Air conditioned train service Bangkok to Pattaya begins March 17th

webfact

Air conditioned train service Bangkok to Pattaya begins March 17th

tnews_img_1520237411_793.jpg

Picture: Tnews

The special six month tourist train service from Bangkok to Ban Plu Ta Luang via Pattaya will begin a six month trial service from March 17th until September 30th.

The train will stop at a total of 14 stations on the route that encompasses many places of interest for tourists including the Pattaya Floating Market, Nong Nuch Gardens and Sri Racha.

Trains 997/998 will operate every Saturday and Sunday and booking can be done in advance for seats on longer sections and on the day for Sri Racha to the end of the line in Ban Plu Ta Luang (seats cannot be reserved in this case).

Train 997 will leave Bangkok at 6.45am reaching Pattaya at 9.13 and the end of the line at 9.50am.

The return train 998 will leave Ban Plu Ta Luang at 3.50pm stopping at Pattaya at 4.26pm and reaching Bangkok at 6.55pm.

Example prices are 170 baht for the whole single journey, 80 baht Bangkok to Chacherngsao and 50 baht from Sri Racha to Pattaya.

All stations will have connections to local attractions with song thaews, motorbikes or other hired transport on standby.

Song thaews (baht buses) will operate from Sri Racha station to the port for transfer to Koh Si Chang.

Song thaews will also be in operation from Pattaya station to the beach and Bali Hai port for Koh Larn and Ban Plu Ta Luang station to seaside attractions in Sattahip.

Tnews said the journey would be cool and the prices reasonable.

Source: Tnews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-06

What "Bangkok" does mean ? If only Hua Lampang: it will fail. No one will go to HL to take a train. So to expect to succeed, we need to know if the train stops in some stations in Bangkok and, if yes, which ones.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

pattayas mafia taxis rubbing their hand in glee, *that will be 500 baht to go to the beach sir *, they ask 300 to get to my condo from the bus station when i can get there for 20 baht,

Edited by mercman24
  • Like 2

still does not seem very practical for an international arrival at BKK.  Now if I was already in country and putzing around like I normally do, I might go for it. Although frankly I wouldn't mind the slow and non ac other train.  Just for the adventure.  I travel light and only bring a carry on

Last time I took an air con train in Thailand, I believe it was the BKK to Surin route, I was entertained enroute by a group of cockroaches climbing on the carriage wall and floor nearby.

I hope the train and carriages they're using for the BKK-Pattaya trip are at least a bit better.

What Pattaya needs is frequent high-speed non-stop train service directly to and from Bangkok, preferably directly from Suvarnabhumi Airport, and directly from Hua Lamphong train station. The train trip duration should be less than 80 minutes and run 5 times a day in each direction.  These milk run trains, that stop 10 times between Pattaya and Bangkok, are not needed!

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 1