Ford Ranger raptor

maxipeon

3 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

bit cheaper than thought it would be, am keen.

I've been told some advanced safety gear has not been included to keep the price down. They are taking orders at the show, but I'd like to see some test drives and reviews first. It uses expensive suspension - and I'd imagine costly to replace when out of warranty. The thing is 150mm wider than a stock ranger which would make it a bugger to drive in small sois.

1 minute ago, DavisH said:

I've been told some advanced safety gear has not been included to keep the price down. They are taking orders at the show, but I'd like to see some test drives and reviews first. It uses expensive suspension - and I'd imagine costly to replace when out of warranty. The thing is 150mm wider than a stock ranger which would make it a bugger to drive in small sois.

Sounds good.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

I've seen some on test out here in Rayong with rear drum brakes, hopefully that's not for Thai market. The only thing that's missing compared to the 3.2 Wildtracks seems to be radar cruise control and lane departure

4 minutes ago, digbeth said:

I've seen some on test out here in Rayong with rear drum brakes, hopefully that's not for Thai market. The only thing that's missing compared to the 3.2 Wildtracks seems to be radar cruise control and lane departure

to compare this to a wildtrak is stupid

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

The raptor definitely doesn't have rear drums. Of course, the drivetrain and its drive modes and suspension (very expensive setup) are different. The raptor also has active noise cancellation which I think only the everest has. I'm curious to see how it goes. I watched a facebook presentation at the show today. They could not even get inside the vehicle to have a look and I only saw that blue one on display. They will be taking orders though.

It may sound odd, but one thing I'd be interested to read about is comfort in the rear, esp from that suspension set up. I'm hoping it is decent, because this a bigger selling point nowadays; pick ups are fast becoming urban utility vehicles

The best ride for rear passengers in this segment is probably the Navarra.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Will E Vormer said:

It may sound odd, but one thing I'd be interested to read about is comfort in the rear, esp from that suspension set up. I'm hoping it is decent, because this a bigger selling point nowadays; pick ups are fast becoming urban utility vehicles

The best ride for rear passengers in this segment is probably the Navarra.

I'm interested too...same setup as the everest but much less weight in the rear. I wonder how rear discs will react to hard braking also.

Radar CC is good, but the LDW is a ballache - I'm glad my WT doesn't have it.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

• 2 months later...
On 3/18/2018 at 9:52 AM, Will E Vormer said:

I saw a post on the raptor saying between 1.6 and 1.7. pretty steep. Really, anything over 1.65 is going to put alot of buyers off imo. Then again the drive chain and suspension are in a different league to the Wildtrak.

There were over 1000 bookings of the raptor at the recent motor show. It didn't put too many off it seems. 

Now that the cat's out of the bag that the regular Ranger and Everest are also getting the new 2.0 bi turbo with 10 speed in maybe detuned power, there will be some people that might feel they can put in even beefier suspension and go for the regular Ranger or just the Wildtrack and save the half mil for modifications themselves.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2018 at 1:57 AM, DavisH said:

I'm interested too...same setup as the everest but much less weight in the rear. I wonder how rear discs will react to hard braking also.

What exactly are you wondering about?  Electronic brake force distribution adjusts for load better than the old brake proportioning valves and disc brakes are easier to control under light load than drums because there is no self servo effect.   

15 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Now that the cat's out of the bag that the regular Ranger and Everest are also getting the new 2.0 bi turbo with 10 speed in maybe detuned power, there will be some people that might feel they can put in even beefier suspension and go for the regular Ranger or just the Wildtrack and save the half mil for modifications themselves.

More than just beefier suspension.  Not impossible but pretty substantial mod to convert the rear end from leaf springs to coil springs with watts linkage. 

On 6/13/2018 at 2:12 AM, digbeth said:

Yes I was told by Ford Pattaya they gonna launch the Everest with that engine soon, might be a re-placement for my WT when it turn 6-7 years old in 1-2 years time.

Not that the WT is showing signs of wear/age but it's just too big for Pattaya.

The Raptor is massively big I read somewhere, almost like a US truck? 

On 6/14/2018 at 10:49 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

Yes I was told by Ford Pattaya they gonna launch the Everest with that engine soon, might be a re-placement for my WT when it turn 6-7 years old in 1-2 years time.

Not that the WT is showing signs of wear/age but it's just too big for Pattaya.

The Everest is only a bit shorter than a Ranger.  Helps a bit for parking but that's about it.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

starting at 1.69 M !  Ouch - I do use 4WD regulary but a standard ranger with 4WD is half a mill cheaper fully loaded. Pity, if it had been cheaper I would have got one.

The suspension adds a lot to the cost. There will be a regular ranger with the new 2.0 soon. Prices have just been released for the new Everest 1.3 to 1.8m.