Honest motorcycle taxi rider returns wallet containing 26,600 baht to its grateful owner

webfact

Honest motorcycle taxi rider returns wallet containing 26,600 baht to its grateful owner

5am.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- Manager online said that there were still good people in Thai society as a "win" rider in Lat Prao Soi 41 retuned a wallet containing 26,600 baht to its owner.

Rangsan Kingkaew, 45, from Sisaket said he found the wallet in the soi where he worked on Saturday morning.

He saw there was a lot of money in it but he had no intention of keeping it. Instead he called 1644 for the FM 91 radio station to help find the rightful owner.

FM 91 did the rest and 41 year old Bangkok resident and online IT trader Kriangkrai Suralertkun was soon located.

It was all smiles at the radio station yesterday as a representative of the radio station appeared with Rangsan and Kriangkrai for the official handing back of the wallet and its full contents.

Rangsan was rewarded with 1,500 baht for his honesty.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-22

I'm gob smacked, not from the act of kindness, but from the fact

that a Thai person has more than 100 baht in their wallet,

most of the locals I know have like 20 baht on them and no credit

left in their mobile phones.....

This is a great story about a good thai man! Most of them are good, but what you see is the bad. Unfortunately there are too many of them too.

However this is what we want to read about, instead of all the daily shit. Makes me want to call him to drive me every time I go Bangkok!

Yes, my experience is most Thais are honest.  I left my phone on a tuk tuk in Pattaya one time and called my phone later the driver answered.  He actually delivered it to me.  I tried to give him money and he said no. So, not all Thais are scammers like some feel.

19 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

I am sure the Revenue. department will be examining the accounts of the trader to ensure he is paying all his tax!

Why would they do that?  Do they "examine your accounts" when there's money in your wallet?

14 hours ago, allane said:

I, for one, am looking forward to the day when an honest motorcycle taxi driver is not front page news. However, Idon't expect to live to see it.

It wasn't front page news today.  It was a news report on an insignificant online news outlet and republished here.