VIDEO: Here's why motorcyclists should always wear a helmet

Not quite right the Police are supposed to enforce the law and totally ignore the lack of helmets the teachers are there to teach and should do so. Parents are totally resposible for their children leaving home on a bike wiithout a helmet . But to do any of the above you have todo your job and give a f..k

They are children’s role-models (rightly or wrongly) and riding to work without helmets is negligent and irresponsible behavior in the same way as rolling up pissed IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

But for every lucky ending there is a hundred unlucky ones.

The brain is such a fragile item floating within our heads. I have learnt this recently after having a very slow collision with a feral dog. I have also been very lucky thanks to Ubon hospital staff.

I think school teachers (Thai & Farang) should get double fines by police for being bad influences to kids.

Rant over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

School teachers should be fired if they arrive at school without a helmet on, parents should be sent home if they arrive without their own or their child's helmet on, however instead we hear schools claim it is not their responsibility, that it is a matter for the police.  It is absolute insanity that a school can believe they have the right to deny entry to a child who has the wrong the wrong socks on but not to one riding a motorbike underage, without a licence and without even a helmet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

School teachers should be fired if they arrive at school without a helmet on, parents should be sent home if they arrive without their own or their child's helmet on, however instead we hear schools claim it is not their responsibility, that it is a matter for the police.  It is absolute insanity that a school can believe they have the right to deny entry to a child who has the wrong the wrong socks on but not to one riding a motorbike underage, without a licence and without even a helmet.

Yes I agree with you. Too many people in Thailand think it's someone else duty to sort things. I have never shit myself so much sitting in the passenger seat of a car, just watching what's happening on the roads in Isaan

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dougiemac57 said:

No. You should wear a helmet because the law says so. If you choose to flaunt the rules you deserve what is coming and there is nothing the Buddha can do about it

It's against the law for me to paint my house in Thailand...

Guess what.... ?

• Like 2

The only unusual think for me in that video (couldn't see the original OP posted so thanks to the poster for the longer link) was that the container lorry actually stopped and stayed there - although did not notice the driver getting out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has no one noticed that his helmet is not the standard cheap helmet?

Its a full face quality helmet. 

A standard Thai approved helmet, would have been crushed and the motor cyclist deceased.

Just because the helmet has a Thai standard stamp, does not mean its a quality helmet.

Anyone familiar with Thai helmets knows the difference, and must pay for quality helmets, like the the one in the video that saved his life.

A life is worth the money to get a quality full face helmet.

A classic example of "me first" mindset here for the sake of a few minutes. This guy is certainly living on borrowed time & definitely heading towards the morgue unless he changes his ways. Locals just can't seem to understand the logic of waiting for the road to clear. A clear exit so you can visibly see ahead is so important, but just a small gap without a clear exit & they'll go for it, irrespective of the danger ........ even a truck with articulated trailer is no deterrent ....... absolutely mental.. The standard of driving/riding here is appalling & everyone does what they think is right for them ........ it's risky on the roads here, Don't ever try to change the "mindset" here ............ it's pointless & when the "loss of face" situation arises you are risking your very existence. A few deep breaths is all that's needed  ........... it could save your life. 

Edited by Daveyh
typo

I have a scooter and a car. I ride the scooter under restricted conditions, such as:

I don't use it at night.

I always use the scooter lane if available.

I don't go much above 40 km/hr

I'm in close contact with my rear-vision mirrors

Mostly use it for city streets where the traffic is slow anyway.

Helmet AND eye protection.

9 years on a scooter here without an accident. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Never mind the wear a helmet, wear an approved one also he wouldn't of tested it if he hadn't of made such a stupid maneuver he was asking for trouble.

How about improving the bad riding of so many. 

The majority of deaths from falls is two to four feet, you can be setting on a bike and not moving fall over and could be dead or serious injury. This includes wearing a helmet or without. You do not just need to hit your head but there other parts of the body that can be damaged in a fall that will kill you. That guy was one lucky dude, I wonder what it was like to here that helmet deforming by the way what brand was it.

8 hours ago, CGW said:

Well done, if you are going to wear a helmet, wear a good one! most helmets worn in Thailand serve only the function of avoiding a fine, they afford little to no actual protection, mind - wearing a helmet, no matter how good the quality, increases the risk of neck injuries substantially!  :shock1:

Whats more scary to a Thai?? a  crushed  skull OR the new 1 point on your licence????

3 hours ago, lucjoker said:

lucky there was no brain in his head , tomorrow he will try to

do this again !

That IS the  most staggering part to me and you really do see it again and again.

• Thanks 1

Before the Thai bashers get too carried away - this was in the Philippines.  And one poster on a motorcycling forum was saying that the poor guy died later.

He miss-judged a gap and clipped the curb, a deadly mistake he'll never make again.  But be honest, are we all perfect riders and drivers?