Have spoke to a girl online for 3 months

Natgun

I went and. Met her last week she paid 50/50 for airfares and wouldn't let me pay for anything while I was there 

However I did pay for the night when we went out and had a couple of beers with her sister and brother in law 

she said she wouldn't stay the night with me because her mother would be mad if she was away ( don't understand as she doesn't live with her) 

i know there are some odd things that happen in Thailand I just want some advice 

may this turn out bad later on? 

I am 27 and she is 23

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Natgun said:

may this turn out bad later on? 

Any relationship can turn out bad later on - but can also turn out well. Sometimes you just have to trust your own instincts.

I'm guessing not many guys had their gf pay half their airfare. You can be sure that some of the bitter and cynical members here will recognize this as a scam.

BTW, someone will be along soon to move your topic out of the Ladies forum. It's a forum FOR ladies, not ABOUT ladies.

As stated already....anything can turn bad later on......after one week, month, year or 20 years. So why not just live life as it comes, enjoy the "now" and let the future take care of itself. It's really a short life we have here so better to stop looking for things that can or might go wrong and that may never happen.....instead, enjoy the things that are going right and good in your life.

PS. You are young so chances are there will be many more young ladies in your life before considering which is the right one for you.

OP she maybe more conservative and that is why she didnt spend the night. She maybe was to shy to tell you this. From what I read you may have a good lady in your sights. Just take it calm and step by step. She will let you know when she is right to take the step. 

You expected her to sleep with you a few hours after meeting her accompanied by  chaperones?

Going to a brothel would work out cheaper in the long run.

However her excuse for not doing so seems suspicious, she's done this before.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

As stated already....anything can turn bad later on......after one week, month, year or 20 years. So why not just live life as it comes, enjoy the "now" and let the future take care of itself. It's really a short life we have here so better to stop looking for things that can or might go wrong and that may never happen.....instead, enjoy the things that are going right and good in your life.

PS. You are young so chances are there will be many more young ladies in your life before considering which is the right one for you.

Very , very true words 

31 minutes ago, cooked said:

You expected her to sleep with you a few hours after meeting her accompanied by  chaperones?

Going to a brothel would work out cheaper in the long run.

However her excuse for not doing so seems suspicious, she's done this before.

I agree,

the fact that she wasnt so 'easy' is better isnt it. why do you expect to get her on the 1st night?

Two good signs, she paid half of airfare and would not sleep with you. That would most likely be the reaction of a good girl. Also bringing along chaperones, the sister and brother-in-law, so the meeting is on the up and up is common among good girls, but also common among not so good girls who want you to spring for a night out for her friends.   If you liked what you saw, I'd have another meeting. However, as many here will tell you, watch it, be very suspicious and keep your head about you.

10 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Two good signs, she paid half of airfare and would not sleep with you. That would most likely be the reaction of a good girl. Also bringing along chaperones, the sister and brother-in-law, so the meeting is on the up and up is common among good girls, but also common among not so good girls who want you to spring for a night out for her friends.   If you liked what you saw, I'd have another meeting. However, as many here will tell you, watch it, be very suspicious and keep your head about you.

Best advice reply yet.  Take it.

Why is that a problem? Does every girl you meet immediately want to jump in bed with you and is that the type of girl you want? 

Listen to smotherb - good advice. I would give him a like for it but they now have a heart symbol and I don't want him to get the wrong idea... 

I had 2 months of chaperoned dates with my wife - it was actually fun meeting her friends and eventually family... 

Watch out, the girls are trying a new approach now to get big money.  Had a lady home a week ago, not speak english, not want money. Then last night she asked me for a million baht to pay some debts. Keep ypur guard up at all times, met so many men that have lost their lifes savings on these cretins.

45 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Why is that a problem? Does every girl you meet immediately want to jump in bed with you and is that the type of girl you want? 

Listen to smotherb - good advice. I would give him a like for it but they now have a heart symbol and I don't want him to get the wrong idea... 

I had 2 months of chaperoned dates with my wife - it was actually fun meeting her friends and eventually family... 

You're right Ken. I did similar to you. Contrary to the myth propagated by the bar stool whoring brigade, most Thai ladies are quite conservative. They expect a relationship to develop and to go somewhere. Usually that entails a serious relationship, marriage and children.

The ones who spend all their time with bar girls and whores sadly never bother to experience a real relationship or meet ladies outside the sex trade.

20 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

You're right Ken. I did similar to you. Contrary to the myth propagated by the bar stool whoring brigade, most Thai ladies are quite conservative. They expect a relationship to develop and to go somewhere. Usually that entails a serious relationship, marriage and children.

The ones who spend all their time with bar girls and whores sadly never bother to experience a real relationship or meet ladies outside the sex trade.

"bar stool whoring brigade" Well said mate..

Sounds like a conservative / traditional girl. There are lots of them out there. Be wary of advice from here since people who are mainly exposed to working/bar girls. Not all girls are like that.

So far nothing bad has happened. The questions would be:

How much did you spend on the night out. If it was modest, good, if they were ordering the most expensive drinks and food, then a cautionary note.

Next, just keep an eye out for how much money they ask. If nothing, good. If she's happy with eating at normal restaurants and little gifts, good. A typical date under 2000 for both is a fair benchmark.

A good girl won't expect cash and expensive gifts and throw herself into bed with you right away. So far it seems she is being good. So treat her (bed and money wise) like how you would treat a sweet nice western girl.

Edited by JayBird

Sorry what wasn't mentioned was she was incredibly quick to jump into bed.... staying the night however was a no go mmm husband may have been at home waiting.... Will just ride the wave for now and see what happens 

7 minutes ago, Natgun said:

Sorry what wasn't mentioned was she was incredibly quick to jump into bed.... staying the night however was a no go mmm husband may have been at home waiting.... Will just ride the wave for now and see what happens 

The not staying the night would be more about keeping up appearances for family and friends. 

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The not staying the night would be more about keeping up appearances for family and friends. 

I just lost interest in this thread. 

15 minutes ago, Natgun said:

I just lost all interest in this thread.

Foozool definitely a fact story. 

I am thinking there will be one of a few options going to happen with this 

(a) awkward phone call from husband 

(b) buffalo will get sick mind you nana is now sick and asked for financial assistance. 

(c) I'm going to need a barge pole 

the fact she didn't let you pay for everything is a good sign in my book!.. 

You have to remember for all intensive purposes Thailand is a very conservative country and the fact that she still cares about what her mom thinks is exactly the type of girl I would want in my life because she would most likely show the same amount of respect towards my parents.

(sounds like pretty good upbringing imo)

If you like this girl and she likes you there is absolutely no reason to worry about sex.. it will happen on its own!

don't be a douche by trying to force sex on her when she isn't ready!

I am sure you heard all the stories of Thai women looking for a farang to pay for everything and take care of them and in allot of cases the women is only using him for his money. these are usually the women who you can get into bed within hours by spending some money on them and the type you should be careful of.

12 minutes ago, Natgun said:

Foozool definitely a fact story. 

I am thinking there will be one of a few options going to happen with this 

(a) awkward phone call from husband 

(b) buffalo will get sick mind you nana is now sick and asked for financial assistance. 

(c) I'm going to need a barge pole 

I don't believe this story. Please post nude photos of her as proof.

Please do not be put off by the cynics in this forum .The signs are this lady is genuine and you should explore the possibilities to expand this relationship .It is however  a worry you would seek advice from a forum of unhappy expats instead of using your own intuition after three months of courtship.