Video: "Incompetent" western tourist on a motorbike banged to rights after trying to mount a CRV

rooster59

10 hours ago, marqus12 said:

I traveled all over Thailand on a motorcycle.

I often do a visa run Phuket Ranong on my motorbike.
I was even in a month trip on a motorbike phuket - siem reap-phuket .. with my girlfriend and 3 year old son.

Everything is for people ... motorbike in thailand too .. just be careful

You, girlfriend and son. 2 motorbikes are needed for that.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

What I can see is that he first does a runner, then seemingly change his mind and return, and think he can remove the car damage with a hand wipe.

Hope they made the idiot pay

According to the OP...

On 7/29/2017 at 5:08 AM, rooster59 said:

The CRV was owned by the boss of a motorbike rental shop and he soon found out that the tourist had rented the bike from a rival firm and they were able to get to meet the tourist.

Everything was sorted out with money paid for the damage and loss of time of the CRV being off the road.

On 7/29/2017 at 11:55 AM, just.a.thought said:

Just asking.......do they require a drives license for motorbike before they will let you rent one. I know it's the law,but do they?

They do require yes but of curse 99% of them don't. This should be obvious lol

On 7/29/2017 at 9:53 AM, spidermike007 said:

No. That is the total. The local Thais drive like absolute madmen. And that is only Samui. Does not include Phangan, Dark Tao, or Phuket. Samui is notorious. 

I rented a motorbike on Samui last year , brought it back after one day because i was to scared with all these idiots local drivers.

When i was talking to a restaurant owner there , he confirmed the story of 50-60 deaths per month.

4 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

I rented a motorbike on Samui last year , brought it back after one day because i was to scared with all these idiots local drivers.

When i was talking to a restaurant owner there , he confirmed the story of 50-60 deaths per month.

It is an astonishing number of deaths, for a small island. It is only about 20 x 25 km, and is 54 km around the ring road. But, the mayhem that ensues on those roads is shameful, astonishing, and something that one can only believe and comprehend after spending some time there. I lived there for many years, and witnessed it first hand. I saw an awful lot of corpses, and every time I went to the local hospital for anything, I was alot of really banged up people, from bike accidents. The authorities absolutely refuse to do anything, as does the general and the army. Nothing.

On 29-7-2017 at 3:41 PM, sambum said:

"What really should happen is that if you can show a (valid) driverslicense, the motorbike should be seized by them."

Not being pedantic, but don't you mean can't?

yep

On 7/29/2017 at 2:23 AM, helloagain said:

Make him pay then big fine or 3 months jail

500bt for a knife attack big fine and 3 months for an accident in which a car gets scratched

Do you really hate farangs that much or is it 10x on everything?

holidays in hell then

On 7/29/2017 at 6:33 AM, just.a.thought said:

but do the rental companies rent out bikes without checking the drivers license?

Do apples grow on trees or water run down hills

Most are more interested in passports which are illegal to hold and belong to the country that issued them and not the person carrying it even though it has their name in it.

20 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Do apples grow on trees or water run down hills

Most are more interested in passports which are illegal to hold and belong to the country that issued them and not the person carrying it even though it has their name in it.

Inappropriate questions, really - maybe the old "pigs flying" question would have been  more suitable!

Edited by sambum