Pattaya caddy said cop bust her tooth and kicked her into the cells

rooster59

Pattaya caddy said cop bust her tooth and kicked her into the cells

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvNzczLzM4Njk2OTgvd3Fjd2QuanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

A caddy at a Pattaya golf course has appealed to the Thai media for justice after she said she was assaulted by a police officer and kicked into the cells.

Buathong 27, told Sanook that on Wednesday she and a friend had been involved in an argument with a foreigner and police had taken them to the station.

She felt she was not in the wrong and loudly complained when they wanted to put her in the cells to calm down.

Outside the cells she said she was repeatedly hit in the face by a policeman who then proceeded to kick her into the cells.

He broke a tooth on the left side of her mouth.

Seeing that she was injured the officer - named later as Jirawat - allowed her out to go to the hospital.

She said she returned later and being unable to accept what had happened to her she met another officer and compensation was agreed that would pay for her hospital treatment.

But when she went back to the station on Friday to get the money she said that the officer who assaulted her went back on his word and threatened to sue her if she said any more about it.

Undaunted - and with photo evidence from her friend - Buathong went to the media.

Contacted by Sanook, the station chief Apichai Krobpetch said he was aware of the basic details of the case. He said he had asked officer Jirawat to provide him with a report of his actions and promised justice for both sides in the case.

Sanook contacted Jirawat who said he was taking his child to hospital and it wasn't convenient to talk right now.

He said he'd explain everything later.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-14

it is time the authorities started to ask why people need to go to the media (not just this particular case) to get the police to actually do what they are supposed to do, that is a fundamental 3rd world flaw and needs to be addressed, we all know and have heard about people going to the police to report a crime and  have basically been told to (piss) off unless they go to the media or are willing to pay money, that is not how policing works in any civilised country 

7 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Facebook in Thailand seems to run the justice in law....what a disgrace....

It is disgraceful that social media and not social conscious runs the country.  Then again without social media, what would pressure Thailand to act appropriately ?  

1 hour ago, smedly said:

it is time the authorities started to ask why people need to go to the media (not just this particular case) to get the police to actually do what they are supposed to do, that is a fundamental 3rd world flaw and needs to be addressed, we all know and have heard about people going to the police to report a crime and  have basically been told to (piss) off unless they go to the media or are willing to pay money, that is not how policing works in any civilised country 

Fine but we come to 3rd World countries for myriad "other" benefits. Don't we? So what can we expect?

IMHO and commenting from experience, you'll find that writing to The Ombudsman of Thailand is probably the only method to receive a proper redress of grievance.
Going to "the media" won't get you anywhere unless there's something in it for them. As for social media; you'll get a lot of sympathy for sure and a lot of "hearts", "chalices" and "funny faces" to what you have written as people comment BUT; most unfortunately - no redress of complaint I am sorry to say krub. :sad:

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

promised justice for both sides in the case.

'officer Jirawat, you've been a very naughty boy; consider this a very stern warning.'

'Miss Buathong you have assaulted one of my officer's fists with your tooth; you will go immediately to jail unless you pay a 10,000 baht fine, to me...now.'

5 hours ago, topt said:

I wonder what the argument with the foreigner was about that was sufficient to involve the police in the first instance?

Couldn't possibly be money, eh?

5 hours ago, marginline said:

Going to "the media" won't get you anywhere unless there's something in it for them. As for social media; you'll get a lot of sympathy for sure and a lot of "hearts", "chalices" and "funny faces" to what you have written as people comment BUT; most unfortunately - no redress of complaint I am sorry to say krub. :sad:

Nonsense. There have been many stories of the authorities only acting after being forced to so by social media exposure of a crime and/or their incompetence.

On 10/15/2017 at 5:07 PM, smedly said:

Improvement, as long as I have been here I have seen none

Judging by the reports of this kind, there does not seem to have been an "improvement" at least in the 10 years I have experience in Thailand. In fact of late it is as bad if not worse than ever. 

About the only country/ territory that seems to have "improved" their law and order record in ASEAN at least, is Singapore, and I guess we can largely say they have concentrated hard, on disincentives. Harsh penalties actually working. I better not do that, I don't want a really hard spanking. 

We may find them repugnantly hard, but humans are resilient, ruthless animals that need to be trained. 

It seems that with the degeneration of polite society under the influence of ever more lax moral codes, excuses, lame reasons, the influence of designer drugs and the blanket penetration of pharmaceuticals, our ability to reason, seems to be declining. 

I am an optimist, but we have to "see" the rot before we cut it out.

On 10/14/2017 at 8:50 PM, observer90210 said:

Facebook in Thailand seems to run the justice in law....what a disgrace....

Thank god my friend they are there as justice this style does tend to show up the real bib boys and friends you do not need in your life

There's 2 sides of the story. 

It sounds like she was kicking and screaming and generally causing chaos. It is standard police practice to put stressed and outlandish people in a cell to calm down. They are a danger to public, police and themselves and force is often necessary. If the crazy person resists and struggles, injury often results. He let her out to go to the hospital. Which shows he held no malice. 

He should not have offered to pay as she would use that against him. 

If, as she alleges, the damage was to a tooth on the left side of her face, why does the picture on the right show a profile of the right side of a face?  Even when enlarged there is no evidence of damage to that side.  Oh, sorry.  This is Thailand so could it be she was saving face?