Thai university lecturer unpunished for forcing female students to pose nude

snoop1130

Thai university lecturer unpunished for forcing female students to pose nude

By Coconuts Bangkok

yujh.PNG

Photo for illustration purposes only.

An art teacher at Silpakorn, a Thai university famous for art programs, will not face any punishment, or even has his name revealed to the public, after demanding that female students pose nude for him to photograph. The victims are unsure about taking legal recourse.

Coconuts reported in July that the investigation was taking place, and according to a university statement issued Monday, the professor in question has, in fact, requested female students to pose nude while alone with him.  Since he is a guest lecturer, the only action the university can take is to stop inviting him to teach.

“This person is a guest lecturer in the Faculty of Decorative Arts and has abused his position as a teacher to talk female students into doing inappropriate photo shoots,” the statement said.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-university-lecturer-unpunished-forcing-female-students-pose-nude/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-9-6

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, tonray said:

If any story needed explanatory pictures, it's this one.

so you want to see nude photo's of young girls, is that what you are saying ?

This so called teacher should have had his home searched then arrested and charged, he is a dangerous sexual predator and abuser for taking pictures of these young girls and has likely done a lot more than take pictures

1 hour ago, smedly said:

This so called teacher should have had his home searched then arrested and charged, he is a dangerous sexual predator and abuser for taking pictures of these young girls and has likely done a lot more than take pictures

I think I'd much rather see you get a sense of humor now that I think about it. 

the original story is confusing.

in the title he "forced" the students to pose nude. how did he force them?

and then it says "demanded",  "requested"

then it goes on and says "talked into"

so which one is it?

second - the "young girls" are in university, so we are not talking about anything underage here.

third - classical art has a history of nudes. A famous painting of Titian dates back to 1538 (Venus of Urbino).

so, while nude art may be illegal in Thailand, asking art students to pose nude is not something that I consider to be overly shocking if it is asked without any coercion and with other people present during the sessions.

27 minutes ago, manarak said:

the original story is confusing.

in the title he "forced" the students to pose nude. how did he force them?

and then it says "demanded",  "requested"

then it goes on and says "talked into"

so which one is it?

second - the "young girls" are in university, so we are not talking about anything underage here.

third - classical art has a history of nudes. A famous painting of Titian dates back to 1538 (Venus of Urbino).

so, while nude art may be illegal in Thailand, asking art students to pose nude is not something that I consider to be overly shocking if it is asked without any coercion and with other people present during the sessions.

he abused his position and influence over these young girls, are you trying to say he did nothing wrong by arguing some sort of sick justification

40 minutes ago, smedly said:

he abused his position and influence over these young girls, are you trying to say he did nothing wrong by arguing some sort of sick justification

what part of my post above is unclear to you?

If he is a photograph teacher, his university art and photograph students are not under age, and they probably are interested in to learn the skills, probably they were not "forced" to posse naked, just sweet talked about. A mature and concensual exchange. What's wrong about?

7 hours ago, smedly said:

Wouldn't they be at least 18?

Something is lacking if young women don't have the self confidence to stand up to this sexual predator and bully. A pity a few of them haven't (as yet) brought charges against him.

Edited by jacko45k

I got paid 20 dollars for posing nude when in university for art drawing class.   Did it several times actually.   Until one particular class had a couple hot girls up front and I got a chubby.  They require you to remain motionless but I moved to pull the sheet over my manhood.  There were a few murmurs and the worst part was the girls staring at it which was full mast with the attention and sheet.  Hardest $20 I ever earned. 

Edited by Minnehaha

2 minutes ago, Minnehaha said:

I got paid 20 dollars for posing nice when in university.  Did it several times.  Until one particular class had a couple hot girls up front and I got a chubby.  They require you to remain motionless but I moved to pull the sheet over my manhood.  There were a few murmurs and the worst part was the girls staring at it which was full mast with the attention and sheet.  Hardest $20 I ever earned. 

I'd imagine I could probably get a class to chip in and pay me $20 NOT to pose nude but perhaps that would be considered blackmail.

52 minutes ago, thenewgoo said:

I just love the way everybody is ducking out of any kind of responsibility for having a sexual predator operating on a university campus. Classic.

The only issue I can see here is whether coercion is clear. Sexual predation - while in play - is most certainly not clear! I see nothing wrong in principle in asking someone to pose. Nude or not is incidental (except for its questionable legal status). The fact that the University, in a sensitive issue like this, has chosen not to carry forward any proceedings against the staff member, suggesting they do not feel it was coercive. There does not appear to be any criminal proceedings at the time of reading - notwithstanding that nude photography is technically illegal in LonS (Land of no Smiles...). Civil proceedings are clearly an option for anyone who felt affronted, but this has the feeling of someone *out of the loop* taking offence (a parent, boyfriend etc.), as is so often the case here. Another nail in the coffin of fine art studies in Thailand? That much is certain.

7 hours ago, tonray said:

I think I'd much rather see you get a sense of humor now that I think about it. 

A university professor abusing his position of authority to sexually assault young female students - five, possibly more. 

And you think it's funny? Really hilarious eh? Don't fall off your bar stool now!

2 hours ago, manarak said:

what part of my post above is unclear to you?

Probably it is the part below, because in the OP is clearly mentioned that NO other people were present during the sessions, so why even bring it up.

3 hours ago, manarak said:

asking art students to pose nude is not something that I consider to be overly shocking if it is asked without any coercion and with other people present during the sessions.

2 minutes ago, korkenzieher said:

The only issue I can see here is whether coercion is clear. Sexual predation - while in play - is most certainly not clear! I see nothing wrong in principle in asking someone to pose. Nude or not is incidental (except for its questionable legal status). The fact that the University, in a sensitive issue like this, has chosen not to carry forward any proceedings against the staff member, suggesting they do not feel it was coercive. There does not appear to be any criminal proceedings at the time of reading - notwithstanding that nude photography is technically illegal in LonS (Land of no Smiles...). Civil proceedings are clearly an option for anyone who felt affronted, but this has the feeling of someone *out of the loop* taking offence (a parent, boyfriend etc.), as is so often the case here. Another nail in the coffin of fine art studies in Thailand? That much is certain.

Unbelievable.

The University explain that the person is a visiting lecturer. They have no power over him other than to stop giving him work, which they have stated they are doing. It is not their responsibility to bring charges. 

He was a visiting professor, teaching and awarding grades. Do you, knowing the hierarchical structures within Thai society, think there was know coercion - explicit or implicit? 

The reasons there are no criminal proceedings is because the victims are currently discussing whether to instigate civil proceedings, or presumably also file a police complaint. Because of the laws and procedures here they will be wary of being counter sued for defamation. 

Fine Art studies doesn't usually involve having to strip and pose indecently for some pervert visiting lecturer does it? 

9 hours ago, smedly said:

How do you define 'young'? These were university students. Having said that, as one girl said he should hire models for nude photos.

18 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

A university professor abusing his position of authority to sexually assault young female students - five, possibly more. 

And you think it's funny? Really hilarious eh? Don't fall off your bar stool now!

What is think is funnier is the self righteous expats in Thailand tilting at windmills.....march on Don Quixote ! Dragons to be slayed and wrongs to be righted !!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

What is think is funnier is the self righteous expats in Thailand tilting at windmills.....march on Don Quixote ! Dragons to be slayed and wrongs to be righted !!!!!!!

Makes a change from expats whose moral compass, if it ever existed, is now way way off.

2 hours ago, Muzarella said:

If he is a photograph teacher, his university art and photograph students are not under age, and they probably are interested in to learn the skills, probably they were not "forced" to posse naked, just sweet talked about. A mature and concensual exchange. What's wrong about?

You can't be serious...

Nothing consentual about pressure from an authority figure with a young student.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

I understood everything you said - fully understood

Well said.

Never thought that I'd see someone defending someone who coerced students into posing nude, but there you go.

There is no place too low for some to go...

56 minutes ago, korkenzieher said:

The women said they were forced.

That is coercion and there the scumbag who did this is a sexual predator.

13 hours ago, shanesox said:

Another example of people's rights totally meaningless in a lawless country

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

And another example of how education authorities ignore such events, and also ignore the relevant laws, also so many recent examples of violence on young students by teachers (actually breaking the law) and the ed. ministry and school heads make no comment and take no action. 

I recall well when my son was as university, a couple of his lecturers (old and female) intimidated and punished students for no good reason at all, in some cases the lecturers took a dislike to a few students for no valid  reason and deliberately failed the students with no explanation.