The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

I fear for any manager taking over at United we will end up in the same cycle he will do well the first year the board will not back then he gets the sack, back to square one,

It's time someone had a look at Woodward he's the one who keeps hiring these guys.

If you are not going to back the manager with the players the manager wants whats the point.

Lets see the next game how Ole handles this, you just got battered 6-1 at home and he goes with the same team, No Martial, No Cavani he cant play, 

You can just imagine Woodward saying to Ole you cant have Sancho but we've got you Cavani, <deleted> cheers, does that not smack of desperation? that deal could have been done months ago nobody else wanted him and now he would have been playing, 

Whatever you want to say about Ole I reckon he knows more about football than the whole of that board put together.

Another name being thrown in the hat is Julian Nagelsmann 

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Another name being thrown in the hat is Julian Nagelsmann 

If you could get him, he will be in high demand soon. 

I don't understand how, year after year Woodward gets away with it. Surely, it is known, it is obvious when millions are spent for little return and the turn over rate of failing managers, 2 of which were highly successful at big clubs. Why does he get away with it? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

If you could get him, he will be in high demand soon. 

I don't understand how, year after year Woodward gets away with it. Surely, it is known, it is obvious when millions are spent for little return and the turn over rate of failing managers, 2 of which were highly successful at big clubs. Why does he get away with it? 

It baffles me, 

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Screenshot_20201013-112635_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

There are players that need to be got rid of but it's not possible

Somehow Rojo survived the chop, and apparently it was because we turned down offers, rather than couldn't shift him. A bit like Bailly, when he's injury free and on song, he's a good, quick, hard tackling defender. I wonder whether Ole will give him one last chance (contract ending June 2021 I think).

I can only assume Jones didn't have any takers, as he isn't anywhere near the subs bench these days. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Somehow Rojo survived the chop, and apparently it was because we turned down offers, rather than couldn't shift him. A bit like Bailly, when he's injury free and on song, he's a good, quick, hard tackling defender. I wonder whether Ole will give him one last chance (contract ending June 2021 I think).

I can only assume Jones didn't have any takers, as he isn't anywhere near the subs bench these days. 

Jones doesn't even get a mention these days, he's an embarrassment to his own family

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Jones doesn't even get a mention these days, he's an embarrassment to his own family

Jones is a top lad 150k a week he's sitting pretty and that's difficult when your as ugly as that goblin. Jones has taken united for all he can get and never delivered. He's a top lad. Shaw too, Pogba absolutely exceptional. Project shaft united is well under way

7 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Jones is a top lad 150k a week he's sitting pretty and that's difficult when your as ugly as that goblin. Jones has taken united for all he can get and never delivered. He's a top lad. Shaw too, Pogba absolutely exceptional. Project shaft united is well under way

Maguire has been a bit slower on the uptake but he will get there. 

• Like 1

what  is it with utd and defenders atm...... Bailly. As u signed him Truly astonishing player and most sought after CB in Europe.... Now...?

Maguire ..... An asset ANY prem team would have sold their crown jewels for.. and now.... seems to Get nutmegged at will.

Shaw . arguably THE best left bac to emerge since Ashley Cole early doors .. and now?

Phil jones.. I for one FULLY expected to be Englands next captain still in his 20's and  now?

Wan bisaka... Much coveted right bac... In fairness he's doin ok.. but there are signs creepin in ..

And the keeper romero...<deleted>...

Oh not forgetting Chris smalling.. stumbling with you... Joined roma. Gone vegan.  And they LUV HIM

Tbh from what I've seen he should be bac playin for england...ironically in macguires place.. but hey

Linderlof . sori but he ranks next to diet as a total  disaster... EVERY TIME I WATCH u he screws up Olli sticks by him next to Maguire.. why I'm not surw

So thoughts guys...  Co's 2 me it's startin too look like a total train wreck, Every team has their misses  and injury play their part..  but this looks like it's starting to  go  WAY beyond that..would it be unfair to say Something aint right... Does it stem from the keeper?  The manager ... Or what ? Edit

Am I being TOO harsh  ?

Edited by wilai
profanity amended

9 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Wan-Bissaka quick and a good defender, but he was also not known offensively, can't cross, dribble or pass. This was all evident before he moved to United also. 

Bad recruiting. 

Can you believe he was a winger in his younger days at CP

Matic, Bruno and Van De Beek in midfield. So much more energy and purpose. Bench Pogba for a few games and use as an impact player when required because he gives the opposition more than he gives us, nothing but lethargy. Give Van de Beek his chance and i guarantee we look better balanced and with more intensity going forward and defending. Then Pogba can go to a Mickey mouse club in January.

Ok I'll take the reins on that 250 word dossier put up by 3-2.

Most of it was waffle, especially the Maguire part. He was never an asset he was a decent defender but as I said many moons ago. You need to be strong like John Terry if you act like John Terry off the field and he is definitely not JT. So now he's a liability.

Just doing a bit of forensic accounting myself so these posts are a godsend and chance to have a break.

Yeah so where's it heading.

I don't think it's gonna be as bad as most want it to be.

First. OGS will definitely be gone by Christmas. This is a fact.

Once that problem is done it can only get better.

It's nothing to do with defenders it's the inner workings of united that is their biggest achilles heel. Shaw came from a very well run club and to go from that to this must have affected him. I think also there's too many mancs stuck in the past around the place. They need a wenger type transformation to occur.

Pochetino may be the man to kickstart that but one thing is for sure, if he does well at united bigger boys will come knocking and he ain't gonna wait around again that's for sure.

It's already 7 years since united won a PL title they are at least 5 years away from competing for one.

It's a case of waiting upto 20 years at this point before they lift it and there's a big If needs to go in there too.

So to answer the last question put forward by 3-2. Not harsh at all.

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Matic, Bruno and Van De Beek in midfield. So much more energy and purpose. Bench Pogba for a few games and use as an impact player when required because he gives the opposition more than he gives us, nothing but lethargy. Give Van de Beek his chance and i guarantee we look better balanced and with more intensity going forward and defending. Then Pogba can go to a Mickey mouse club in January.

I think part of the issue is that Pogba and many others feel like they are already at a mickey mouse club. Do you blame them though? I don't think you do.

Edited by wilai
name calling

Manchester United defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka fined and handed six points on driving licence for speeding at 104mph on the M1 during the second week of the coronavirus lockdown in April

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8836303/Aaron-Wan-Bissaka-fined-handed-six-points-driving-licence-speeding-M1-April.html

On 10/13/2020 at 3:35 PM, RickG16 said:

• Haha 1

Manchester United have simple captaincy decision to make

Man Utd captain Harry Maguire has struggled lately and deserves a break from the intense media spotlight at Old Trafford.

Basically he been <deleted> Ole has got to drop him for a couple of games,

Im dreading next week against PSG in Paris,

PSG could be without key defensive figure Marquinhos for the match after the 26-year-old suffered a thigh injury while away on international duty earlier this week.

16 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United have simple captaincy decision to make

Man Utd captain Harry Maguire has struggled lately and deserves a break from the intense media spotlight at Old Trafford.

Basically he been <deleted> Ole has got to drop him for a couple of games,

Im dreading next week against PSG in Paris,

PSG could be without key defensive figure Marquinhos for the match after the 26-year-old suffered a thigh injury while away on international duty earlier this week.

I think the sensible think is to give him a rest / drop him. I heard somewhere that he'd played the most minutes in football in the world last season, that + his form and the media spotlight must be draining.

But there are other elements at play here. For example, as captain I'm sure his pride will make him want to 'stand up and be counted'.

Very interesting to see what Ole does.