Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Dumb.?.The world over the poor make the rich rich.We western working folk pay tax just for a bleeding heart give it to Indian Poor ,the Rich get it sooner of later. Let the Rich Indian feed their own Poor.

What was it that the Indian premiere said to May when she talked about a trade deal with India, something about visas, we don't rule anymore.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yep-they even forced the Indian people to pay for the Imperial crown worn at the Delhi Durbar-all 60,000 quids worth.

The Brits have still got it.

Perhaps they will lend it to Mr Patel when his Daughter gets married in Bradford, a new Indian Province according to my Brit Chums here.:stoner:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Yup.

The poor in India do not get help from the rich, so letting them feed their own poor makes no sense at all, what you are actually suggesting is leaving them without any help.  You criticize peoples "bleeding hearts" but all you demonstrate is that you dont have one. 

True in that senario.Nor does anyone with half a brain and had to work all his life..

8 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Perhaps they will lend it to Mr Patel when his Daughter gets married in Bradford, a new Indian Province according to my Brit Chums here.:stoner:

So your Brit "chums" are stating that the food has improved immeasurably in Bradford?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tebee said:

I still shouldn't be too sure, the cost are becoming more obvious .

Even if it does happen it's going to be mostly a damp squib of a brexit that no one wanted - staying in the EU in all but name  

Is that unity I see on the horizon, everyone a loser.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

In the scenario of providing immediate aid to some of the poorest and most persecuted people in the world, people who are regularly poisoned, raped and murdered just for being born of a certain caste, you have no heart, great stuff, I'm sure you're proud.

Anyway, you are clearly wrong, I come from the UK, we are hardly a stupid bunch and we are generally workaholics, and we are also one of the most charitable countries in the world, we prove your claim to be false.

It is not beyond the bounds of reason that India might

consider helping the poor in the UK one day.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Is that unity I see on the horizon, everyone a loser.

Yes we all get about 7% poorer, the Brexiters get to say we left the EU, the remainers get to say we haven't really  left.

Worst of all worlds, but at least a compromise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

And don't you ever get bored calling people that don't agree with you 'trolls and your clique' truly pathetic.

Last time I responded to you I was suspended for a week, hopefully Mods will allow this time.

To answer your question not  disagreement, but trolling and similar activities, so... No.

You all make the same noise. Primarily I'm responding to the group's never ending use of 'nationalist' sourced mimes, basically scraping the bottom of the barrel of discourse. Occasionally outright evil trolling, though I'm sure you're all well pleased such commentary is removed from the record by the Mods.

Edited by simple1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I would think that even the most ardent Brexiteer must now see that we are all going to be worse off, certainly in the short term.  And that short term is a debateable length of time.  If the Brexit is soft then I would expect the time to be shorter and if hard or no deal then considerably longer.

The clock is ticking away and we still haven't got a clue where we are going to be on D (departure) day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

You would have to very dumb indeed if you think the money we give to India is the same money that other Indians use to buy British companies.  To make things simple for you, we give aid to the underclass while it is the upper class who are buying our companies.  And if you think not helping the very people that their own country fails to help themselves will in some way help anyone then you are deluded.

Off topic, but you may be interested in info below which shines a very different light on aid to India. Mods permit?

From one of the highest recipient of multi-lateral development aid, India has quietly transitioned into the role of provider as in the last three years it has given more aid to foreign countries than it has received.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2017/mar/22/emerging-power-india-gives-more-aid-than-it-receives-1584604.html

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I would think that even the most ardent Brexiteer must now see that we are all going to be worse off, certainly in the short term.  And that short term is a debateable length of time.  If the Brexit is soft then I would expect the time to be shorter and if hard or no deal then considerably longer.

The clock is ticking away and we still haven't got a clue where we are going to be on D (departure) day.

Indeed, the main problem we will hit is running out of time and ending up leaving with no deal, which would be financially disastrous - maybe not Mad Max style armageddon but bad, very bad. 

The sensible thing to do would to be extend art 50 as otherwise the EU have us over a barrel or just give the whole idea up, at least until we decide what we want. But Brexit is an emotional thing and logic is not involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Off topic, but you may be interested in info below which shines a very different light on aid to India. Mods permit?

From one of the highest recipient of multi-lateral development aid, India has quietly transitioned into the role of provider as in the last three years it has given more aid to foreign countries than it has received.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2017/mar/22/emerging-power-india-gives-more-aid-than-it-receives-1584604.html

This has exactly nothing to do with totals, we choose where our aid goes and it goes directly to people who are not helped from within, its the same argument as the "India has a space program why do we give them aid?" brigade produce, the question is easily answered, our aid does not fund their space program and it helps people who they neglect to help despite having money for a space program.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

This has exactly nothing to do with totals, we choose where our aid goes and it goes directly to people who are not helped from within, its the same argument as the "India has a space program why do we give them aid?" brigade produce, the question is easily answered, our aid does not fund their space program and it helps people who they neglect to help despite having money for a space program.

Save us from Millennial and the Entitled Generation.:post-4641-1156693976:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Didn't suggest any conclusion, just highlighting out 'aid' has many ramifications, one of which in relation to India I was unaware. Thought the article would be of interest.

37 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

You can say that again!  I have never seen so much vitriol as this in the UK.  Debates now always become shouting matches and the divide seems to get worse as time goes by.

Don't start

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Indeed, the main problem we will hit is running out of time and ending up leaving with no deal, which would be financially disastrous - maybe not Mad Max style armageddon but bad, very bad. 

The sensible thing to do would to be extend art 50 as otherwise the EU have us over a barrel or just give the whole idea up, at least until we decide what we want. But Brexit is an emotional thing and logic is not involved.

I doubt it's an emotional thing for those who started it all off and financed and ran the campaign, that bunch of current and ex-bankers, they just used the nations emotions to enact their plan, the problem is the minds behind Brexit haven't been involved since dropping us in this sh!t, those they picked up along the way they left with nothing but their emotive catchphrases to bring to the debate.  Anyway, it may be bad for us if we leave without a deal, but consider where that bunch of bankers will be.  Without access to the single market for financial services, (and the EU have stated that there will be no negotiations possible for financial services to have special access), the entire industry would be at risk, 700,000 jobs equating to about 20% of London's total income, if it starts to go I think it most likely the finance sector would be deregulated to give it an advantage, we could become something like Switzerland, there would be a difference such as Switzerland not having a large and growing underclass, the looming threat of uprising, and spiralling debts, but that wont necessarily matter to the bankers, they wont need the country to be rich, just remove the right regulations and there will be plenty of money for them to make from overseas clients.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The thing that makes this entire comment null and void is the fact you suggest bankers wanted Brexit. The bankers as a whole were desperate to Remain!

I have a number of friends working in the City of London who had to hide their desire for Brexit from colleagues and management, and nod along whenever somebody in the office spoke about how we must stay in the EU.

They felt like Arsenal fans stuck in the Spurs end of the stadium!

Obviously Brexit wasnt started and ran by the bankers as a whole, you'd have noticed that, it was ran by UKIP, a bunch of bankers and their banker financier.

Edited by Kieran00001
Fun

42 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Obviously Brexit wasnt started and ran by the bankers as a whole, you'd have noticed that, it was ran by UKIP, a bunch of bankers and their banker financier.

No it was organized by a subset of bankers who hope to make money out of it. It will cause chaos and in turbulent times there is money to be made. Bigger the disaster, the more opportunity. It's not you and I who will make money, we will suffer, but some people make sure they do.   

6 minutes ago, tebee said:

No it was organized by a subset of bankers who hope to make money out of it. It will cause chaos and in turbulent times there is money to be made. Bigger the disaster, the more opportunity. It's not you and I who will make money, we will suffer, but some people make sure they do.   

Prove that then TB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

You can say that again!  I have never seen so much vitriol as this in the UK.  Debates now always become shouting matches and the divide seems to get worse as time goes by.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

A comedy of errors you are!

• Like 2