Tougher enforcement and safety measures 'cut road fatalities'

webfact

13 hours ago, Redline said:

Just enforce the laws 365 days, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.  How complex is this, really?  They keep circling around it.  Obviously, the police have more power than the army.

no at  the back of  all of this its  the  Thai people who control it, the Army knows if  they enforce too  much there will be an uprising, look at the pick up law attempt at enforcement.

In an uprising the  army  will lose everything and when I say army I  really mean the people with the money

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Ahead of the Songkran Festival, authorities warned travellers against sitting in the beds of pickups and passengers in rear seats were told to wear seat belts. 

“Such safety precautions lowered the number of deaths,” Grisada said. 

Clearly warnings are the reason 'for less' people dying ? Kudos to Grisada

Clearly it is easier to manipulate the statistics than make a difference.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:56 AM, webfact said:

Grisada Boonrach, deputy chairman of the Road Safety Directing Centre, attributed the lower death toll to stricter enforcement of traffic laws and safety measures. 

“Such safety precautions lowered the number of deaths,” Grisada said. 

B_____CKS!!!

Edited by Jonmarleesco

10 hours ago, kannot said:

no at  the back of  all of this its  the  Thai people who control it, the Army knows if  they enforce too  much there will be an uprising, look at the pick up law attempt at enforcement.

In an uprising the  army  will lose everything and when I say army I  really mean the people with the money

Yes, I guess it is better for them to look the other way on these things, so they can keep soaking everyone.  I never really thought of it that way, but it's logical.