"My Mate Nate" under investigation - police want to know is he working legally and paying taxes

rooster59

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Let him stay I say, he speaks thai better than any farang I have met.

You should get out more. Plenty of foreigners speak as well as or better than this.

They just don't make complete plonkers out of themselves on Youtube.  

36 minutes ago, saakura said:

Maybe this is one more of Nate's videos where a live donkey is pushed into a tiger enclosure

That was an unspeakable act. And the Chinese wonder why they are fast becoming the most hated nation on earth. My Mate Nate is just laughing all the way to the bank, for now, but he'll get his just desserts before long.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I can't get too excited about the animal cruelty thing as CATS were involved.

:sorry:

As Terry Pratchett said: " In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this". Doesn't give this little grunt the right to abuse them. Put him on the next plane out or, even better, throw him in jail for 3 months and then deport.

Well, IMHO, Nate could be in a whole lot of hot water.  I'm sure he doesn't have a WP for his online video work, (he'd need a Thai company, 4 Thai employees etc).  Plus he's getting income which can fairly accurately be calculated by the number of views of his large number of Youtube videos.  Plus his sale of baseball caps etc etc blah blah blah.

That's a lot of tax to pay.

I'd say he is <deleted>.

Edited by metisdead
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

3 hours ago, chickenrunCM said:

He is not violating the Thai labour law! He gets is income from a company outside Thailand, nothing to do with Thai labour law.

Only if he would generate his income from a company in Thailand, then he would may be fall under the law. Otherwise anybody who get rental income while in thailand or license tantiems would breaking the law also.

You truly are clueless about the law here aren't you !

1 hour ago, Denim said:

You should get out more. Plenty of foreigners speak as well as or better than this.

They just don't make complete plonkers out of themselves on Youtube.  

Suffer fools gladly for where would you be if every fool you know would not speak to you.

1 hour ago, Prbkk said:

That was an unspeakable act. And the Chinese wonder why they are fast becoming the most hated nation on earth. My Mate Nate is just laughing all the way to the bank, for now, but he'll get his just desserts before long.

I'm an anti-fan of Chinese zoos, but this one deserves a little explanation.  Some disgruntled zoo investors were stealing the donkey from inside the zoo to sell and recoup some of their losses.  Security stopped them, and rather than put the donkey back where they found it, they dumped it into the tiger cage to "at least save on food".

Not that a normal day is much better since zoo patrons can buy live chickens to throw to the cats...  (Edit:  And keep in mind, donkey is a very desirable meat there in China.  Hate to admit it, but it's one of my favorites when properly prepared.  Way too expensive to feed to the tigers.)

http://www.atimes.com/chinas-yancheng-zoo-no-stranger-gore-involving-big-cats/

BTW, Anyone thinking Nate's being cruel should walk through the Khlong Toei market like I did yesterday.  They outdo him 10,000 times a day.  365 days a year.

Edited by impulse

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm an anti-fan of Chinese zoos, but this one deserves a little explanation.  Some disgruntled zoo investors were stealing the donkey from inside the zoo to sell and recoup some of their losses.  Security stopped them, and rather than put the donkey back where they found it, they dumped it into the tiger cage to "at least save on food".

Not that a normal day is much better since zoo patrons can buy live chickens to throw to the cats...

http://www.atimes.com/chinas-yancheng-zoo-no-stranger-gore-involving-big-cats/

BTW, Anyone thinking Nate's being cruel should walk through the Khlong Toei market like I did yesterday.  They outdo him 10,000 times a day.  365 days a year.

Perhaps  so.  But  are  they  laughing  about  it   on an international   social  media platform ?

Just now, Dumbastheycome said:

Perhaps  so.  But  are  they  laughing  about  it   on an international   social  media platform ?

You think the critters care?  They're not politically correct.  They just suffer.

It's easy:

1) Send someone to his house

2) Cuff him, put him in a police truck

3) Drive him to Suvarnabhumi

4) Put him in a plane bound for the USA

5) Take the handcuffs off, and say goodbye

I'm surprised that nobody thought of this plan before.

Edited by SiamBeast

The fact that the authorities want to know if he is working legally and paying taxes should be a dire warning to the many digital nomads in Thailand.

If you upset 'someone', then your online work and revenues can easily be challenged by the Thai authorities as working illegally and not paying taxes.

It's just the same as the visa regulations and interpretation.  The rules are whatever the local immigration officer decides, not what the immigration officer in the next province decided.

4 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

It's easy:

1) Send someone to his house

2) Cuff him, put him in a police truck

3) Drive him to Suvarnabhumi

4) Put him in a plane bound for the USA

5) Take the handcuffs off, and say goodbye

I'm surprised that nobody thought of this plan before.

Great, no due process, can bundle and deport a non descript like your good self at the same time.

12 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Is   Nutless Nate  politically  immune  then?  Or   just   dog  tucker?

You want to call the guy on his actions or behavior?  Fine.  I'm not a fan, either.

But you're not helping make anybody's case with 3rd grade name calling.

Just now, Tilacme said:

Great, no due process, can bundle and deport a non descript like your good self at the same time.

Under normal circumstances there would be widespread agreement with your view. However, this guy is a serial offender: obnoxious, cruel, culturally insensitive, arrogant. And a complete PRICK into the bargain.

But it's not only not liking the cut of his jib....his childish and pathetic antics must not be tolerated. 

Just now, impulse said:

You want to call the guy on his actions or behavior?  Fine.  I'm not a fan, either.

But you're not helping make anybody's case with 3rd grade name calling.

Fair  comment. Except that  this  individual has  repeatedly  exceeded  norms  for whatever  gratification.

Overdue   for   enough  is  enough.

1 minute ago, Prbkk said:

Under normal circumstances there would be widespread agreement with your view. However, this guy is a serial offender: obnoxious, cruel, culturally insensitive, arrogant. And a complete PRICK into the bargain.

But it's not only not liking the cut of his jib....his childish and pathetic antics must not be tolerated. 

Okay Prbkk, as its you I will shut up.

His big mistake is that he is drawing far too much attention to himself.

He may be here on an education visa or something, I have no idea, but I know many foreigners who are here on education visas and doing full time and part time jobs. They keep a low profile and some of them have a really good income.

As for animal cruelty... have any of you been to a snake farm? One of the biggest "attractions" there is the fight between a mongoose and a cobra.

1 hour ago, Prbkk said:

As usual, you are being far too polite. 

The fact that the authorities want to know if he is working legally and paying taxes should be a dire warning to the many digital nomads in Thailand.

If you upset 'someone', then your online work and revenues can easily be challenged by the Thai authorities as working illegally and not paying taxes.

It's just the same as the visa regulations and interpretation.  The rules are whatever the local immigration officer decides, not what the immigration officer in the next province decided.

Yeah but the good and long standing advice here is keep under the radar.

My Dude Nate is kind of running his own radar generating station. In Thai.

Scrutiny was probably inevitable.