‘Reckless’ Songkran revellers get suspended jail terms

rooster59

21 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

It has happened and it was a foreigner who put an acid mix in a water gun many years ago in Pattaya. He was caught by the police but no idea what happened to him

Soaking his meat and 2 veg in his own mixture would have been apt.

5 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I wonder which year it will be when some songkran mindless thugs start throwing acid on people? It`s going to happen, not if but when.

It happened a few years ago in Pattaya by some English guys they were caught but then no further news as to the outcome 

read on social media that these guys would do the same every year.

They would prepare the worst liquids containing crude oil, poop and well whatever that is worse.

Becos of a social media facebook pickup on complains from residents in Chonburi then did the Police finally took action.

The offenders would take pictures of their horrible disgusting liquids in the bag and post it on their facebooks then decide where they would go n throw it on vehicles and other pedestrians.

When they were outed on social media, this group was unrepentant saying its all in the spirit of Songkran and they had done this every year.

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Sorry, but you can't blame this behaviour on the west. 

Yes he can, we actually perverted the Songkran in the Seventies by turning it into what it is today, I have many visions experiences etc etc of Americans standing by the side of the road throwing water at passers by, motorcyclists, and using water guns......I happily contributed, but this was Pattaya, don't know about Bangkok   but we never threw ice, or dirty water at anyone I can emember.

9 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I wonder which year it will be when some songkran mindless thugs start throwing acid on people? It`s going to happen, not if but when.

And when they get tired of ice-cold water, they'll fill their drums with boiling water...

53 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Yes he can, we actually perverted the Songkran in the Seventies by turning it into what it is today, I have many visions experiences etc etc of Americans standing by the side of the road throwing water at passers by, motorcyclists, and using water guns......I happily contributed, but this was Pattaya, don't know about Bangkok   but we never threw ice, or dirty water at anyone I can emember.

No he can't. 

Songkran is what it is, because the Thais have made it what it is. 

Just look at TAT's tourism promotion around it. 

As to cooking oil and fish sauce, that's on these morons, not the west. 

Edited by Bluespunk

12 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

5,000 Baht fine.

That'll teach them. NOT.

It's 2 weeks salary here , I think they do not like that fine at all . Maybe their parents have to pay .