What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 5/30/2018 at 8:12 PM, giddyup said:

I might add that this movie amazingly was shot in a single take. 

I'm interested and will take a look.

"Russian Ark" was an amazing experiment:

MV5BMjQ0NzcwNTk0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE5

" Russian Ark (Russian: Русский ковчег, Russkij Kovcheg) is a 2002 experimental historical drama film directed by Alexander Sokurov. It was filmed entirely in the Winter Palace of the Russian State Hermitage Museum using a single 96-minute Steadicam sequence shot."

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Ark

They go up and downstairs thru 33 rooms, 2,000 extras, 3 orchestras involved.

MV5BYWQ4ZDZiMDYtMGE2Yi00ZmYwLWExYzctMzE5

Edited by JimmyJ

10 hours ago, evadgib said:

'Tracy Ulmann does the news' is back and is hilarious, and there's an unaired episode of panorama from '79 re Jeremy Thorpe going out immediately after Hugh Grants dramatisation ends this evening uk time.

Both on the beeb.

On 6/2/2018 at 5:24 PM, ivor bigun said:

The Sinner.about a woman on a day out at the beach with her husband and son all of a sudden while peeling some fruit just stabs a man to death.
A must watch.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks for this ,am on the 3rd episode ,wow its great ,so many twists and turns.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, transam said:

Found a UK fly on the wall police program, based on the work of the Bedfordshire police. You are with them from start to finish with their cases, including suspect interviews. I found it riveting, and the crap the police have to dealing with. Each episode covers something different, you name it it is covered...

Called "24 Hours in police custody"...On YouTube...

"Body in the grass' and "Body in the garden"  were good...

I couldn't believe how many suspects refuse to talk to the police, the whole interview is nothing but "no comment", and then they get given a choice for meals, "what would you like sir, the all day breakfast, the spicy chicken or the tuna pasta"? Do they come and tuck them in at night as well?

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

I couldn't believe how many suspects refuse to talk to the police, the whole interview is nothing but "no comment", and then they get given a choice for meals, "what would you like sir, the all day breakfast, the spicy chicken or the tuna pasta"? Do they come and tuck them in at night as well?

Well the UK is known as a soft touch...But the grub looks like cheap microwave stuff..

On 6/2/2018 at 5:24 PM, ivor bigun said:

The Sinner.about a woman on a day out at the beach with her husband and son all of a sudden while peeling some fruit just stabs a man to death.

Thanks ivor..... its in its 2nd series now i see....& I hadn't noticed it, ...one of the more difficult ones to find, but Magnet has the whole series download in one lump

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 10:58 AM, transam said:

Called "24 Hours in police custody"...On YouTube...

Yes its won a few Bafta awards over the years.....The first one on Series 6 is well worth a look....its hilarious.

Just now, sanuk711 said:

Yes its won a few Bafta awards over the years.....The first one on Series 6 is well worth a look....its hilarious.

I was scratching my head with a couple of episodes as to why the police didn't do "This"...But it is good watching and has really opened my eyes...Especially the "foreign" stuff they now have to deal with...

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

no comment,

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2018 at 4:30 PM, hyku1147 said:

Ballers:

image.png.e60cb0e9b3b73f81de0e5f86d3140784.png

"A superstar during his football playing days, Spencer Strasmore tries to find the same success as a financial manager for current players in sun-splashed Miami. Heeding his boss Joe's instruction to "monetize his friendships," Spencer builds a client base of young phenoms and veteran stars alike, but his role in their lives far exceeds money management as he struggles to help them navigate the many traps that come with life as big-time "ballers." The series is created by Stephen Levinson ("Entourage," "Boardwalk Empire") and stars Dwayne Johnson as Spencer."

Not bad, but Rap Rubbish  does my head in.

New from HBO TVShow - Succession

Follows a dysfunctional American global-media family

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7660850/

Watched first episode will hang in there a bit longer.

Movie - The Mercy (2018)

The incredible story of amateur sailor Donald Crowhurst and his solo attempt to circumnavigate the globe. The struggles he confronted on the journey while his family awaited his return is one of the most enduring mysteries of recent times.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3319730/

Enjoyed this crazy true story

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2018 at 7:18 PM, Fruit Trader said:

Movie - The Mercy (2018)

The incredible story of amateur sailor Donald Crowhurst and his solo attempt to circumnavigate the globe. The struggles he confronted on the journey while his family awaited his return is one of the most enduring mysteries of recent times.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3319730/

Enjoyed this crazy true story

I was just going to suggest this movie but you beat me to it   :thumbsup:

Did anyone watch Britains got talent ,there was so much about the winner the lost voice , the disabled comedian who cannot talk but uses an i pad ,

well i gave it a go , to be honest he was not at all funny , i do feel sorry that he has these problems and was mildly amusing ,but i reckon he only won because it was P.C.

Edited by bert bloggs

Did anyone watch Britains got talent ,there was so much about the winner the lost voice , the disabled comedian who cannot talk but uses an i pad ,

well i gave it a go , to be honest he was not at all funny , i do feel sorry that he has these problems and was mildly amusing ,but i reckon he only won because it was P.C.

Yes, I tend to agree, whilst I admire the guy and feel he certainly has a talent for humour I was was put off by the judges exaggerated laughter and looking round at the audience for approval .

There seemed to be a “ this guy is kinda funny but come on people let’s make him win “ feel about it .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

I was just going to suggest this movie but you beat me to it   :thumbsup:

There's also the documentary called "Deep Water" about Crowhurst. He was an unbelievably selfish man as well as being ill-prepared and a liar. Hardly a hero by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 2

There's also the documentary called "Deep Water" about Crowhurst. He was an unbelievably selfish man as well as being ill-prepared and a liar. Hardly a hero by any stretch of the imagination.

There’s also been some good books about this event.
BTW have you seen the latest movie on the big screen...or is it out on DVD yet?

57 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Do you mean "The Mercy"? Yes, seen it as a download, it's quite good, never really gives any insight as to why he did what he did, but I prefer the documentary.

Do you mean "The Mercy"? Yes, seen it as a download, it's quite good, never really gives any insight as to why he did what he did, but I prefer the documentary.

Yes, I meant “The Mercy”. Thanks will download. Not expecting anything revealing. Happy just to watch a yachting movie with a fav actor (C.Firth).

Book/s gave me full insight about why he did it. And yes, doc was v. good.

1 hour ago, Gregster said:

Just downloaded "The strange last voyage of Donald Crowhurst", a book about the event.

• Like 1