Any legal issues running an older car in Thailand?

simon43

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"...the Sierra never had a 1500cc..."

I know, that's why I suggested it's engine could have been used after you changed your mind to your mate's not being 1500cc.

Eeeeer, it was a 1500+cc engine..But if you are looking for an argument over trivialities then go look for your Mrs....?

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 12:26 PM, KhunAussie52 said:

I have a 2004 Ford ranger space cab and a 2003 Honda civic, both insured for 300,000 baht, Platinum insurance policy. I pay 9000 for the ford and 8800 for the civic. no inspection when renewed. Both inspected annually, In Surin. The inspection is a bloody joke.

I've got a '93 Mitsu Cyclone and can't get 1st class through my insurance company, which is fine with me.  I can replace the beast out of pocket without missing any meals. 

I keep 10,000,000 baht in liability and maxed out on limits for medical coverage in case of accident.  Just paid the 3,600 (+/-) baht annual premium this month.  

Edit:  Full disclosure- it started out at 5,500 baht a year and goes down each year.  I assume it's because I haven't filed any claims in the 6 years I've insured it.

Edited by impulse

43 minutes ago, transam said:

Nooo,  was jesting, think it had the 1598cc, could even have been smaller..But the 6300cc really did improve the 0-60 times....

The early Cortina did have a 1500cc option which was replaced with a better 1600cc cross flow engine, the Sierra never had a 1500cc, it had many engine options though..

I used to have a Ford Corsair Mk 1 GT with a 1500 cc engine but the Mk 2 models had a 1600 and upwards V4 engine. I later bought a 1968 Corsair 2000 E model which was great until it got stolen in 1975 in Kingston Upon Thames. It was recovered minus the genuine sheepskin seat covers, tools and other odds and sods the week before the insurance would have paid up on it. It was found 7 miles away parked on the street and it hab British Forces Germany number plates and no UK tax on it.