Any good deals on air conditioners in BKK please?

jadee

Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a new 9,000BTU air conditioner and I've checked the local places like Tesco, Big C etc. I'm in Samut Prakarn, near Bangkok, and wondered whether anyone has noticed any good deals at the moment and would care to share? I just need a standard, non-inverter 9,000BTU split-type wall unit, nothing fancy. Thanks. 
As a side issue, I've never had to replace a unit before, what is standard practice regarding the old unit? Do you pay the installer to remove the old one? Can you recycle them or sell them for scrap? 

4 hours ago, jadee said:

As a side issue, I've never had to replace a unit before, what is standard practice regarding the old unit? Do you pay the installer to remove the old one? Can you recycle them or sell them for scrap? 

I was happy to let the installers of my new air-con take the crappy old one away for nothing, but the guy living opposite me sold his somewhat less crappy old air-con units to someone "up country" for 5000B the pair via some sort of Thai friend. I suppose it all depends on whether you know anyone "up country".

I just bought a new Mitsubishi 24000 Btu (rated 22k) inverter unit from an outfit called 'the Great', looks like a new chain of appliance stores that have appeared recently...they also got Daikin and the other popular jap&korean brands...the price compared favorably with one other place I went to, but about 9% cheaper on Lazada w/o installation...they were doin' a lively trade when we went...