Kazakhstani man dies after alleged leap from Phuket hotel

webfact

Kazakhstani man dies after alleged leap from Phuket hotel

Eakkapop Thongtub

1481688651_1-org.jpg

Police question staff and guests at the hotel from which the man jumped. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A Kazakhstani man died at Patong Hospital this morning (Dec 14) after he allegedly jumped from the fifth floor of a hotel in Patong.

Lt Col Weerapong Rakkhito was informed at 4:09am today that a tourist had jumped from a hotel in Patong and was lying unresponsive on the ground.

Officers arrived at the scene, a hotel on Phra Medta Rd, to find an unconscious man lyingon the ground. It was later revealed that the man, a Kazakhstani national, had suffered injuries to the left side of his face and a broken right leg.

The man was transferred to Patong Hospital where doctors pronounced him dead at the emergency room.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/kazakhstani-man-dies-after-alleged-leap-from-phuket-hotel-60226.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-12-14

27 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

The latest in a long line of people that travel all the way to Phuket or Pattaya, get an elevated room and then promptly and inexplicably 'jump' off the balcony.  RIP fella.

My thoughts too,  now many sky divers do this every year and why choose places starting with P ?  I think sky diving would go through my mind sometimes if I had to live in a high rise box , but tourists !

"Alleged" leap,never heard it put like that before,he was

found on the ground ,after falling 5 stories,so did he leap,

as alleged,or was he pushed,did he just fall over the balcony, 

RIP,hope you in better place now.

regards Worgeordie

Have you ever seen how much Kazakhs can drink?!  I have.  They are in the EPL of drinkers.

That's not to excuse anything, just saying that it's unlikely his death would be attributed to alcohol [btw, they also have far more high-rises in Kazakhstan than in Thailand]. 

38 minutes ago, ST11 said:

Kasakhstanians are muslims. How can they drink?

Like many people with strict religious constrictions at home, by going on holiday to places like Thailand to indulge in all manner of activities banned where they come from.

Edited by Old Croc

7 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Rubbish. I guess you have only been to Almaty.

Two storey buildings don't count as "high-rise" for the rest of the country (which I've seen). 

No actually, I lived all over for 5 years.

7 hours ago, ST11 said:

You'd think so but much like UK is Christian [allegedly], they don't follow the religion very strictly. Islam becoming more popular there but the government control it quite strictly.

Believe me they can drink!

8 hours ago, ST11 said:

Only 70% of Kazakhs are Muslims but not every Muslim obeys every rule in the Quran anyway.  Not that there is actually a clear rule in the Quran banning alcohol, it is just that most scholars interpret verses about Kham'r, the covering of one's judgement, to include alcohol, thought some would argue that only being drunk is an issue.  There is actually a verse in the Quran that states that there is some benefit from drinking alcohol, "They ask you about intoxicants and gambling: say, "In them there is a gross "ithm" (sin), and some benefits for the people. But their sinfulness far outweighs their benefit." So one could argue that alcohol is allowed just as long as the drinker does not sin.

I think a lot of Christians forget what it says in the bible about drinking, “Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise”  In truth there is little difference in respect of alcohol between the Bible and Quran, the difference being in the way they are interpreted.

9 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Rubbish. I guess you have only been to Almaty.

Two storey buildings don't count as "high-rise" for the rest of the country (which I've seen). 

Oh, so Astana, Oskemen, Aktobe, Semey, Aktau, Pavlodar, Atyrau, Karaganda, Baikonur, Petropavl, Taldykorgan, Kokshetau, Kostanay, Taraz and Ekibastuz haven't got high-rises?   Really? 

If you didn't see high-rises in Kazakhstan then you must have spent your time in the desert, every large town and city is full of them just like every town and city that was under Soviet administration.

14 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Oh, so Astana, Oskemen, Aktobe, Semey, Aktau, Pavlodar, Atyrau, Karaganda, Baikonur, Petropavl, Taldykorgan, Kokshetau, Kostanay, Taraz and Ekibastuz haven't got high-rises?   Really? 

If you didn't see high-rises in Kazakhstan then you must have spent your time in the desert, every large town and city is full of them just like every town and city that was under Soviet administration.

Yes, there are high-rises in Kazakhstan, but there are not more of them there than in Thailand. That was your claim, which I stated as "Rubbish".

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/12/2016 at 5:19 PM, Shawn0000 said:

Well said sir. Why do people say ridiculous things that they can't corroborate. While on that subject, when we use the term 'Muslims', I hope people do realise that there are approximately 73 fractions of Islam, a bit like Christianity, Judaism etc. They all have different rules so let's cut the 'they don't drink' etc. BTW, I am one.

Reading TV today it looks like alcohol causes all problems in Thailand, but when there I did not see that many drunk people about and I know a drunk when I see one having worked in the business for 40 years. But I only ever went to Pattaya once too many scammers there for my liking

Slightly OT, but Phra Metta Road has been in the news several times in the past month or so (2 jumpers, and one motorbike joyride).

In the 10 years I've been here, I've never heard of Phra Metta Road until now. Where is it?

29 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Slightly OT, but Phra Metta Road has been in the news several times in the past month or so (2 jumpers, and one motorbike joyride).

In the 10 years I've been here, I've never heard of Phra Metta Road until now. Where is it?

Seems to be the new road running past the back of Jungceylon ...

http://www.thephuketnews.com/confusion-on-patong-road-to-kindness-59649.php

Its absolute twaddle to say that one country's people drink more than any other.I know a few Jocks who will wring the bottle out to get the last drop.This is not be confused with the statistics for the country's that consume the most alcohol.To say 'man 'those paddy's can drink' well ,of course they can,but i bet that there are many other people in the country.

/country's that can keep up with them.I would say that some people have the ability to consume more alcohol than others,but thats not a boast that i would be proud to declare.

19 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Seems to be the new road running past the back of Jungceylon ...

http://www.thephuketnews.com/confusion-on-patong-road-to-kindness-59649.php

Got it. Thanks LiK.

So Phra Metta Road is actually what we all know (and is labelled on maps) as Phang Muang Sai Kor Road (aka Sai Kor, aka "the new road").