What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

presently with Mighty Aphrodite a Woody Allen film released in 1995 (in 30min installments corresponding to my exercise bike schedule)...never did see it before, at the time of it's release I was working in Indonesia and spent my spare time immersed in flesh and awash with booze rather than at the cinema...

I always wondered why no one ever parodied the 'chorus' dramatic mechanism of the greek tragedies...

Mira Sorvino is a dish as well as a good actress...towering over Woody that made his character more nervous than usual...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

11 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

EP-2-Day-21-Sarah-meets-Hoffman-Elaine-Cassidy21_-0038.jpg

Acceptable Risk

Irish Drama Series. Excellent story and acting especially Elaine Cassidy who is a babe.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And if you like her watch her in season 1 and 2 ,season 3 comming of the cop series No Offence this is a really good series ,that only got better in season 2

15 hours ago, sharktooth said:

Tried “The Grand Tour” today. I put it off as I think the presenters are bellends. That was suitably reconfirmed this afternoon. Predictably, scripted, repetitive pish and that fat BNP dick constantly shouting “Haaaaaaaaaammmmond!”

Mega rich bellends, who had a very successful show with Top Gear and now have an equally successful show with The Grand Tour. They have to be doing something right.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Just downloaded ,start of new series of Victoria ,call the midwife and a Maigret episode with Rowan Atkinson ,for those interested they are on PB .Just downloaded ,Call the midwife, Trollied Xmas special ,, Maigret with Rowan Atkinson,and the Latest episode of Victoria , at the usual places .

Enjoyed this HBO documentary.

Underfire: The Untold Story of Pfc. Tony Vaccaro 

Summary: Tony Vaccaro, a WWII infantryman, smuggled his $47.00 portable camera into battle to create one of the most comprehensive and intimate records of the war.

[/url] The Untold Story of Pfc. Tony Vaccaro

Very interesting, thankyou Will.

Tony-Vaccaro-Underfire-IMG-8122-522x716.jpg&key=89e4a52eccf3f0f4e093a25c119e69cb2431075b2778f7ac176b4ea72a2337c6

• Like 1

au hasard balthazar, robert bresson 1966...read a lot of talk about it but never did see it...

tried it with the exercise bike in 30min installments but looks like it needs to be watched in one go...been busy lately so when things settle down I'll be able to concentrate...looks like something I saw many, many years ago inna donkey's age...and that can be frightening...

a donkey allegory...

On 12/25/2017 at 8:57 AM, giddyup said:

Mega rich bellends, who had a very successful show with Top Gear and now have an equally successful show with The Grand Tour. They have to be doing something right.

I believe the “stars” of Glee are also rich. Doesn’t make it right though... :)

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

I believe the “stars” of Glee are also rich. Doesn’t make it right though... :)

Did you miss the part about having two very successful car shows? There are parts of the show that I fast-forward, as in the celebrity driver, but for pure entertainment with drool-worthy cars, you can't beat it, but then, I like Wheeler Dealers as well as Chasing Classic Cars.

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Thought this was very good.

Summary: A mother personally challenges the local authorities to solve her daughter's murder when they fail to catch the culprit.

Thanks for the heads up.

Good movie, enjoyed it and can recommend it.

• Thanks 1

Managed to stream a near perfect cam copy of Downsizing....loved it.

Oscar bait for sure. Matt Damon, Greta Gerwig, Christoph Waltz etc...

A earnest physio therapist gets himself shrunk to 5 inches tall...so as to be able to afford a lifestyle far beyond his reach as a regular sized human....a nicely observed comedy about how the shittiness of mankind will permeate any layer you put in front of it...and how some people will still rise above all the crap.

Lovely and original  stuff.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Did you miss the part about having two very successful car shows? There are parts of the show that I fast-forward, as in the celebrity driver, but for pure entertainment with drool-worthy cars, you can't beat it, but then, I like Wheeler Dealers as well as Chasing Classic Cars.

I preferred The Garage. The one about the Scottish mechanic in the costa del sol :)

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

When did that end, 2009?

2013!

Season 3 was aired in the UK that year.

Season 1 and 2 have been repeated, but not series 3 for some reason.

'The Garage' is still open and operating in Marbella, as far as I'm aware.

On 12/27/2017 at 2:06 PM, Will27 said:

Thought this was very good.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri 

Yes- I enjoyed it also Will27---- same writer that done "In Bruges",  and "Seven Psychopaths" Martin McDonagh--I think he has only done the 3 but manages to attract a lot of stars when he does produce. Always black humour. Very well acted.

• Like 1