Help! Ripped Off

peibol77

Name them online. It will get a resolution. Dont be scared. These idiots are exactly that. No one will care. If they have to steal your money they dont have money to take you to court for defamation. The judge would throw it out and infact it would never get to court  The lawyer would sort it financially if the police hadnt. 

You can getother people to bad mouth there fb page with no reference to you specifically.

you have transfer reciepts so i dont see how the police wouldnt do anything. If you had any sort of contracts sorted that would be great but any converations are just that. Offer the bib a reward while showing your frustration so it can be a sort of an jokingly type of indirect bribe. usually works.

I have managed to get 500,000 back from mafia land/house idiots. Police were no option so i stalked and spooked them until they gave in. Even got a nice set of golf clubs. Problem with this method is youll have to act in a bad situation so best avoided if you doubt your ability to do so. In my case the people knew me and wanted to employ me as an off the books driver and body guard so they knew i was capable of causing damage and i knew the entire operation as i was living with them for almost a year so best to keep there hands clean.

7 minutes ago, murraynz said:

your point is very well made--there are many people on TV  who seem 'to know it all'---usually people who have done f...all....  and many others that seem to know all about things , that they clearly-havent done....amazing....

Yep, problem with the unnecessary "poking" comments is that we don't get feedback from OP after because they're pissed off and the topic goes dead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, jackdd said:

I would go to their shop/office and have a talk with them in person

If they don't agree to give you the money back while you are there i would call the police and see if this helps.

If this does not help you can try to contact the consumer protection board, maybe they can help.

In case this all doesn't help anything you can decide if you want to get a lawyer involved, but the question will be if that's worth it

If you go to their office if they have one), don't go alone:

- Personal safety.

- A witness to what was said, what was agreed, etc.

If there is some agreement ensure there is full clarity about amounts of money, dates, locations, equipment details to ensure there is no chance of later misunderstanding about what bike etc.

In fact if they seem agreeable write it all down on the spot on any piece of paper, and ask them to sign it and you sign and ensure you have at least a smartphone copy.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, peibol77 said:

By the way, I have been in Thailand more than 20 times. And spend a lot of time here. I was just 2 months back in Spain and thought why not get me a treat for when I come back.

But don't let my stupid comments spoil your self-righteousness and superior knowledge of life. Enjoy it in all its glory.

Tragedy.

Yea....I know....stupid comment

21 hours ago, peibol77 said:

Committing mistakes is part of life, worgeordie. So I certainly plan on learning from this one.

It's not as much the money that worries me, I have enough. It's the principle. I want these dudes to give me the money back AND learn a lesson. Not sure how to do that yet, but I'll keep searching for options.

You have a nice day.

You know that you have made a mistake,  so really....... what "advice" do you think anyone here can give you ?

I will tell you what I suggest , but i do not think it is what you want to hear :  TAKE YOUR LOSS AND MOVE ON !

Thinking that you can teach them a lesson is going to be another BIG mistake if you go that route.  Note:  do not believe that a farang can never win in Thailand.  There are some cases ( traffic accidents) where the police can be fair no matter what a few posters say).   BUT in cases like yours chances are about 5 % that it will turn out well,  and a lot higher that

you will cause yourself a lot more aggravation,  and probably open up another can of worms where you will be taken advantage of .   Just like when you want to punch that big bully in the mouth....sometimes it is wiser just to walk away.

The choice is yours, of course.   You don't have to believe the posters that suggest this

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

have managed to get 500,000 back from mafia land/house idiots. Police were no option so i stalked and spooked them until they gave in. Even got a nice set of golf clubs. Problem with this method is youll have to act in a bad situation so best avoided if you doubt your ability to do so. In my case the people knew me and wanted to employ me as an off the books driver and body guard so they knew i was capable of causing damage and i knew the entire operation as i was living with them for almost a year so best to keep there hands clean.

OK !  here is the answer.  contact this poster to settle the matter for you !

• Haha 2

As stated above, get all documentation you have together, then make a police report in person. Any further contact you should be careful to note down. If possible get names and addresses, though these will probably be false. The money may well be gone, but to me at least, it would be worth intimating to the police that a donation would be possible if they recover all or part of your money. Don't mention a figure though, that should come later when the notes are back in your clammy fist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

Never have I read such unhelpful comments on someone's problems before.

The poor guy was just seeking help and not one comment was helpful in any way 

The comment above yours was helpful. 

hiw much energy do you think he hav to use to find out that these guys hardly have any money at all. 

Should he chase them all around Thailand?

The best advice is here already.

Go with a friend to the office. Take a file folder with you to demonstrate you are keeping all records. Dont take originals with you, but show that you have kept records from the beginning.

The purpose of your visit is to get answers, which you will write down in your notebook marked 'Benelli purchase'

Dont make threats, dont tell them what you intend to do. your actions are message enough. Be safe.

If the office is closed take pictures and date and time.

Once you have done that you can decide whether to cross the Rubicon and go to the police and file a report or accept you have been scammed, or, possibly even resolotion.

Remember it is always one of the 2 c's.  It is either a cock up or a conspiracy, my money is on the former in your case.

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

and your "helpful comment" would be what ?

Well, i admit that my comments on this topic were not very helpful.

But i want to make up for it, so, if this story is true, i would recommend to the OP to read Thai Visa Forum for 1 year or so, before any other "investment", that way he could save a lot of money.

• Like 1

I don't understand what is the problem here. What do you do if someone act like this in your home country?

You report it to the police!!! Or not?

And why you doesn't do it here? You can show the mails, transfer bill, ... communication on facebook, line, ... !!!

It will be easy for the police to catch this scammers.

If you do NOTHING they will learn that it is easy to scam others out of their money and not have consequences.

So this scams will going on.

The police will work better on it if you report it also to a reporter. ????

Edited by snowgard

11 minutes ago, snowgard said:

I don't understand what is the problem here. What do you do if someone act like this in your home country?

ok, i will try to help you understand .  THIS IS NOT YOUR HOME COUNTRY.  Did that help?   i didn't think so..

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Prometheus33 said:

Go to the nearest police station and file a criminal case against the culprits .. Believe me this IS your best option  !! 

Maybe he can just mail the money to them ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I would first contact the consumer protection board I believe they are located at CW. I have heard good things about their ability to help expats in rip off situations. Worth a visit to them IMO. Good luck and hope you get your money back. Also if that does not work I would report it to the police and perhaps you can contact your embassy for some Thai contact individuals to help you.  

14 minutes ago, rumak said:

ok, i will try to help you understand .  THIS IS NOT YOUR HOME COUNTRY.  Did that help?   i didn't think so..

For sure not!!! Only a stupid idiot think like this.

You have almost the same rights as Thais.

But only if you stand up for your rights.

5 minutes ago, snowgard said:

For sure not!!! Only a stupid idiot think like this.

You have almost the same rights as Thais.

But only if you stand up for your rights.

OK  Rambo .......  

3 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Hard to understand critical comments of the OP on this forum. He was a victim of fraud which is stressful and hurtful and is asking for help. That is one of the great things about this TFV is asking for help. Hindsight is always 20/20 - no need for criticism and sarcasm pointed toward the OP please. 

Have you "cut and pasted" this comment ?    Jeez,  you are not going to go on ANY  thai based forum without criticism and sarcasm .  Sometimes warranted,  sometimes not.    You seem wise...should know you gotta take the good with the bad .    Even Buddhism teaches us that  ????

22 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Apparently your internet skills are bigger than your common sense.

Do you expect to be complimented for your business skills ?

Honestly, i find hard to believe that one can be so dumb :coffee1:

If there was a "Things Never to Do in Thailand 101" , this dumb mistake would be one of the first ones picked.

Sorry OP,  I doubt anyone is getting any pleasure (I'd prefer a million other ways for that) in the situation you're in but seriously.....

Edited by Straight8

This link will give you another angle on this. 

https://www.siam-legal.com/litigation/civil-case-thailand.php

Nobody would go to a lawyer for 65,000 baht, but a higher figure may be a civil action would be an option, though a tough one.

Civil actions are lawsuits where a party sues another for the enforcement or protection of a right, or the prevention or redress of a wrong.
Civil cases generally cover property and business disputes, personal domestic controversies, divorces, torts, and such other types where a party's rights are breached.  You will need the Police to identify the Perps. So I suppose it has to be Police first in any case, If nothing is resolved, then civil action.

Sadly Thailand is renowned for ripping off people even I have gone through the experience and it’s not very nice when someone comes up with the sarcastic answer “ A Fool and His Money “ I can only suggest that you take your complaint and proof of your payment to these people to the Tourist police they maybe able to recover your funds. I hope that things work out for you .