Bus crash injures 39 people in Ayutthaya

webfact

Bus crash injures 39 people in Ayutthaya

By Thai PBS

bus-crash.jpg

A double-deck tour bus with 50 students and teachers crashed into a roadside rest pavillion in Nakhon Luang district of Ayutthaya before dawn Thursday injuring 39 people, one seriously.

The bus was taking 50 students and teachers of Ban Nonyai school in Kamphaengphet province to Chonburi province in a school excursion. The bus left Kamphaengpet at 11.00pm.

But as the bus arrived near Kilometre 26 on the Asian Highway in Nakhon Luang district where it was raining, it skidded. The bus then fell off the highway, flipped over and ploughed into the roadside rest pavillion.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bus-crash-injures-39-people-ayutthaya/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-22

5 minutes ago, JOC said:

Here we go again....!!

How many more people are going to get killed/injured before authorities are going to act ?

Something is clearly wrong with the driving 'skills' of Thai bus drivers...

Just had a long weekend at Hua Hin (from Chiang Mai)

12.5hr overnight bus journey each way, they seemed to pull over and change drivers every 2-3 hours.

Can't fault them (Sombat tours).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JOC said:

Here we go again....!!

How many more people are going to get killed/injured before authorities are going to act ?

Many!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

12.5hr overnight bus journey each way, they seemed to pull over and change drivers every 2-3 hours.

I'm glad you survived.

It seems like an extreme sport nowadays , to ride on Thailand highways.

• Like 1

Bus mishap in Ayutthaya leaves driver, 50 students injured

By The Nation

f554acef944019fbab28b2ad16f0e13d.jpeg

Most of the 50 students from Kamphaeng Phet on their way to visit Nong Nuch Garden in Chon Buri suffered minor injuries when their bus flipped over on a slippery road in Ayutthaya.

Driver Chawalit Yuyuen, 46, was severely injured and taken first to Muang district hospital and then to the provincial hospital.

Police said the accident happened at 4.30am on the Bangkok-bound Asia Highway in Tambon Bor Pong.

3b3d9a8c91146df7ae54446163426869.jpeg

They blamed the slippery road surface but determined from GPS records that the bus showed had been travelling at 80 kilometres per hour.

The students had departed from Ban None Yai School in Sai Ngam district, Kamphaeng Phet, at 11 pm on Wednesday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30341485

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-22

I drive already many kilometers here in Thailand and what I saw is always that the bus and trucks drivers driving especially at night very fast, I follow one bus that was driving over 120 km/h absolutely too far ...stop that kind of drivers!

I really don't understand the need for speed, as in most cars these days my car is fitted with a multi function trip computer, I used to reset all the settings prior to a long journey up past Korat to visit friends, bearing in mind that most of the journey is dual carriageway / motorway I was very surprised when I checked my average speed, it was only a little above 50 kph, heavy traffic, traffic lights and comfort breaks all take their toll, just relax, take it easy and arrive in one piece with normal BP, and how many times have you caught up with the speeding minivan or bus a little further up the road after he came roaring past you at 140 kph+ ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JOC said:

Here we go again....!!

Don't think you should use the words "skilled" and "Thai drivers"  in the same sentence.

We have been here so many times before but nothing will change.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JOC said:

Here we go again....!!

More likely dozed off as is usually the case in darkness 

• Like 1

OMG. Will there be no end to this "madness"? :whistling:

From the PM downwards there is absolutely no will or ability to deal with the road trauma! Shame on the current (and previous) Thai Government - they continue to "support" (by inaction) the killing of their citizens and tourists. Always mouthing off but never any real ongoing action.  Too dumb (totally lacking in intellect) to learn from other countries. :post-4641-1156693976:

6 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Sombat Tour are probably the best in Thailand....

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

You comment about bus drivers skills, well mate most bus drivers here do not have any driving skills.

They have never been taught any, apply for a job, question can you drive, yes boss i good driver,ok jobs yours.

Id  conclude it wasnt  just the bus  drivers but almost the entire  nation with their cavalier wayward actions

If it wasnt for traffic accidents, a lot of people on here would have very boring  lives. There is a more comment able  one to comment on, many dead. It aint gunna stop. Another reason Im leaving, roads too dangerous to travel.

6 hours ago, JOC said:

Here we go again....!!

Years ago there was an official report that the majority of double deck buses are not roadworthy because their wheelbase is too narrow.

The government acknowledged this in the report, and that is where it ended.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Image result for sombat toursimage.jpeg.069b333b79d00234392605408f665341.jpeg

If you were on this sort bus, I am not surprised you had a safe journey.

Image result for thai buses

If you happen to be on one of these types of bus, rolling discos, traveling nose to tail at 100km'h plus in the fast lane,  while the driver changes the music,  then your chances of hearing "A Stairway to Heaven" or " The Road to Hell" are excellent. 

Image result for thai buses

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

True. At least on one level.  Driving in Thailand does have the same excitement as riding the dodgem cars at the fair :laugh:

You post had me thinking back 40 years. In the USA and Canada and probably the UK, we had "demolition derbies" where drivers could smash up old cars to their hearts content. Another attraction used to be the dodge "em cars at fairgrounds and seaside resorts. Back in the days when a little risk was fun.

Thailand would do well to think about such an attraction and get some of the idiots off the highways.

After all if you smash your wreck into another wreck, you can always blame the brakes. 

36 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Reckless driving ?

Poor maintenance of the roads and the vehicle ?

Overworked drivers with ruthless hours in a shift ?

Untrained, incompetent drivers failing to drive at a speed to suit the road conditions. Pure and simple.

• Like 1