Ayutthaya Songkran party over before it really began as eight shot

webfact

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Yeah, let's have fun, let's shoot each other, too bad if a cop goes

to my house and tells mum 'your son is dead'. 

Even worse if a cop has to go to the house of an innocent bystander and tell the parents there.

Always been my opinion with these wannabe gangsters; let them blast pieces out of each other, but let them do it in an isolated place. Save the government a fortune on jail time for the smaller number of survivors and keep the public safer.

Edited by chrisinth

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Some people do not grow up regardless of their age?  Religion, very strong here in Thailand but aside of the process of visiting temples do they truly understand the teachings?

What teachings? Do you think you will escape death because you follow the teachings of someone before you? 

7 hours ago, pentap said:

Thankfully, I did not read of any foreigners being affected by such a sad occurrence by mindless <deleted>...

Not only did they inflict injury to one another, but more importantly, they have spoilt a happy event for other Thai people and possibly tourists / ex-pats alike?

Last year, during Songkran, I saw on YouTube, the horrific attack on a an innocent British family, whereby the elderly British lady, whilst on the floor, after being punched by a male, was then kicked in the head.

In my opinion, I'll go along with the usual Thai response by saying "UP TO THEM"!

Very sad...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Lucky you for seeing it that time only! Since that sad day in Hua Hin countless others, both Thai and farangs, suffered same or worse. If you see it once a year it's too much; if you see it weekly it's soul-destroying!

Human brains in many now, have the thinking ability of a gold fish. :post-4641-1156694572:

In time, all public gatherings may be banned worldwide based on the fact humans can't think rationally and behave.

The streets may even be patrolled by Tourist Police,  bot, sex dolls just to frustrate the herd of the mentally challenged even more! :sorry:

Only a small minority that are the problem. We see and hear about such incidents often and repeatedly because of mass and social media....seems like many. That minority are indeed idiots.

imagine you were there with your kids, foaming around like my wife and kids did today and suddenly a bunch of crack heads start shooting around?

It a miracle nobody was killed , and thank God the party didn't started yet....but it shows..........guns everywhere!

be careful out there, folks!

original songkran.jpeg

Edited by hgma

12 hours ago, RigPig said:

Once again, the "status" of having a gun and lack of credible enforcement.....

What happened to all the guns the police had before they were replaced by Sig Sauer's?

The supply of automatic weapons down South?

Where are all these guns, and more importantly the ammo coming from?  A gun with no bullets is a club or a paperweight!!

Spot on mate. In a country where the police force is required to buy pretty much all their own equipment including sidearms, "allegedly" if you wish to acquire a firearm all you need to do is offer to upgrade certain officers weapons in exchange for their current weapon. Apparently ammunition may be aquired at local ranges or one of the many islands that have shooting as a tourist activity, for the right price of course. Or so I have been told ;)  

9 hours ago, jerojero said:

Only a small minority that are the problem. We see and hear about such incidents often and repeatedly because of mass and social media....seems like many. That minority are indeed idiots.

Not true!   Most cases never get reported and the media are instructed not to report most as it creates havoc with tourism and cash flow. Millions line the Sois and highways countrywide throwing water into the eyes of motorcycle operators that reach high speeds.  Some even throw urine, and motor oil and it would not surprise me if some throw rocks.  Many small villages have no Internet, nor local news. Thousands of injuries are reported, but no one knows the true numbers. I would like to know the numbers of detached retina's.  Don't believe everything you read. Keep an open mind.

9 hours ago, Kabula said:

Not true!   Most cases never get reported and the media are instructed not to report most as it creates havoc with tourism and cash flow. Millions line the Sois and highways countrywide throwing water into the eyes of motorcycle operators that reach high speeds.  Some even throw urine, and motor oil and it would not surprise me if some throw rocks.  Many small villages have no Internet, nor local news. Thousands of injuries are reported, but no one knows the true numbers. I would like to know the numbers of detached retina's.  Don't believe everything you read. Keep an open mind.

Urine? Motor oil? Rocks? A little exaggerated don't you think? 

I've never seen or heard of anybody throwing those things at Songkran. 

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:51 PM, djayz said:

Urine? Motor oil? Rocks? A little exaggerated don't you think? 

I've never seen or heard of anybody throwing those things at Songkran. 

I guess you don't follow news.  I didn't say they threw rocks.  It would not surprise me.  Children throw rocks.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=urine+motor+oil+thrown+in+thailand&fr=ymyy-t-999&fr2=p%3Amy%2Cm%3Asb

3 hours ago, Kabula said:

I guess you don't follow news.  I didn't say they threw rocks.  It would not surprise me.  Children throw rocks.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=urine+motor+oil+thrown+in+thailand&fr=ymyy-t-999&fr2=p%3Amy%2Cm%3Asb

I follow the news alright, but only from reputable news resorces such as aljazeera, The Irish Times, the BBC and occasionally the odd article on TV. I would never read, let alone believe or quote, "news" sites like yahoo or asia jack.

As you wrote yourself, "don't believe everything you read", esp. not on tje internet. 

Amen

?

2 hours ago, djayz said:

I follow the news alright, but only from reputable news resorces such as aljazeera, The Irish Times, the BBC and occasionally the odd article on TV. I would never read, let alone believe or quote, "news" sites like yahoo or asia jack.

As you wrote yourself, "don't believe everything you read", esp. not on tje internet. 

Amen

?

2 hours ago, djayz said:

Amen

?

The news and photos were on most worldwide television, and all media in Thailand. If you did a simple search on the Internet you would not have appear to be a Troll and look foolish. The sources you mentioned are controlled by the elite and the bankers!

1 hour ago, Kabula said:

The news and photos were on most worldwide television, and all media in Thailand. If you did a simple search on the Internet you would not have appear to be a Troll and look foolish. The sources you mentioned are controlled by the elite and the bankers!

Chill Kabula. 1) I most certainly amn't trolling and 2) who relies on and quotes unknown "news" sorces like asia jack and yahoo for his "news"? Certainly not me. Please give me one example of a RELIABLE worldwide news outlet which reported that urine, motor oil and rocks (a projectile YOU threw into the mix) were thrown. 

Not only have you relied on nonsense posted on unknown and unreliable sites, BUT you have also added to the nonsense by adding that they throw rocks. 

I'll wait for your link to a RELIABLE, worldwide news sorce reporting that urine, motor oil and "it wouldn't surprise you if they threw rocks too" were thrown.