Woman hit by a stray bullet as teenagers try to force a Burmese man to buy meth

rooster59

Eakkapop Thongtub

1484384668_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Police are hunting for two teenagers who accidentally shot a woman while trying to persuade a Burmese man to buy drugs from them.

Capt Kraisorn Boonprasop of Thalang Police was informed at 10:45am today (Jan 14) that a Burmese woman with a gunshot wound was taken to hospital from a workers camp at Baan Na Nuea, in Thepkasattri sub-district.

Having arrived at the scene, Capt Kraisorn and Lt Winit Chearplam questioned Mongkon Wongpradit, the person overlooking the camp, and a Burmese worker named Chan who was a direct participant of the incident.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/woman-hit-by-a-stray-bullet-as-teenagers-try-to-force-a-burmese-man-to-buy-meth-60631.php#j6xh6SRh0JcvC2ef.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-01-14

i really don't get these construction work camp things.  I can understand the economics angle a bit, assuming the construction contractor can hire these people at really cheap labor rates, can get the proper work permits (doubtful), can pay off the Thai officials to let them use non-Thais etc.  Are there really not enough Thais available?  Would the Thais really be paid so much more than the foreign laborers?

5 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

i really don't get these construction work camp things.  I can understand the economics angle a bit, assuming the construction contractor can hire these people at really cheap labor rates, can get the proper work permits (doubtful), can pay off the Thai officials to let them use non-Thais etc.  Are there really not enough Thais available?  Would the Thais really be paid so much more than the foreign laborers?

they  dont  like  hard  construction work as  not  enough  opportunities  to  lounge  around  gawking  at  their  phones + they might  get them  dusty,  better  to  work  in  a  shop  factory  etc  spouting "mai  mee"

Edited by kannot

7 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

is this correct or

Woman hit by a stray bullet as Burmese teenagers try to force a thai man to buy meth

Hope she is better soon

BORING

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

yes these people build all the condos in Hin Hin.

Huge camps appear and then construction begins.

i see truck loads of them packed into the back of army style troop trucks like sardines, standing up in the hot afternoon sun. A large number are women who are painters, plasterers and finish concrete work.

These workers are very friendly, seem unaffected by modern influences, (so far) still dress in more "rural" fashion that is different than Thai. They live in those huge camps, build temporary neighborhoods, and even have small markets on some days selling goods.

The local immigration office has a window just for them.

11 hours ago, kannot said:

they  dont  like  hard  construction work as  not  enough  opportunities  to  lounge  around  gawking  at  their  phones + they might  get them  dusty,  better  to  work  in  a  shop  factory  etc  spouting "mai  mee"

only about 30% of Thai men have actual gainful employment...the rest are content not to work, or work sporadically when their parents, wives, and gfs don't give them money...the Thai govt is aware of this and consider it a subject not to discuss openly...

12 minutes ago, pumpuy said:

Witout the burmese workers the thai economy would breakdown . They do the jobs Thais won't do anymore , they work good and for cheap ...

Plus, they work without complaining on religious and national holidays, of which there are a few. I've been told that this is quite an important factor for employers in the service sector, where they have to maintain 24-7 opening hours. 

11 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Why do contract sugar cane cutters hire their workers here in Khon Kaen to work 100's of kilometres away? Aren't there enough local workers?

Yes there are, but if they use local labour, the labour can go home, get drunk and not turn up for days.

The workers they bring in are housed in shacks and the electricity and water is switched off during the day. If they don't work, what are they going to do? No fans, so it's no fun lounging about and anyway the boss knows where they are.

Very often local labour is just too unreliable.

Back in the day we always used Burmese for building projects with a Thai architect and foreman.  The builders would set up camp on site and live there throughout the build.  They were much better workers than the lazy Thais and their skill levels for tiling and plastering were usually much higher.  It wasn't just about money, it was about willingness to work and skill levels.

On 1/14/2017 at 8:15 PM, Borzandy said:

These teenager were well trained by the army.

How is it you became privilege to thi information................................................................

Any yet the PRESS dosn't tell us about that......................  ??????????????????

Or is it that you just wanted to post something and couldn't think of anything fitting the 'topic;' ?????????

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

" Ms Waisin was taken to hospital with a gunshot wound of the right side of her waste."

that would be waist. "English mofo, do you speak it?"

And did you hear???????? The Thai language is soon to supercede English as the choice Language for the WORLD...............................

This week I just read on TV that the Thai PM and  and 'very' high ranking Army General Prayut has made that prediction because Thai language has 44 letters..........

Did  I hear you say 'really'?????? Since the Thai language with 44 letters apperantly doesn't have an 'r' then Thai's pronounce that ------ 'lilly' not 'really'...... Just as they pronounce ' rice '  as 'lice'........................

What do you think about the new GLOBAL 'THAI Language soon to replace the 'English' language (according to the present PM)

Did I hear you say........ 'terrific'  ??????????   That will also soon be "tellific'...................

I'm not soooooo serious about this but just some food for thought and pertinent to your post about 'English' and the probability of not needing 'English' pretty soon - at least not in the 'future World'...............................