Where's the best/favourite breakfast in Bangkok?

Razzler1973

Feels like it's been a while since I have seen this one :ph34r:

Good or favourite places for breakfast. Probably not the 4000 baht Oriental Hotel for scrambled eggs ;) Let's assume those super super expensive places are the 'best'.

Any good choice breakfast buffets of note out there too, prices, I dunno, few hundred baht upwards to 1000 is a decent range?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plaza Athenee buffet breakfast is under a 1,000 baht i believe and is renowned in breakfast circles to be one of the better buffets. The pictures of the Eggs Benedict and crispy bacon on their hoarding certainly makes my tummy rumble on the way to the office.

2 hours ago, remobb said:

My home,

My home serves up (in no particular order) 2 chopped garlic cloves, a nam soda with a teaspoon each of turmeric and ginger, a glass of coconut water, a bowl of mango and paw paw with 3 squirts of coconut oil, a tablespoon of linseed/chia and two tablespoons of Makro's plain yogurt.

This is probably why I don't go home much..

If it isn't thai  and not in a western hotel good luck finding a winner  there for breakfast I been Bkk long time and still looking for a nice funky breakfast bar to have  good breaky? 

Maybe I will have to open my own always been a idea  

A brunch bistro doing a modern take on classic breakfast fair 

I guess where you think is a good breakfast depends on the type of "eater" you are. There are only two (2) types; those who live to eat and those who eat to live. I am happy for a quick protein bacon and eggs at Took Lae Dee, Foodland, Sukhumvit Soi16, BKK

3 hours ago, mekongsailor said:

Busstop Sukh. Soi 4 (nana) 125 THB. 2Eggs, Toast, Baked beans etc etc....

As a Mexican, I think it's hilarious Brits eat frijoles.  Not even South Americans eat beans (they don't like them--too Mexican???). ?

59 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

As a Mexican, I think it's hilarious Brits eat frijoles.  Not even South Americans eat beans (they don't like them--too Mexican???). ?

The baked beans are not even fried and not pinto beans either, many just open the can of baked beans and pour it on your plate--yeuck.

The Germans offer a better breakfasts than the English, I believe. The breads are better, nice home fried potatoes and good hunks of ham bacon, or porkchop and good coffee; none of that mouse-piss they call tea.  I prefer an American breakfast, with buttermilk biscuits (scones to some), sausage gravy, bacon, fried potatoes, eggs and coffee. Bourbon Street soi 63, Ekamai offers a good American breakfast; but so does The Tavern, soi 4 just down from Nana Plaza. 

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Frijoles charros on toast is a favourite of Queen Elizabeth as well as being a national staple.

4 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Brits eat baked beans my friend, in tomato sauce. Not re-fried mush or whatever. 

And we eat them in many different ways!