Looking at importing my Audi to Thailand from uk,anyone can do this and get the blue book too,I know there is tax to pay but it’s second hand 2003

23 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Why buy in LOS? Are the cars RHD, cheaper than Thailand? What happens when you bring it to Thailand? Are you subject to the 300% import fees??

LOS rides are right hand drive, and for sure I wouldn't want to drive a left hand drive in LOS dealing with the road antics here. Customs put their own valuation on rides and then top up with daft import duties, then when you get past that lot you have to try and get a blue book for it so you can road tax it and pay the gov compulsory insurance which one must have.

In the past I have read here blokes abandoning their imported ride with customs because of the cash demands..

• Like 2

Of course you can. You have some choices. Strip your car down and send it over in pieces. Not all at the same time or send it over and pay a huge amount of import tax or bribe an official and hope they don't ask for more or arrest you. Simple.?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, giddyup said:

Maybe, but not one that's been asked a hundred times before.

But folk may not know it has been asked a hundred times before, your comment frightens folk away from this forum. fear of being criticised..

• Haha 1

Billy ignore the comments. 

Many of us have had an old car - be it a jag or MG etc that we cherished and wanted to bring to the Kingdom. 

If you have lots of money - OK - but the import tax situation is just ridiculous.

The whole system is to protect the local car industry and to prevent ‘grey ‘ imports especially from Japan where they drive on the same side. 

On another very important note - what happens if a small widget breaks in say the fuel injection system- I have a suspicion your local Audi dealer ( if there is one) is not going to move heaven and earth to source a new one from Germany.

So your car might be off the road for a while.

Its just not a sensible move . 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Billy Hua Hin said:

Why are people slagging me off,I’ve been here 13 years and asking a normal question,things do change and I’m looking to see if they have,you know where you can put your stupid comments emoji90.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

13 years here and asking this !!!

Smart and friendly ! A real champion ! hahaha

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Billy Hua Hin said:

Can someone close this thread like a lot of them it ends in a slanging match!

it only ends up the way you deserve ! hahahaha

Cannot stop laughing, 2003 audi !!! wow !!! hahahaha

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

But folk may not know it has been asked a hundred times before, your comment frightens folk away from this forum. fear of being criticised..

Well, you are going to have your work cut out monitoring the negative comments on this forum, I count quite a few just on this post.  . 

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2018 at 12:05 AM, Billy Hua Hin said:

And you know this how?

the info and experiences of people are well documented on 'any' forum to do with LOS.

in two words the consolidated wisdom of many is.....dont bother.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2018 at 11:37 PM, Billy Hua Hin said:

Looking at importing my Audi to Thailand from uk

the second thing I wanted to do when I started thinking about moving to Thailand was to bring a custom restored CJ-5 Jeep from California and ship it to Thailand. Took 10 minutes to see it was not going to happen.

Thailand is the land of mediocre cars because of the crazy tax.

So now I only do the first thing i wanted to do. :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2018 at 9:18 AM, zoza said:

you can always spot the Newby when this old chestnut gets wheeled out again...…….can they never check first.

On 8/26/2018 at 11:13 AM, transam said:

But I like them asking, newbie or not because stuff may change....☺️

That's right Transam.

If a TV poster gets upset about the topic being posted again, I recommend he simply skip opening  it.  No need for bullying.

• Like 1