What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I hear the content in Thailand is still very limited/ Is that the case? Anyone have it and have any comments on the content? Still at only 12% of American content?

I find that there’s plenty of content on the Thai Netflix and the added bonus is it’s safe to download or stream. I never seem to run of stuff to watch on it. $8 per month, can’t really beat it.

Just watched the first 2 episodes of "Who is America", with Sacha Baron Cohen,

I thought it was funny and eye opening, but i dont think Americans will ,at least

not the right.

Jack Irish, an Oz detective series ,worth a watch and Harlots season 2 , ditto,

regards worgeordie

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2018 at 7:58 PM, mogandave said:

Just saw Ocean’s 8 at Paragon, really enjoyed it...

I tend to avoid films that are foisted upon us by the me too movement. I do like an occasionally chick flick. But this one looked way too contrived. I would see it for $7,500 though. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

I tend to avoid films that are foisted upon us by the me too movement. I do like an occasionally chick flick. But this one looked way too contrived. I would see it for $7,500 though. 

That's a lot to pay to watch a film. I saw it for free, still not really worth the money compared to the earlier ones.

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

That's a lot to pay to watch a film. I saw it for free, still not really worth the money compared to the earlier ones.

What I am suggesting is that if the producers of the film were willing to pay me $7,500 US, I might consider seeing the film. I feel that way about alot of films. 

I thought it was funny and eye opening, but i dont think Americans will ,at least
not the right.

Jack Irish, an Oz detective series ,worth a watch and Harlots season 2 , ditto,
regards worgeordie

Think I'll watch this at the weekend. Along with some episodes of Have I got News for You and Room 101.

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

It does help if people are specific about what they recommend, it also helps to get the name right.

hw many clues do you want?

I said the name right, i said it was spanish...actually it is catalonian....a strange sounding version of spanish,

basque probably....great stuff right up there with the scandi series.

Night and Day...aka Nit i Dia.....Sno has dropped it on the usual channels.

57 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

hw many clues do you want?

I said the name right, i said it was spanish...actually it is catalonian....a strange sounding version of spanish,

basque probably....great stuff right up there with the scandi series.

Night and Day...aka Nit i Dia.....Sno has dropped it on the usual channels.

Let me remind you what I responded to "3 episodes in to Night & Day....enjoying it a lot."  Your comment.(#11203)

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Night & day is a hugh tin shed in Issan, full of bars and girls.....or is that Day & Night.

Doesn't matter my post will probably be deleted as being off topic again...........

It was the happiest day of my life. Arrived at church. wife waiting at altar. Walked up the aisle. Kissed her on the cheek, smiled and closed the F,,,,,,,,,,,g lid.

• Haha 2

On 7/5/2018 at 12:00 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Just stumbled across what appears to be an excellent Catalan tv series.

Nit I Dia (Night and Day)

It's been airing on Walter Presents...so I hope Sno will be dropping it any day now.

@Giddy

It is not my fault if you have not seen this...you are a regular visitor to this thread.

Edited by JHolmesJr

22 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

@Giddy

It is not my fault if you have not seen this...you are a regular visitor to this thread.

True, but the post you show is from nearly 3 months ago, I barely remember what I had for breakfast. BTW, I wasn't the only one who was confused as to what series you were talking about.

39 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Its not 3 months ago....its 5 July....18 days ago....

Ahh! You have your dates arse backwards. The civilised world uses the ddmmyy format. Just kidding.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

The civilised world uses the ddmmyy format.

apparently this forum does not.

Night & Day aired on Walter Presents on 30 June....no one knew that in May.

Edited by JHolmesJr

Tv series - Castle Rock

Enjoyed episode 1.

The first 3 episodes are out there now.

Summary: Based on the stories of Stephen King, the series will intertwine characters and themes from the fictional town of Castle Rock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Just saw the new Mission Impossible

Wow $us178 million budget......I guess that's another 10 million to  Scientology .

Don't have an Imax in Issan..Barn Nook---so guess I have to wait to steal it in a few weeks time.......(sure Tom wont mind)

On 7/24/2018 at 10:12 AM, worgeordie said:

not the right.

I can't watch it, so cringy. I am not sure who they get people to be like that, there has got to be some serious deception involved. It feels like entrapment.

• Like 1

I can't watch it, so cringy. I am not sure who they get people to be like that, there has got to be some serious deception involved. It feels like entrapment.

Of course there is serious deception. They are required to sign crafty release forms. But the smarter people mostly get that it's BS like Ted Koppel and Bernie Sanders.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

44 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

There  American,need i say more, sort of entrapment,but they

go along with it.put them in front of a camera and they will do

anything, i thought at first they were not real people,that it

was a set up, but then he had Dick Cheney on also making

a fool of himself.

regards worgeordie