Returning to U.K. after 11 years

9 hours ago, james24 said:

Thanks guys

Yes I have now left Asia and Latin America but am currently in Spain visiting family before the U.K. 

One thing that im looking into at the moment and would like an opinion on is Gibraltar. I know that if I work there I am eligible for the nhs but does anyone know if working there will help me get back in the system in any way when I return to the U.K.?

Just thinking it might make things a bit easier...

Gibraltar has some very distinct attractions IMHO but requires a much higher level of financial wherewithal than what one may have been used to in Thailand. If the ultimate intention is to return to the UK when considering choices, why not factor in the rental of a small studio bolthole in the UK from the off in order to eliminate this concern from the back of one's mind?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, james24 said:

One thing that im looking into at the moment and would like an opinion on is Gibraltar. I know that if I work there I am eligible for the nhs but does anyone know if working there will help me get back in the system in any way when I return to the U.K.?

British citizens returning to the UK to take up residence again are immediately entitled to NHS treatment. All you need to do is register with a GP.

So there is no need for you to live and work in Gibraltar first; unless you want to.

Thanks for the replies guys

Well, I have a place in Spain which is about 25 mins from the border. Atm the flights r so cheap back to the U.K that it kind of seems like a good option, working in Gib, living in Spain then nipping back to U.K. every couple of weeks...

On 3/5/2017 at 0:37 AM, james24 said:

Thanks guys

Yes I have now left Asia and Latin America but am currently in Spain visiting family before the U.K. 

Why are you going back ?  is it permanent ? you know what to expect back there freezing winters , expensive rip off bills , politicians that get 150,000 a year for sitting on their backsides and making crap decisions , make sure you dont tell them you have been in thailand as you will get the sarcastic remarks off brainless morons 

Edited by hottrader77
spelling
11 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

Why are you going back ?  is it permanent ? you know what to expect back there freezing winters , expensive rip off bills , politicians that get 150,000 a year for sitting on their backsides and making crap decisions , make sure you dont tell them you have been in thailand as you will get the sarcastic remarks off brainless morons 

:whistling:

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:58 PM, Rc2702 said:

Surely these internationalist chaps can adapt. Things change. Have a look in the mirror every now and then. 

Thank you for your reply . Mohammed .555

3 minutes ago, elliss said:

Thank you for your reply . Mohammed .555

Now now Major that time of the night again eh? 

Spill the beans then sir I'm all ears as usual. 

You been hanging around Big C hoping to get xray vision like our man hottrader in sainsbury's?

7 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

what you want to know ?

Hi HT77

Been giving your views a lot of thought and given the prominence of ladyboys in the UK coupled with the cold weather I had a light bulb moment. 

Do you think sainsbury are missing a trick and should be ranging 3 legged tights?

On 3/8/2017 at 1:14 PM, roo860 said:

How much is a Milky Bar in Aldi?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

milky bars cannot compare with other supermarkets as a 100g milky bar in sainsburys is 1 pound but in aldi they dont do 100g milky bars !! only milky way magic stars 100g is 99p  https://www.aldi.co.uk/milky-way-magic-stars/p/077769145476200    are you the milky bar kid ?

• 5 months later...
On 24/01/2017 at 7:44 AM, Sooo Upto Me said:

I'm from London, been here in Thailand since 2008. Only been bac UK once for 2wks. Not missed it. 

Not much has changed apart from obvious traffic worse, fares up, more immigrants. an still crap weather. 

Anyway as long as u hav ur NI number u should fit bac in no prob. Rent out a room for 3 mths contract get ur self bank acc & an easy to apply job like courier or delivery driver & u should fit bac in system no prob.

Oh & from wherever ur going bac to, visit Southend or Blackpool then u know ur be missing Thailand. ?

Good Luck.

Do t forget that nowadays a background check is the de rigeur and they use Experian to contact thai Plod to see if you behaved in the last 5 years. I wished my potential employer good luck when dealing with thai woodentops. Not sure if I got the job yet. 

Do t forget that nowadays a background check is the de rigeur and they use Experian to contact thai Plod to see if you behaved in the last 5 years. I wished my potential employer good luck when dealing with thai woodentops. Not sure if I got the job yet. 

Are you serious about the check with Thai cops? Why would a potential employer of a British citizen even contemplate trying to negotiate translations etc.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

This is entirely made up. Don't worry about it.

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Lived there for 14 years as a kid, I was glad to get out!!

Scunny what an absolute dive that place I appreciated Birmingham after venturing there. Donny is up there too as a dump as is Boston in Lincoln and stoke eergh complete shiitehole