What Rayong Hotels have the best sea front to enjoy the view, swims and the sun on a beautiful beach?

alexlm

If you mean Rayong City, the only seafront hotel that I know of is the Kantary Bay. It's quite nice, but not all the rooms overlook the sea. There is a Swiss-run guest house which overlooks the Rayong River at the back and the sea at the front. The beaches there are just inlets in a stone breakwater.

Others may be better qualified than me to detail hotels and beaches east of the city. To the west, the Purimas and the Phala Cliff hotels maintain their own beaches, and a little further along towards Phala, the Lord Nelson has direct access to the beach. Personally I would use the hotel pools rather than the sea. The Lord Nelson doesn't have a proper swimming pool.

Go east of Ban Phe towards Laem Mae Phim and you have the Novotel & Marriot on white sandy beaches, beautiful locations but in the middle of nowhere plus expensive. 

Cheaper and beach not so nice, Nice Beach Hotel at Hat Mae Rhumpung, Ban Phe (pun not intended) but there is some life.

Edited by sandrabbit

Rayong Resort is on the headland looking out to Koh Samet.  Lovely setting with good beaches, and good pools all rooms with sea views and large bungalows on the beach.... but it ain't cheap!!

Mae rhum pung beach (9km) has many choices from simple guest house rooms to larger (but basic) hotels - rarely busy except holiday weekends and often good deals to be had. 

Bit late in my response but the Rayong Resort near Ban Phe is excellent or alternatively check out Suan Wang Kaew or next door Hinsuay Nam Sai resorts for Airbnb properties, both are secluded and very peaceful resorts but totally self catering. The Rayong Marriott is very good and there is actually plenty to do in the area unless you’re looking for lots of bars.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Simhne said:

Bit late in my response but the Rayong Resort near Ban Phe is excellent or alternatively check out Suan Wang Kaew or next door Hinsuay Nam Sai resorts for Airbnb properties, both are secluded and very peaceful resorts but totally self catering. The Rayong Marriott is very good and there is actually plenty to do in the area unless you’re looking for lots of bars.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

We only stayed there one night due to time constraints but next time I return to the area this'll be my hotel of choice.

The buffet breakfast is genuinely second to none.

It's also not a king's ransom.

"The Rayong Marriott is very good and there is actually plenty to do in the area unless you’re looking for lots of bars."

• Like 1