poorest which is a damn sight more than those before and since. 

The very poor farmers were excluded from this scheme.

No one knows who benefited and by what as PTP have never released any real details and accounts. Ever wondered why?

9 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

2022 the new Prime Minister of Thailand will be Yingluck Shinawatra. The Game She plays is long but the Goal remains the same. All Amnesties past and present will be revoked and those who seek to oppress by force and coertion will find the pressure cooker they built exploded in their faces.

Most delusions TV post - so far! Well done!

22 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

That's because she's a great actress, without a care in the world. All those billions nicely tucked away. Pity she never had time to do her job, chair those meetings and ensure no corruption. But that never was the plan.