Duaned

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

Start a poll

I vote Ford

This will be good ... where is the guy with the Mitsu and how long will it be before MM wades in ...

And that is now two for Ford...☺

Edited by JAS21

5 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Toyota by a country mile,

Obviously you haven’t owned a ford. There’s a reason the Ford F150 is the top selling vehicle of all kinds in the states. If you’re an outdoorsman, building a house, etc the fords are on the road years and years after the Japanese pickups. They are great the first few years but not built fir heavy use or the long haul. 

Edited by gohmer

I have a Ford and a Toyota. The Toyota is a quality vehicle all round and in 155,000 KM has never had a single fault. The Ford is a poor quality vehicle in my opinion. The gearbox is ropey and the car breaks down often. It has 55,000 KM. My wife picked the Ford, and against my better judgement I forked out for it....the wife like the way it looks.

I would never buy another Ford. Indeed I would never buy a car made by a US company. Japanese or German my friend, but German quality come at a high price whereas Japanese quality is reasonably priced. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work it out.

6 minutes ago, gohmer said:

Obviously you haven’t owned a ford. There’s a reason the Ford F150 is the top selling vehicle of all kinds in the states. If you’re an outdoorsman, building a house, etc the fords are on the road years and years after the Japanese pickups. They are great the first few years but not built fir heavy use or the long haul. 

and the relevance to Thailand is ?

The next truck I buy most likely will be my last. 

I love the way the Ford looks inside and outside! The leather seats are unreal for a truck. Been to the show floor and check out the service area on Sukhumvit in Pattaya. What bothers is it is American although it is built here, but I still believe the design, techno especially the engineering is still American?

I started with American, nothing but problems then move on to European like VW, BMW, then one day I wanted to go back to big narrow it down to two Toyota and Jeep. I loved the Jeep design powerful large engine and took a chance what a big mistake and a pure lemon. Said to myself never again American at that time Jeep was own and run by Benz?

I have nothing but good service with Toyota here, at my age there is only one choice Toyota no matter how much I like Ford. 

3 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

The next truck I buy most likely will be my last. 

I love the way the Ford looks inside and outside! The leather seats are unreal for a truck. Been to the show floor and check out the service area on Sukhumvit in Pattaya. What bothers is it is American although it is built here, but I still believe the design, techno especially the engineering is still American?

Which part of the Ranger is engineered in the USA ?

7 minutes ago, gohmer said:

Well thankfully this is not the land of the Donald and farmers are running 20yo plus trucks here, not to mention the fruit and veg daily runners to Bangkok. Mainly all Isuzu's and Toyota's.

"The long haul", 

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

Agree,  if he wants to get into it,  Americans in the Midwest love Ford and Chevy it seems police fireman in the big City like them too but that is because they never tried a Tuntra!

The full-sized Toyota Tundra is hands ? down the best truck ? on the road today. 

Relevance to Thailand? 

You can import it here if you want to. A bit pricey though. 

6 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

The design and engineer still come out of their HQ in Michigan.  If you have proof it doesn't educate me please.  Thanks

https://www.motoring.com.au/truckloads-of-work-ahead-for-fords-pd-team-24384

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_(T6)

Edited by Techno Viking

1 minute ago, Boon Mee said:

The full-sized Toyota Tundra is hands ? down the best truck ? on the road today. 

Relevance to Thailand? 

You can import it here if you want to. A bit pricey though. 

Yes, I think so agree 100% just responding and agreeing with the poster who referred to the F-150 made by Ford what is the relevance. Americans particularly in the Mid-West like what they like many will never change.

My cousin who is a contractor as the top of line Tuntra, what a truck it is if you are open minded to owning one.  I've only seen on Tuntra here in Pattaya, but as you noted if you order one from Japan it would cost a arm and leg due to the import tax plus where would you park it.

Thanks for the information, but Austrian?  I just have a sense that although the design etc. and building is not in American I just can't get over the imput that Michigan might still have... that is enough.. to make me go Toyota and the more that is pointed out to me of the Ranger in the conversation the more I head down Chon Buri to Toyota. I took the chance once that was enough!

7 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Thanks for the information, but Austrian?  I just have a sense that although the design etc. and building is not in American I just can't get over the imput that Michigan might still have... that is enough.. to make me go Toyota and the more that is pointed out to me of the Ranger in the conversation the more I head down Chon Buri to Toyota. I took the chance once that was enough!

What input did the USA have ?

Am happy to be corrected but I beleive the Hilux/Fortuner were also designed in Australia.

FWIW I would not buy a Ford no matter were it was designed.

Edited by Techno Viking

Isuzu  

Edit:  actually I do own a Isuzu Platinum + 3.0 and it's perfection but I think the Ford ranger looks better and I'm sure the Toyota is built like a tank (but I don't like the style so much as the Ranger).

Edited by LannaGuy

I have owned 5 Toyotas.  No complaints.  Had a transmission go out on a Fortuner years ago--thats it.

Own a Ford Ecosport now.  I bought it mainly because it had 3 years same as cash financing--i hate the way Toyota and other car dealers calculate interest on loans here--would be illegal in the US.

My Ecosport has 85,000 km never had an issue.  Knock on wood.

1 hour ago, gohmer said:

Totally disagree.. 

Bought ford and had many issues.. Also had them worming out of extended warranty and needing to threaten legal action, at which stage they suddenly agreed 'in this case' despite this being warranty extended. 

Multiple friends with Rangers also issues, everything from broken AC to auto gearbox issues. Just way too much on new car purchases, I have needed nothing beyond oil changes and schedule maintenance on a 10 year old vigo. 

The fords look better, appear more desirable, but toyota has them whipped for reliability and in my area, the dealers are much more user friendly in toyo. The 2 fords seem to avoid any responsibility and game buck passing. 

In Thailand Toyota is the very best by far...By the way, before I bought one I talked to a person who runs a car rental...He had 3 Ford pick up's...all 3 had broken gear...my neighbor has a Ford Focus, same within the first year...my other neighbor has problems with the electric circuit.  And the after-sales service is crap.

So...