Marriage to foreigners not all it's cracked up to be complains Isaan woman stuck in Farangland!

rooster59

Just now, MrY said:

I resemble this sexist remark! " Think outside the box." What like T&A and such or what..?

Ha. No.  Not being funny.

Too many guys marrying these girls, having babies, etc.

Up to you but it can/is ruining lives.

It is a falang western male think stupidity creating it.

Mostly sad train wrecks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R123 said:

Well she should do what most Thais do home and away when they have a farang b/f or 'husband': find some other men, giks etc to keep her happy...as long as the sucker taking care of her does not know about it.....

spoken like a guy who doesn't know how to a) pull a decent girl and b) keep her satisfied

3 hours ago, DavoTheGun said:

If she came from Issan she ate Garbage!

hmmm

rotten fermented fish

rotten crab soaking in a barrel of some rancid liquid

horrible salted frogs

rats

bugs like a cockroach

and all manner of assorted green grassy shit that not even the field critters will touch

i must agree. might not be garbage out of the bin but still gargbage!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I have no idea why some men want to take care of another woman like she’s a child. 

My friend takes care of his missus, her two horrible kids from a previous marriage, the mother in law, and a couple of cousins. He pays for everything. He seems to like being the master of the house. I told him that helping people is a very commendable thing, but the lot you’re taking care of seemingly don’t think they have to take care of themselves, also. They’ve become spoilt and he’s become resentful because of it. 

Nothing worse than lazy and spoilt people (of any nationality). 

Someone close to my Thai family is no longer with his wife. Now she's moaning and bitching about having no money. Actually getting a job doesn't seem to have occurred to her. She's middle-aged and still wants to be looked after as if she is a child.

I read this report and most of the Comments, what everyone that is slagging the lady off doesn't know is what was she told life would be like when she arrived in here new country. "you will live like a queen"  We don't know.  I doubt it would be an expectation of most Thais that go into Europe that they will have major cash handouts and maids in waiting.

4 hours ago, chippendale said:

Right. Jungle peasants don't eat garbage but insects, leaves, tree bark and the occasional stray dog.

Quite hard to find those in frozen German winter landscapes.

You really think that none of those can be easily found in Germany?

11 minutes ago, hammond said:

I read this report and most of the Comments, what everyone that is slagging the lady off doesn't know is what was she told life would be like when she arrived in here new country. "you will live like a queen"  We don't know.  I doubt it would be an expectation of most Thais that go into Europe that they will have major cash handouts and maids in waiting.

Maybe the fact she wouldn't have a maid and the husband's sisters and aunties wouldn't be there 24/7 was told to her but she chose to ignore it because the concept is totally outside her understanding. Who knows what she was told? None of us actually know and we're just throwing out assumptions.

However, there is a concept that's suggested in the story that she has become aware she suddenly has to do things for herself she never had to do before like accept some sort of responsibility for what we take as being normal life.

• Like 1

Yaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnnn

What does this bird expect? Most of them had Thai guys before leaving for nowhere land the minute they are pregnant, her mother in Nakorn Isanwhere creams off as much money as possible which is earned according to the education level of the girl - until there's a farang in the net. 

Off to Farangland, after Sinsod (dowry paid by groom to the bride's parents) and possibly a house and/or some buffaloes. Sometimes even with the kid(s) of the bride's past and now, all of a sudden, the garbage bags have no own feet to walk to the can and food is not cooking itself either. Welcome to the vacuum cleaner and the washing machine. 

Don't wanna turn this into another "learn the language of the country you've chosen to live in" thread, but come on, those of you that didn't watch the video (in Thai, kind of) are not commenting on the video! Your comments are based on the crappy OP only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, michaelj said:

And that comment says more about you and your Thai social circle than it does about "most Thai" anyone at all.

Yes it says he does not understands Thai people, been married 11 years to a Thai she would never expect this, mind you she would be shocked at the prices in the UK :smile:

Edited by goonnerone

I have friends beck in the UK who married Thai women and they are still there years on. Yes, it isn't easy especially these days, but they tell me that they have jobs, some temporary, but they have learned to enjoy an independence they hadn't known before. Then there's the climate and they admit that is difficult but it gives them an impetus to sought comfort (as well as snuggling up to hubby for some extra warmth Ha!). They admit that some achievement isn't easy but are pleased with themselves when it happens. But it's the same for us expats here, isn't it. If we came here thinking it was paradise then we were in for a shock. Learning to adapt isn't easy but if pays dividends if you can.

• Like 2

No servants omfg lol , food here in Thai don’t grow in the fields over in Europe lol - restaurants are 5x more expensive could it be they are real restaurants and not the roadside iffy smoke pots [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

7 minutes ago, flyingfox1 said:

No servants omfg lol , food here in Thai don’t grow in the fields over in Europe lol - restaurants are 5x more expensive could it be they are real restaurants and not the roadside iffy smoke pots emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

This is getting impressive. 13 pages [and counting] of comments of what she didn't actually say in the video...

Granted, if she really said all that crap in the OP, some of these comments would be right. And generally there's some validity to these sentiments, just not in this case.

Edited by MrY
for added obfuscation
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Western 'entitled princesses' are no different..but are able to clean you out thoroughly, when they get bored with the marriage.   MGTOW is the answer.

Sorry mate, spent a while trying to work out what MGTOW means, really.

I'm a BOF by the way. ??

• Haha 1