What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Does anyone believe "Better Call Saul" will continue after next season 5? I speculate a new show will happen showing Saul after Breaking Bad. If you watched Better Call Saul you saw the opening scene of the first season with Saul working in a Coffee/donut shop in a mall. I believe that had a reason.....stay tuned.

20 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Last night "The Spy Gone North" at the London Film Festival.

34 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

'Believer' at the London Film Festival 2018 Weds evening Tottenham Court Road Odeon. Remake of Johnny To movie 'Drug War'. Director Lee Hae-young  Entertaining film!

Thanks! These look to be two very good movies, especially 'The Spy Gone North'. I hope they soon will be available 'at the usual places'.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

For any that like Chinese films,they are good stories usually,and this one is really good,its a few years old but give it a try.
Raise the red lantern.

+1 !!

I bought 'Raise the Red Lantern' when it was first released on DVD and Eng subtitles were included. I would also recommend 'Beyond Rangoon' and 'Rabbit Proof Fence'.

Edited by luwahn
  • Like 2

Watched the Martin Scorcese movie "Mean Streets" last night and didn't remember any of it so it should have been like a first time viewing...………...but I thought it was terribly disappointing, with some poor acting and obvious ad-libbing, and quite a few times Harvey Kietel couldn't help but crack a hint of a smile even in the serious bits.

And the ending was a non event IMO.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Does anyone believe "Better Call Saul" will continue after next season 5? I speculate a new show will happen showing Saul after Breaking Bad. If you watched Better Call Saul you saw the opening scene of the first season with Saul working in a Coffee/donut shop in a mall. I believe that had a reason.....stay tuned.

It is suppose to be 6 years prior to BB.

So, I think a 6th would be right.

We will see it is so great I hope they figure out something.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 8:36 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Gosh EVENKEEL  the last episode got 9.6 rating ....I hope it continues to run, it really is a good series, I hope they show more of the BB side, but what they have shown puts a lot of BB into context.

Just watched the "Iceman" good movie,no dialog unless

you can speak Cro-Magnon,its a story of what might have

happened to OTZI, the iceman,found with an arrow in his

back,with all his goods,in a glacier not too long ago.

regards wogeordie

• Like 1

Three episodes into The Informer, a new 6 part show on bbc. Seems all episodes are out.

Starts out a bit slow but picks up nicely...for those who like a slow burn. Paddy Considine

is not so horrible in this. 7 out of 10 stars from me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Three episodes into The Informer, a new 6 part show on bbc. Seems all episodes are out.

Starts out a bit slow but picks up nicely...for those who like a slow burn. Paddy Considine

is not so horrible in this. 7 out of 10 stars from me.

Yup, only seen ep 1 & it's seems ok.

Can't see where to d/l them all though?

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Just watched the "Iceman" good movie,no dialog unless

you can speak Cro-Magnon,its a story of what might have

happened to OTZI, the iceman,found with an arrow in his

back,with all his goods,in a glacier not too long ago.

regards wogeordie

Thanks for the info...…..watched it last night and enjoyed it!

• Like 1

Tv series - Professor T

This one was a little slow to start with but now I'm really enjoying it.
All 13 episodes available with hard coded subs.

Summary: The eccentric professor Jasper Teerlinck is advisor to the police. A successful cooperation, although he drives his fellow man crazy.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/walter-presents/videos/all/walter-presents-professor-t/5438105719001 

Channel BBC Four

54 Hours The Gladbeck Hostage Crisis

In German with English subtitles.

S01E01 (20 Oct 2018) Acclaimed two-part series based on the true story of an unprecedented hostage crisis which shocked Germany in the summer of 1988. Two robbers hold up a bank and demand free passage from the police while taking bank employees hostage.

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2018 at 10:01 AM, sanuk711 said:

Blood.... Is a new 6 part thriller. (1st last night) made in Ireland---sold into the UK and USA....... its all in English IMDB has not picked up on it yet .

This seems OK......lots of well known people ("head pf line of duty".....etc) worth a look 2 episodes out at the moment.

Just wrapped up a nice doco called American Chaos.....abut a poor befuddled Hillary supporter who cant for the life of him figure out what made donald trump win....it paints a picture of establishment democrats so out of touch with the core of the country. The bits where the maker almost cries were very satisfying.

• Thanks 1

Tv series - Pod Prikritie AKA Undercover

Was hoping this series from Bulgaria would eventually turn up with subs.
Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes.

All 12 episodes are available now.

Summary: The specially trained agent Martin has been appointed to the most dangerous mission in Bulgaria - to
go undercover in the gang of the mafia boss Dzharo.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Just wrapped up a nice doco called American Chaos.....abut a poor befuddled Hillary supporter who cant for the life of him figure out what made donald trump win....it paints a picture of establishment democrats so out of touch with the core of the country. The bits where the maker almost cries were very satisfying.

I thought that was just a remake of HG Wells' Time Machine where Trump leads the Republican Morlocks to victory over the Democratic Party Eloi.

On 10/21/2018 at 1:24 PM, sanuk711 said:

This seems OK......lots of well known people ("head pf line of duty".....etc) worth a look 2 episodes out at the moment.

Where is this available, can't find it anywhere?