"Waterfront" condo purchasers in Pattaya could see some developments later this month

webfact

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, CRUNCHER said:

In the meantime the shell will remain, perhaps for 20 years.

Why only 20 years?

The big ghost building in Bkk has been there at least that long. Sathorn Unique has been there since construction was abandoned in 1997. It is apparently not going to fall down anytime soon.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2018 at 7:32 AM, pattayadude said:

I doubt anything that is said or posted here  makes a difference or puts a dent on the process.

and I doubt that there is much left, if any that was unsaid or not covered on this complex project and its secrets since there is no public announcement made by the City Hall or no honest revelations by the builder.

I believe we all are barking at the moon.

I 'd like to share a few final thoughts before I sign off.

there are just way too many unknowns, to many unanswered questions to make sense of it all.

I didn't get  answers to half of my questions even from the ones who were supposed to know a little more than the rest as they simply don't know the truth or are afraid of libel laws. The law firms that charge hundreds of thousands to file claims know even less than their clients or don't reveal much what they know for unknown reasons as It's not very unusual to secretly represent both sides(!)

I suspect this project and all the evidence will slowly be sucked  into a dark hole just for the protection of a few, while many profited and while many lost, no one will know the truth at the end!

In a perfect world, there shouldn't be wars, politicians should serve for their people and their country, not for bribes, the police should protect and serve you instead of planting evidence on you, judges should be unbiased and not politicized, governments should be transparent and not secretive but unfortunately this world is just too far from perfect.

And neither was this process!... from the beginning to the bitter end...

So how much did you lose?

On 23/1/2561 at 4:39 AM, champa said:

In Thailand, Pattaya city do not check any construction if there is not complaint. 

For a house, small commercial building or village, there is the developer responsibility to check the construction. There is a regulation, every construction should has its own civil engineer who has license  for Professional Practice. The professional engineer inspectes the construction. The professional engineer will sign on construction permit and the blueprint. 

Once you get the construction permit for small building, it is your responsibility to build base on blueprint. Pattaya city will keep the blueprint to check the building if someone complain the building.

Basically the construction permit has the period. Some project does not finish in the period. The developer has to renewal the permit. In this case, Pattaya city will inspect the construction. Former mayer claimed that the developer requested the construction permit renewal then Pattaya city inspected the construction and found that the developer violenced  the construction code. The mayor order the suspension of the construction.

In case of public building such as entertainment venue, hotel, condominium, school ,department store, shopping plaza, cinema or theater. Pattaya city will issue the building opening certificate. Pattaya city must inspect the finished building for certificate issurance.

The professional engineer and Pattaya city will take the responsibility of the public building. For example, in case of fire, if someone dead because of unstandard of fire exit. The professional engineer and Pattaya city are both guilties. 

The attached pictures is the document from the investigating report. It is only Pattaya city clarification part on the meeting of november 2015.

In brief, 

1. Land title deed. Pattaya city has no duty to investigate on this issue. It is Department of Lands to inspect the land title deeds. 

2. EIA, Pattaya city has no duty on EIA approval process, Pattaya city is only a one part of the board of eia. 

3. The street on the beach side. Pattaya city clarified the street was on the pier project. 

4. 100 M from msl. Pattaya city confirmed that they had inspected and found the building is not in the 100 M from msl.

5. The renewal of construction permit on 2012. Pattaya city clarified that they had inspected the construction site and found that footing had been done. Then Pattaya city had issued the renewal of construction permit. 

6. The construction inspection in case of the encroachment. Pattaya city clarified that referred to the acts. The developer should has the construction supervisor. Waterfront project, there were 5 construction supervisors. The construction site has fences. Looking from outside would not know what happen inside, doing right or wrong. After the complaints, Pattaya city inspected and found the construction of pole, elevators and fire exits was adapted, not match the permitted construction plan. ( This information was different from the mayor announcement on Aug 2014. At the mayor announcement, he said the inspection was before July 2014 and the suspension was ordered on July 2014)  

7. The adaption of the building and the increasing of the number of room. The information based on the updated of EIA showed the reduce of number of room. Pattaya city did not found any fact that the project has hotel. 

8. The nominee issue. Pattaya city has no duty on this issue. It is the duty of department of business development.  

image.png.014916b51389e33b9803b9e63973fd45.png

image.png.c36d3c6225cefc42329c095948729835.png

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32image.png.356278296cfdb7f9cb8644819fec7e97.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

Edited by champa
  • Like 1

image.png.de1a8153b1ba6b46332fff4b37182705.png

The permitted construction which was permitted on September 2008 (2551), expiry date on September 2010. The detail on the document is permit for construction 1 building with 53 stories and 3 underground floors,  315 rooms and 144 car parking. The total space of the building is 38,503 sqm.  

In my understanding, the number of room is the condition on the permission included with the number of car parking and the total space of the building.  

On 24/01/2018 at 1:40 PM, champa said:

In my understanding, the 5000 sqm should be divded by 50 floors. This means 100 sqm for each floor. It should be 10*10 meters floor by floor. 

The city planning acts spec the floor area ratio and the empty space ratio. I saw the EIA. The original design of the building is on the maximum floor area ratio. Not sure about empty space ratio. If the building is larger than the original design it might be cut out somewhere. Ont on the hieght but perhaps the wiedth. 

5,000sqm is the ground area, measuring it on google earth looks roughly 130 x 35m  that includes the completed Waterfront building to the right of the main construction site.

was there not an issue of encroachment onto public land???

9 minutes ago, Basil B said:

5,000sqm is the ground area, measuring it on google earth looks roughly 130 x 35m  that includes the completed Waterfront building to the right of the main construction site.

Well that's common practice around there.

1 hour ago, champa said:

image.png.de1a8153b1ba6b46332fff4b37182705.png

The permitted construction which was permitted on September 2008 (2551), expiry date on September 2010. The detail on the document is permit for construction 1 building with 53 stories and 3 underground floors,  315 rooms and 144 car parking. The total space of the building is 38,503 sqm.  

In my understanding, the number of room is the condition on the permission included with the number of car parking and the total space of the building.  

38,503sqm that about 122.2sqm per room, take away about 20% for communal areas, that about 100sqm a room. 

When they quote 315 rooms do they mean apartments or is that rooms? does that include service rooms like janitorial, power distribution, lift service, and other utility rooms? not for getting if every room was a studio they would still have a bathroom... 

14 minutes ago, Basil B said:

image.png.797e5de92941b1960ad194118f757668.pngThe information on the EIA report. Page no. 1-1. The total ground area is 2-1-63.4 rai ( 3,853.6 sqm). The total of building area is 38,516 sqm. 

image.thumb.png.c788e1df0b80d123b5dcef648a87835b.png

Page no 2-17. The information about ground area usages. The total space of 3,856 sqm. divided to building coverage at 1,462 sqm., parking and street at 1,602.6 sqm. and green area at 789 sqm.  Floor area ratio, the regulation is  not more than 10:1, the project ground area is 3,853.6 sqm. and the building floor area is 38,516 sqm. the far is 9.99:1. 

26 minutes ago, Basil B said:

38,503sqm that about 122.2sqm per room, take away about 20% for communal areas, that about 100sqm a room. 

When they quote 315 rooms do they mean apartments or is that rooms? does that include service rooms like janitorial, power distribution, lift service, and other utility rooms? not for getting if every room was a studio they would still have a bathroom... 

315 rooms are the number of residence rooms. There are the floor plans of each plan in the EIA report. The picture is original elevation plan. There are some loft studios on the D type rooms.    

image.png

• 2 months later...

what's the latest?

I think neither citizens of Pattaya nor the "authorities" who "pretend to run" the city want this unfinished concrete ghost to occupy its skylines another 5 -10 years while the case is  dragged through the courts and I seriously doubt that either of the two has  a vested interest in doing so.

So why is this moving at a snail pace!!

I wonder if these are the same "authorities"  who took 7 years thinking and still haven't come up with a decision on the appropriate sand to use to combat erosion of(and now mostly eroded) Pattaya beach!

aa.PNG

Edited by pattayadude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, pattayadude said:

I think neither citizens of Pattaya nor the "authorities" who "pretend to run" the city want this unfinished concrete ghost to occupy its skylines another 5 -10 years while the case is  dragged through the courts and I seriously doubt that either of the two has  a vested interest in doing so.

Sure about that? Several ghost buildings were in Bkk for many years after the economic crash and a very large one is still unfinished. There was also one in Pattaya with a crane on it at the north end of Beach Rd for a very long time. Finished now though.

I doubt they care as long as the tour buses keep coming.

On 4/15/2018 at 9:35 AM, pattayadude said:

what's the latest?

So why is this moving at a snail pace!!

I wonder if these are the same "authorities"  who took 7 years thinking and still haven't come up with a decision on the appropriate sand to use to combat erosion of(and now mostly eroded) Pattaya beach!

aa.PNG

i thought you said you were not going to post on this subject any more ?:giggle:

On 4/18/2018 at 10:59 PM, midas said:

i thought you said you were not going to post on this subject any more ?:giggle:

you must be following me and this subject very religiously to remember something like that and I wonder why!.

I appreciate your interest anyhow :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

Way back at the beginning of the stoppage, I remember something mentioned about the EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment or something like that) was a rush job and being challenged as improperly done.

I also remember some hub bub about the set-back from the shoreline was improper. And that depended upon which shoreline the authorities were using. That is, the original natural coastline or the coastline made further out by artificial fill.

Does anyone remember these two objections and if they were ever cleared up?

On 20/04/2018 at 6:29 AM, pattayadude said:

you must be following me and this subject very religiously to remember something like that and I wonder why!.

I appreciate your interest anyhow :giggle:

It doesn't explain why you are still posting on the subject when you stated that you would not.

Doesn't integrity matter any more?

It might be viewed differently if you had uncovered important information and you wanted to share. But....

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2018 at 2:20 PM, KneeDeep said:

It doesn't explain why you are still posting on the subject when you stated that you would not.

Doesn't integrity matter any more?

It might be viewed differently if you had uncovered important information and you wanted to share. But....

integrity or your opinion on this doesn't matter.

I am back. unfair? fire your keyboard then, warrior...

if i had important info, i would post but IMO even people claim to know about this project , don't know jack.

This project and many others launched and permits were obtained/given illegally during a "Wild West" period when "you could get away with murder" and these practices were not seen "illegal" but things changed after the coup and authorities decided to get to the bottom of crime and violations in the city.

i bet  90% of buildings that were built during the last 20 years have some sort of major code violation, illegality  and encroachment  as we are witnessing more and more tear-downs and partial demolitions lately.

Your opinion on whether I post or not and the rest of the story are just details dude!

Edited by pattayadude
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pattayadude said:

integrity or your opinion on this doesn't matter.

I am back. unfair? fire your keyboard then, warrior...

if i had important info, i would post but IMO even people claim to know about this project , don't know jack.

This project and many others launched and permits were obtained/given illegally during a "Wild West" period when "you could get away with murder" and these practices were not seen "illegal" but things changed after the coup and authorities decided to get to the bottom of crime and violations in the city.

i bet  90% of buildings that were built during the last 20 years have some sort of major code violation, illegality  and encroachment  as we are witnessing more and more tear-downs and partial demolitions lately.

Your opinion on whether I post or not and the rest of the story are just details dude!

It appears that you have an undeclared vested interest.

Bumping a thread when you have no new info to add.

On 5/2/2018 at 7:56 PM, KneeDeep said:

It appears that you have an undeclared vested interest.

Bumping a thread when you have no new info to add.

Relax dude. That city of Pattaya i assume where you are at now is making you too tense.

You need to get out of that LOS(land of sulks) every once in a while.

it appears that you are trying to control who can post and what can be posted here LOL

I, on the other hand , at least bring on some points of discussion from time to time.

Maybe good or maybe not so good points.

you offer nothing here, zero, zilch.

And why are you so interested in knowing if I have vested or any sort of interest or not and what difference would that make.

this is a dead and deteriorating condo project with no resolution in the the near future or in the next 5-10 years.It is nothing but an eyesore at this point during my stays in (also deteriorating) city of Pattaya which are getting shorter each year , thanks to  great destinations such as breezy Varadero, Cuba where I am sipping my fuzzy drinks with a salsa beat in the background and indigo-blue crystal clear waters and sugary white sands on the foreground.

• Like 1

^^

What has any of the above to do with "Waterfront" condo purchasers in Pattaya could see some developments later this month"??

Seriously pattayadude, if you are doing as well as you are trying to make out and "mingling with people", why are you so often on this thread? A thread on which you vowed to not post again.

Methinks you are lonely. No real friends it seems.

No need to mention some of the pleasant places in which we stay here, as this thread is to do with "Waterfront" condo purchasers in Pattaya could see some developments later this month".

On 29/04/2018 at 10:42 PM, fire2rescue99 said:

I also remember some hub bub about the set-back from the shoreline was improper. And that depended upon which shoreline the authorities were using.

There is a precedence for that. it is VT7,  but I do not know how big the brown envelopes were....

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

There is a precedence for that. it is VT7,  but I do not know how big the brown envelopes were....

Brown envelopes could never get around the requirement to demolish 5000 m² of floor space as well as the encroachment on public land