Thai woman shows her speeding fines but is still able to renew her insurance

webfact

Thai woman shows her speeding fines but is still able to renew her insurance

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Netizens were debating the case of a woman who went on Facebook to show she had about a dozen speeding fines.

But she said she was still able to renew her insurance.

She said she had lots more tickets at home - this was just the tip of the iceberg.

"I don't know why they keep sending them to me - my car is not beautiful," she said.

Netizens wondered how she was able to renew her insurance while some said she wouldn't be unable to renew her vehicle tax if she did not pay up.

Others said the issues were separate matters.

Sanook said that earlier in the year Maj Gen Ekkarak Limsangkat had said that police have no right to confiscate the vehicle registration book as this was a matter for the Department of Land Transport.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-30

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

Netizens wondered how she was able to renew her insurance while some said she wouldn't be unable to renew her vehicle tax if she did not pay up.

The insurance companies will collect the money, but I'm betting in the fine print on the insurance policy it says they will not pay if her vehicle is not legit.

45 minutes ago, webfact said:

"I don't know why they keep sending them to me - my car is not beautiful," she said.

More Thai logic, It's because you were speeding love,it's as simple as that.

reards worgeordie

Only comes to show that road rules in Thailand is only on advisory level and not a must obey rules, people still in the opinion that the law and penalties can be disregarded and scoffed at and at worst, pay someone to fix the problem,

re-educations of young drivers of the need to obey and observe the rule of road laws is a must to teach them that this is not a joke...

Really it should be your driving license that should be revoked after receiving so many speeding tickets. In fact I'm sure I read that Thailand  was toying with the idea of a points system on your license for motoring offences. But of course the cynics will always argue that a confiscated license would make little difference here.

10 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Really it should be your driving license that should be revoked after receiving so many speeding tickets. In fact I'm sure I read that Thailand  was toying with the idea of a points system on your license for motoring offences. But of course the cynics will always argue that a confiscated license would make little difference here.

On a speeding ticket in the post it does say Former / current / total demerit points. But that is left blank of course.

20 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Only comes to show that road rules in Thailand is only on advisory level and not a must obey rules, people still in the opinion that the law and penalties can be disregarded and scoffed at and at worst, pay someone to fix the problem,

re-educations of young drivers of the need to obey and observe the rule of road laws is a must to teach them that this is not a joke...

And the only way to do that is by hitting them hard where it hurts most, in the pocket.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The logic here is astoundingly selfish sometimes.

Reminds me of a girl I used to talk to here. She told me once she got drunk the night before a drove home. I lambasted her for doing so and said she could have seriously hurt or killed someone. She quipped back, "why are you worried about them? What about me, ha ha??"

Sometimes all you can do is shake your head and walk away. 

56 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

'Toying', 'Pondering' and 'Mulling' are the only things they are any good at, apart from setting up 'Committee's' and 'Panels' !

1 hour ago, missoura said:

The insurance companies will collect the money, but I'm betting in the fine print on the insurance policy it says they will not pay if her vehicle is not legit.

All the thinking is based on the driver never on the innocent person the unlicenced/uninsured driver hits.

As is so often posted there is no thought given to others only the 'me.'

Only when the 'me' gets their car impounded and returned on production of licence, insurance or road tax that was missing will some, and I mean some not all, start to begin to understand what responsibility really means.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

..... starting in M1 at high school.

First lessons, the need for law and order to build and maintain a civil society. Equal application of the law, human rights etc.

Then on the traffic laws / license laws etc...

Then driving lessons as part of school curriculum, strongly emphasizing the traffic laws, need and importance of good driving behavior, with lots of short videos to show clearly what is right and what is not OK and the hideous consequences.

Start tomorrow........ not holding my breath. 

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

'Toying', 'Pondering' and 'Mulling' are the only things they are any good at, apart from setting up 'Committee's' and 'Panels' !

nothing beats a good old fashioned ''Probe''..

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

..... starting in M1 at high school.

First lessons, the need for law and order to build and maintain a civil society. Equal application of the law, human rights etc.

Then on the traffic laws / license laws etc...

Then driving lessons as part of school curriculum, strongly emphasizing the traffic laws, need and importance of good driving behavior, with lots of short videos to show clearly what is right and what is not OK and the hideous consequences.

Start tomorrow........ not holding my breath. 

I never had driving lessons at school. Been driving for 56 years. Couple of speeding tickets that's all!

5 hours ago, BEVUP said:
6 hours ago, webfact said:

I don't know why they keep sending them to me - my car is not beautiful," she said. 

Says it all

Have you considered that she actually might have been making a joke about it, as in, "my car is ugly so why keep taking pictures of it"?

8 hours ago, meechai said:

True in Thailand it is the car not the driver insurance is based on

That is why when you sell a car the insurance can go with it regardless of new owner reputation/history etc

That explains why they keep reporting that it's the buses and the cars that lose control, not the drivers I guess!!

7 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Sounds like the RTP have just been the usual useless sods they are, and havn't passed on information to the insurance agency......would we expect anything more?

Fine point. Even in UK if you haven't been convicted and fined there is no need to inform the insurance company.

Archived