Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

3 minutes ago, aright said:

Who wants to live in a country where unelected men and women acting on behalf of a foreign parliament can carry out raids on a business in London because they feel like it?

https://uk.news.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AwrP4nYcC89aZA4AGAVLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTE0cGs5cThkBGNvbG8DaXIyBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVUlVS0MwMV8xBHNlYwNzYw--?p=the+recklessly+provocative+Murdoch+office+raids&fr=yfp-t&fr2=cosmos

This is the Same paper that blames Labour for the current NHS crisis https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/11/80-year-old-man-waited-23-hours-ambulance-dying-hospital-family/

Who’s suggesting that we were forced to join the E.U.? It’s a fact that the British people were deceived, many would say conned into joining what we were led,to beleive was a trading group in 1975. I for one was not aware that it would transform into the monster, that is now the so called E.U.
As for when the video was made, it’s irrelevant. How many of the predictions,have now been proven to be true.That’s what you should be addressing.

I never mentioned being forced to join the EU, my post refers to the documentary stating we would be forced to join the euro (along with signing up for the EU army and handing over our foreign exchange and gold reserves).

Since these things haven’t happened maybe you could point us to some predictions it did get right since I really could not force myself to watch any more of it.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ah ok.  Deutsche Bank should have collapsed by now, but is clearly being propped up.

Sgt Rock was half right.  But he didn't account for Merkel keeping DB on a life support machine (forever if necessary), to prevent it being the catalyst to an EU collapse.

The recently chief executive of DB, Britain John Cryon, who had been battling other members of the board, in trying to slim down the numbers of overpaid staff,

recently said that reports that hundred of their U.K staff would be made redundant due to Brexit, was way over the top, saying that in his view,the figure would be nearer 40 redundancies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I'm not sure why you think that. The UK voted Leave, and in less than a year we'll be legally out of the EU. More and more remainers are shifting to the other end of the see-saw, and just want to get behind the country and get on with it.

The hard remainers are becoming a dying breed now, and increasingly angry.  They are the ones who ought to keep an eye on their blood pressure. Or better still they should let it go, and join us in our great escape!

Oooo, an escape, an adventure, can we go away somewhere, Europe perhaps? :post-4641-1156694572:

9 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I started to watch and then stopped, I can't watch anything on any subject that is so anti-everything apart from what they are preaching - does nobody present balanced objective arguments any longer.

The TVF is really not the place to look for it ( balanced objective arguments)!

:coffee1:

• Like 1

"We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender":

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/04/12/bid-stop-brexit-remainers-launch-1m-campaign-keep-uk-europe/

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I'm afraid not.  Because according to many younger Remain voters we won't be allowed to go on holiday in Europe once we've left the EU.

That's such a shame, Gare du Nord is lovely this time of the year.:post-4641-1156694572:

29 minutes ago, Orac said:

We were already opted out of EMU from the Maastricht Treaty so a bit ridiculous to claim this as a victory for Brexit.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The feeling is that the EU will force all member states into the Euro at some stage, whatever it takes. By leaving the EU we are safe from that fate.

• Like 1

I'm not angry either, I'm sad at the lack of sensible decision making and the failed logic that underpins it all. Mostly I'm sad I think that nobody has been able to set out a non-agressive persuasive argument that has been truly convincing and has made sense, in light of all the negatives that exist.

I'm also quite disturbed by this democracy thingy - folks keep saying that 52% to 48% is the democratic result which must be supported. I don't agree at all, I think that result suggests the wrong question was asked, rephrase the question or ask a different question. For something to be democratic in more than name only the result needs to be 80/20 or 90/10, then the result will have the support of the people and it will be successful, as things stand this will fail one way or the other, sooner or later.

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The feeling is that the EU will force all member states into the Euro at some stage, whatever it takes. By leaving the EU we are safe from that fate.

By leaving the EU we have lost our opt-out when we rejoin.

• Like 1

Following a highly competitive recruitment process, the Department for International Trade (DIT) today (Thursday 12 April) appoints John Mahon as the UK’s first Director General for Exports. Reporting to the Permanent Secretary, John will lead the implementation of the government’s emerging Export Strategy as the UK prepares to leave the European Union.

A former Head of Barclays Corporate Bank, John brings a strong track record to DIT and is being hailed across Whitehall as a key hire. His appointment is the latest step in a major capability-building programme underway at DIT, across exports and investment promotion and the trade policy and negotiation businesses.

The new Director General for Exports is at the heart of the government’s post-Brexit trading plan, and is tasked with ensuring that new and existing exporters can access the right financial, practical and promotional support to sell overseas.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/city-chief-appointed-to-lead-uk-export-drive

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aright said:

Your argument is hardly consistent. Doing nothing after the referendum would have appeased the minority 48% who voted remain at the expense of the majority 52% who voted to leave. The outcome would have been determined by the minority. Is that your definition of democracy?

The wrong question was asked, the margin is far too small for it to be a successful vote, what's inconsistent about that simple observation!

• Like 1