Twenty billion baht tram projects set to transform Pattaya!

webfact

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DLang said:

The actual cost is 5 million. 

are you really trying to imply the cost of building a tram is the same cost as a house, condo, or the less the price of 1 Mercedes Benz????

Edited by speckio
brain fart

2 minutes ago, wvavin said:

I don't remember this regime ever bring in money for the country but keep spending like no tomorrow.

And all without making or breaking election promises. Truly amazing!!!.

has a tram load of gravy train freebie officials been on an overseas jaunt (fact-finding mission), to:

Melbourne, Ballarat or Adelaide yet??

I didn't mention 'Frisco as there' no hills in the plan

did you hear of the recent Melbourne Tram accident? - it and a Truck smashed together, and both claimed to have a green light

Edited by tifino

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Not being from Britain, what's a tram? 

Ever been to Asiatique in BKK? Have you seen that thing on tracks that take you from near the boat pier to near the roadside? That thing is a tram.

well i  for one like the baht buses, never have to wait very long, jump on and off when you like, can't see this happening with a tram system, might have to walk half a mile between the stops.

38 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I think it's a great idea, I hope it will be realized.

I hope it will be the elevated type, something like the sky train in Bangkok.

Sentosa island off Singapore have a nice tram train, or mono rail or whatever you wanna call it.

Um, I'll call it a monorail as that's what it is. A tram and a monorail are completely different. Kind of like calling a truck a bus.

3 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I think it is a great  but while they are building,

Absolute chaos for traffic for 5 years & after when they are running absolute traffic chaos forever.

Most countries are trying to get trams off their roads

Execpt for some geniuses in Oz who have decided that they are going to construct trams throughout the main street in the CBD of Sydney and surrounding suburbs.

Edited by bbi1

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Image result for Tram pictures

OR..............

Image result for Tram pictures

Depending how much money gets side tracked........pun intended.....:smile:

Thanks to everyone who told me what a tram was. I am sure it seemed an odd question. What I should have said is what specifically do they mean when they say tram because I could imagine all sorts of machinery that might be called a tram. Some requiring very little infrastructure and some, like a suspended rail system needing a lot.

Anyhow, if they need tracks, then its never going to happen. I  don't know why they don't just buy a bunch of proper buses and run them around the loop.

It would reduce the cost tremendously and give the same result. Probably even more convenient. 

Edited by canuckamuck

I'm glad their terrible elevated tram idea was rejected. I got to say, I don't hold much faith in their ability to make a good job of this. Either way, you can bet the tram price hikes will be constant, like every year, unlike the consistent Baht Bus price, which has remained low for over a decade. No way will it cost 10 baht a ride, especially factoring in the  20 Billion construction costs that'll need to be paid off. On this occasion, I'm firmly on the baht bus mafia's side in not wanting it. You can keep progress.

20 Billion,  Wow, 20 billion reasons why they should get rid of all these blood suckers in Pattaya and Thailand. The saying they need to drain the swamp of these good old boys networks.

Sometime I think I care and have more love for Thai people than they themselves. There is 20 billion things they could do throughout the area than this dumb project. I rather they just leave things along the suggested route  rather than waste the money. For one, Kids can't even get a decent education many can't even afford the tuition,uniforms or hire decent teachers,. 2nd, the need for better local hospitals, physician and nurses., it goes on yet they seem to have money pouring out of their pores.  I guess this is all coming because the PM, wants or already has increase the VAT, let alone the dozens or so toll plaza being built in Chon Buri.

The revenue they bring in don't seem to be spent serving the Thai in general instead they get crumbs while the selected few stuff their pockets. It is a real shame!

Edited by thailand49

9 hours ago, sungod said:

Who will park their vehicles across the tracks

If i remember rightly don't trams stop some way from the kerb allowing passengers to get on or off, and the rest of the traffic is required to stop to allow passengers to make their way to or from the pavement/sidewalk safely, i can hardly see that happening here, can you?

This would be good if they banned those frickin buses, and even cars from the red loop. Just allow the trams+motorbikes unless you have a disabled sticker or drive children to school somewhere on the line

No more traffic problems.
1/10th of the pollution
Could extend beach road and 2nd road walkways to make them wider, a much needed change. having 4 lanes there is ridiculous anyway, the corner at walking street is a choke point that means 4 lanes have ZERO effect on traffic flow other than to cause more delays when they re-merge.

I cant think of any drawbacks besides abuse of permits and access issues for certain individuals, which could be worked out hopefully

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Any sort of public transportation is a good thing. It can become the lifeline of a city. Pattaya desperately needs an alternative to the baht buses. The congestion there is intense, at times. But, a plan like this requires visions and fortitude. Will it happen? One can only hope.

The baht buses work great...

How about a tram to deep into the dark side..That my friend

would actually be useful....

Beach and 2nd road are the last place that need trams...