The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

United look like a bunch of 5 year olds all chasing the ball around the pitch.

Look at the positioning of their 10 outfield players when the ball is played upfield for the first goal last night.

Seriously, all 10 of their players are in that red box. Absolutely comical.

image.png.bcee3a8092aa9533904d10189fbb9e78.png

Still looking for a YouTube vid of Ba's goal from the clearance to him scoring. Anyone?

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

United look like a bunch of 5 year olds all chasing the ball around the pitch.

Look at the positioning of their 10 outfield players when the ball is played upfield for the first goal last night.

Seriously, all 10 of their players are in that red box. Absolutely comical.

image.png.bcee3a8092aa9533904d10189fbb9e78.png

Is that two games in a row you've watched now? And you've learnt how to post an image too?

Didn't catch the replay so won't comment on the overall play from just the highlights.

One of the reasons we thought this group was so hard was the away trip to Istanbul. Fully expect us to beat this lot at home and then all we need is another point.

I do feel sorry for Tunezabe. Was excellent at PSG and then has to wait about 2 weeks for his next game.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

You need to see the funny side of this situation, better to laugh than cry, Chippy has succumbed.

I don't believe in succumbing. And I'm also able to look objectively at more than the last 2 results. We are still heavy favourites to go through in this group.

But don't let me stop you. I realise celebrating a United defeat is a wonderful bonding exercise between sad middle aged men. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Is that two games in a row you've watched now? And you've learnt how to post an image too?

Actually I've been watching United since 1978. 

This is one of the poorest United sides I've seen in that time. No leadership, no identity, no fight, no clue. Hopefully they can sort it out soon as the Premiership is a better competition with a strong United in amongst the top 4.

Currently, it looks like 11 players are sent out onto the park and told to try their best. They're miles off the likes of City and Liverpool in terms of players and tactics.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Actually I've been watching United since 1978. 

This is one of the poorest United sides I've seen in that time. No leadership, no identity, no fight, no clue. Hopefully they can sort it out soon as the Premiership is a better competition with a strong United in amongst the top 4.

Currently, it looks like 11 players are sent out onto the park and told to try their best. They're miles off the likes of City and Liverpool in terms of players and tactics.

It's all a bit confusing. I've never seen you comment on any other team. So are you a United supporter who comes on here to moan, or just one more person with a weird obsession? 

Solskjaer has remained loyal to his coaching staff at Old Trafford, particularly assistant Mike Phelan and first-team coaches Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna it's time to bring someone else in they are just not good enough

Do you guys think a Director of Football is the answer for the future?

Edited by ChipButty

47 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's all a bit confusing. I've never seen you comment on any other team. So are you a United supporter who comes on here to moan, or just one more person with a weird obsession? 

I am neither, but thanks for asking I really appreciate your concern.

Yes it seems you are easily confused ????. It seems you are also easily upset when someone gives an honest assessment of United's current predicament. If you feel like having an intelligent conversation, feel free to counter any of my points????.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I dont go on other Teams threads does that make me weird?

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I am neither, but thanks for asking I really appreciate your concern.

Yes it seems you are easily confused ????. It seems you are also easily upset when someone gives an honest assessment of United's current predicament. If you feel like having an intelligent conversation, feel free to counter any of my points????.

So you don't support a team. The only football chat that you are interested in having is to break down United's shortcomings.

To me that is weird. 

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So you don't support a team. The only football chat that you are interested in having is to break down United's shortcomings.

To me that is weird. 

Reads to me that JonnyF supports ManU and has been offering his opinions. Nothing wrong with stating what's wrong with one's club, team, players, owners, fans, etc.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Reads to me that JonnyF supports ManU and has been offering his opinions. Nothing wrong with stating what's wrong with one's club, team, players, owners, fans, etc.

He's just said he doesn't support United.

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

To me that is weird. 

Who said I don't support a team? You're confused again ????.

Just because you're so fragile about an accurate analysis of United's recent performances doesn't mean you get to decide who can post in this thread. So I will continue to post about United as and when I feel like it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I don't support United, but I'm not a hater either. I saw the thread and posted an analysis of their performance. The fact that it upset Rick is of no interest to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Who said I don't support a team? You're confused again ????.

Just because you're so fragile about an accurate analysis of United's recent performances doesn't mean you get to decide who can post in this thread. So I will continue to post about United as and when I feel like it.

I haven't argued that we played well over the last couple of games. You are just not offering anything interesting or new.

But you actually get right to the heart of this weirdo United obsession. Some bike dude who makes the occasional post about Facebook or Trump, but is quite happy to go on the United thread and parrot obvious points.

It must be some sort of release from a mid-life crisis. Probably quite similar to buying that kind of bike once you are over a certain age. 

• Haha 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

I didn't post it in the hope that you'd find it interesting. 

As for the silly insults, I'm not really interested in lowering myself to that level. This is a football thread, not somewhere for teenage girls to call each other bitchy names ????

You might not be a weirdo. I am calling the obsession at large weird.

But you are going through a mid-life crisis. @BangrakBob went through one and started changing his avatar frequently. He pulled through and I'm sure you will too. 

37 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What are you saying Rick, anyone who posts, frequently or infrequently, anything about ManU you dont agree with is weird? Could you clarify your current venom with BangrakBob and JonnyF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What are you saying Rick, anyone who posts, frequently or infrequently, anything about ManU you dont agree with is weird? Could you clarify your current venom with BangrakBob and JonnyF.

No I'm saying I personally find it weird that someone who isn't interested in any other football chat would come on here to analyse United, if they aren't a United fan. 

No venom with my old pal Bob, or our new friend for that matter. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Wot's wrong with the fans? Are you starting? 555

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I didn't post it in the hope that you'd find it interesting. 

As for the silly insults, I'm not really interested in lowering myself to that level. This is a football thread, not somewhere for teenage girls to call each other bitchy names ????

You are right we are supposed to be here talking about football or your team Im sure thats why lots of people just leave the thread, 

• Like 1

I think it's about time for this. So, who do you want to take over from Solskjaer?

The bar isn't very high, to be honest. At this point, I would almost accept anyone who has made their team actually play as a team.

The managers who have actually impressed me the most in the Premier League are Potter, Hassenhutl, Ancelloti, and Rodgers. I think these managers have shown the correct ability that can transfer to a club like ours, creating excellent team play out of lesser players (more so for Hassenhutl and Potter). They have shown that their players can play incisive football with a quick interplay that we are sorely lacking.

There is the obvious choice of Pochettino (who probably will takeover if Solskjaer is sacked), but I am actually leaning towards Hassenhutl also there is one other name to throw in the hat Marco Rose from Gladbach, Just as long as we don’t go with any ex players, if we get Giggs in again I’ll go spare!

15 hours ago, RickG16 said:

But you are going through a mid-life crisis. @BangrakBob went through one and started changing his avatar frequently. He pulled through and I'm sure you will too. 

it really did make me feel young again...

• Like 1