Former top cop admits borrowing money from massage parlour owner Kamol

webfact

thailand doesn’t stand a chance of gaining respect in the eyes of the international community when ex police chiefs (and now chairman of Thai Football Federation i believe) can get away with this kind of nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Moths to a flame.

The alleged trafficker, the rank of this policeman should have more nouce to keep an arms length from him, even if they were best mates from the hood.

Asking for trouble.

Now how does this rate with the porky on the watches? Well its way up there. And that is how the Thai People will see it.

All it takes is a long drawn out investigation and slowly let it slide and all is well again and forgotten.I vaguely remember Koh Tao (??? haha) and Prawit is slowly going the same way just as sure this will.It's only a matter of time.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Plus, the national police chieg sees nothing wrong with borowing 300million BAht from a man who runs a giant brothel in an industry which is caught red-handed repeatedly for human trafficking, selling under age girls, etc.  How come I was taught by my parents and my society that senior leaders (ultimate prime example - the national police chief) should be excellent role models beyond reproach. 

should be are the operative words here, they aren't above reproach anywhere.

Just now, SpeakeasyThai said:

The man who 'loaned' the money to the man stating there is nothing wrong with this story have one thing in common.

They are BOTH grubs.

Yes multi millionaire grubs----- I wouldn't mind being one of those !!!

the loaned money didn’t mysteriously disappear. It was duly repaid, with detectable transactions via the banking system.”

If this is true I'm not sure where the corruption lies, money cant be laundered this way either.

Unless the bribe was the loan itself on very low interest.

Sooooo...let me get that straight...

- he borrowed some petty cash of 300 million baht

- from a guy, who works in a shady business 

- which made him -as a policeman- open to blackmail, by guys in shady businesses

- which he -as a policeman= might have been "controlling"

- and he paid back the 300 million baht

- from his top-cop- salary

- which should not allow him to do anything like that

Yup...I see nothing fishy in this, please move on!

There is obviously nothing to see!

:coffee1:

Edited by DM07

All the stupid things he is saying to explain it was a loan; the <deleted>.. for what a loan of 300million?!??!?!

And he not care where the money comes from??

He wanted to be a national police chief?!??!

He is one of those thousands of police chiefs or officers or whatever rob the money from the people !!!!!!!!!!!

The hell with them and take them to prison for ever!

But sometimes i think: for many thais it's all OK. Only a foreigners problem to see it from another point ?!

45 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

He didn't pay it back from his salary, he paid it back from the proceeds he made from having 75M baht. 

There's a lot of ways you could earn 10% or more in a year on that much money. Investments, loans, buying and flipping property. 

At at the end of the year you still have the 75M plus a few mil profit for yourself. 

If it was that simple everybody would be doing it!!

It was stated that the loans were documented, I'm pretty sure that it would have involved interest, nobody loans out 300m THB interest free, as using your logic, they would be losing out on the 10% earnings on their money.

One would imagine that if the VS owner loaned 300m THB to the cop, then it was on the basis that the cop had some means of paying it back.

Remembering that investments can go down as well as up!

The DPM has started something, any questions asked about wealth or possessions, just say xxxx is not mine, I just borrowed it / them etc.

I'm sure that the public in UK would believe the Met Police Commissioner if he said he borrowed 6.5m GBP from some rich nightclub owner, nobody would even question it!

I am surprised that you are all surprised. The Police Chief in Phuket takes (allegedly 30mil a month)

of which say 30% ends up at the top.That is one province,,,, add Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai & 5 other tourist targets & bingo we have 60 mil a month to play with minimum.

It is endemic, & nothing is considered wrong even.

Huge advertising on the radio re the Governments push to eradicate corruption but NO Government is game to take on the Police & I doubt ever will be

I’m sure everything is above board. After all he is a highly respected law enforcer. Nothing unusual here. Why bother taking it to the NACC and I’m sure he has enough dirt on others to ensure nothing comes of it. TIT and this is the norm. 

'The transaction was no secret, he stressed. He’d reported the arrangement to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) three years ago.' says a lot about that commission too doesn't it. Aren't they supposed to investigate too? From top to bottom of the ranks the country is full of corruption the good PM said he was going to sort out.