Thai shop owner angry that I parked in front of her shop.

doggie1955

It's pretty basic; shopowners own up to a certain area--which DOES NOT include the sidewalk or the street. Saying this I don't want my car damaged so do not park in front if certain shophouses. Obviously if you're a farang and your car is damaged the police will probably not help you.....possibly, but probably not. It has nothing to do with Thai customs.

Edited by ross163103

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ross163103 said:

It's pretty basic; shopowners own up to a certain area--which DOES NOT include the sidewalk or the street. Saying this I don't want my car damaged so do not park in front if certain shophouses. Obviously if you're a farang and your car is damaged the police will probably not help you.....possibly, but probably not. It has nothing to do with Thai customs.

Like I mentioned in a previous post I was told by the shop owner I parked in front of that he paid for, and owned the sidewalk and the parking space in front of his restaurant. And he was French not Thai.

On 12/12/2017 at 2:52 PM, maxpower said:

Americans can do what they want ...

OOPS.  Well yes!!!  An annoying episode that most of us with cars or trucks have experienced.  Just not handled in the best way. I wouldn't be parking there again, anytime soon.  At the very least, you might end up with some anonymous paintwork scratches.  This is the world hub of "FACE"!!!  They might consider that you have started something that only they can finish, their way!!!   Perhaps now might be a good time to buy a carton of the lady's best oil.  If you are lucky it might be seen as a peace offering.  Just don't park there while buying it, just in case.....

Edited by The Deerhunter

So you do a video to what end I have no idea as you parked in the wrong place and was asked to move. But no Mr im a Farang I don't have to I can do as I please and my mutts are more important than you. 

Then you decide to pop a post on the biggest thai hating forum going so you can get more drongo's on your thai bashing bandwagon suggest you grow up and jog on.

On 12 december 2017 at 8:51 AM, dotpoom said:

All I can say is......880,000+ people must have little to be doing?

With all the tragedy going on in this world is there nothing more important to be bothering about than a shopkeeper giving out about parking in front of her shop?

I wonder what the are talking about in the comment section, surly not nice things about this cowboy:)

On 12/19/2017 at 2:23 PM, Dazinoz said:

Like I mentioned in a previous post I was told by the shop owner I parked in front of that he paid for, and owned the sidewalk and the parking space in front of his restaurant. And he was French not Thai.

The shop owner that talked to you is wrong; he might have been told by the Thai owners that he owns those two areas--which is a good selling point and no doubt probably paid extra for them also, but he only owns/rents his shophouse.