What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Now Fargo has ended, what's worth watching? I'm only left with Fearless, The Loch and Broken. The Handmaid's Tale was brilliant, but that also has finished.

Edited by giddyup

Documentary - Oklahoma City 2017

A really good watch.

IMDB: The bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City in April 1995 is the worst act of domestic terrorism in American history; this documentary explores how a series of deadly encounters between American citizens and federal law enforcement - including the standoffs at Ruby Ridge and Waco - led to it.

Documentary - Oklahoma City 2017

A really good watch.

IMDB: The bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City in April 1995 is the worst act of domestic terrorism in American history; this documentary explores how a series of deadly encounters between American citizens and federal law enforcement - including the standoffs at Ruby Ridge and Waco - led to it.

Gotta love the IMDB app...

Murdered for Being Different.

Another quality drama from the Beeb.

IMDB: On August 24, 2007, twenty-year old Sophie Lancaster was kicked to death in a park by a gang of kids. She and her boyfriend Robert Maltby were attacked because they were dressed as Goths. Sophie was murdered for being different.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, giddyup said:

Now Fargo has ended, what's worth watching? I'm only left with Fearless, The Loch and Broken. The Handmaid's Tale was brilliant, but that also has finished.

I watched the first 5 minutes of Jamestown and decided to let it run its course and download the entire series. That way, no adverts and easy viewing later.

It looked very good.

Murdered for Being Different.

Another quality drama from the Beeb.

IMDB: On August 24, 2007, twenty-year old Sophie Lancaster was kicked to death in a park by a gang of kids. She and her boyfriend Robert Maltby were attacked because they were dressed as Goths. Sophie was murdered for being different.

I remember reading this in news, true story

9 hours ago, Flustered said:

I watched the first 5 minutes of Jamestown and decided to let it run its course and download the entire series. That way, no adverts and easy viewing later.

It looked very good.

I grew up a few miles from Jamestown and visited often as a kid. Colonial Williamsburg and Yorktown were close too, so lots of historical field trips in elementary school. Looking forward to checking this series out. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Flustered said:

It looked very good.

The write ups are not good ,let us know what you think:smile:

• Like 2

Just watching this Animal Kingdom series. Bit sketchy. The grandmother is she like a female paedophile or something I feel uncomfortable with her touch feel nature with her grandson and her lack of clothes. 

Jamestown is ...ok. Entertaining but hardly great...

Recommend Silicon Valley - season 4 anout to end. 'tis very amusing indeeed, don't be put off by the IT nerd aspect of it.

Preacher is about to start season 2 - it's a slow burner that i ended up enjoying, and not only because of Ruth Negga.... mercy.

Has anyone mentioned 'The Handmaids Tale'?

or 'Making of a Murderer'....

2 minutes ago, coops said:

Jamestown is ...ok. Entertaining but hardly great...

Recommend Silicon Valley - season 4 anout to end. 'tis very amusing indeeed, don't be put off by the IT nerd aspect of it.

Preacher is about to start season 2 - it's a slow burner that i ended up enjoying, and not only because of Ruth Negga.... mercy.

Has anyone mentioned 'The Handmaids Tale'?

or 'Making of a Murderer'....

I think Handmaids Tale has been passed over by many. Unfortunate, because it's one of the best by a long shot. 

• Like 1

Forgot to mention an oldie but very, very goodie indeed...

There's been many recent excellent UK police/detective style shows ( Broadchurch, Line of Duty, Happy Valley ....) but it remnded me of the old Helen Mirren one...

And you can get Blu-ray versions now, so will introduce the wifey to the original and one and only... Prime Suspect.

• Like 2

The 1st episode of "The Mist" was of to a slow start, but picked up pace very quickly!

I have immensely high hopes for this one!

Edit:

In addition to this...

To prepare for the series, I re- watched the 2007 (?) movie!

Great B-horror/ psycho- flic with a devastating and brutal ending!

Edited by DM07
  • Like 1

Just download Season 1 boxset of Jamestown and looked at 30 mins of ep 1. For us, 8/10 and added to the hard drive for later viewing.

If like us you enjoy period dramas then this is one to watch. If you want modern  crime/detective series that America seems to be churning out at 13 to the dozen then don't bother. 

Horses for courses but we love the period dramas where you recognise some of the places that they were shot in. The historic bit just adds to the enjoyment.

Slightly more modern but a great one for Yorkshire people was the re make of Dads Army in Sunny Bridlington. A good escapist film where you do not have to think too much.

On 5/7/2017 at 10:29 PM, tukkytuktuk said:

Land of Smiles (2017)

A Young Backpacker is lured through the third world paradise of Thailand searching for her kidnapped best friend and unknowingly she becomes the object of a sociopath's obsession.

utter schlock, cant wait

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:58 AM, JSixpack said:

It's not very good. Yet spaceships, space warps, VR, androids, alternative universes, memory downloads, ray guns, and a hot, kickass Asian Canadian fem in the lead can go far to provide the needed fix to a SF fan.

Re: Dark Matter

Well I downloaded and watched Season 1... geez it was slow at times. :saai:

There were some good episodes with a bit of action but my wife keeps nodding off. :laugh:

Yes, the "hot, kickass Asian Canadian fem in the lead" does hold the whole show together.

Now... can I be convinced to download Season 2 or not?