Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Be interesting to see if Ali gets a place on the bench this evening..if not the by rights aurier should  have his <deleted> droped as well.. though I've looked at the Ali supposed mistake... And he wasn't the only one at fault...

I'de go with him... Cos for wolves keep it tight and arnt particularly adventurous until later in the game...so we could use his 'touch' in and around their box..

and  bale on the RHS.  Still looks poor and lucus looks marginally better on the lhs..I know keeps it narrow blah de blah.. but I can count on one hand how many times bale has beaten someone on the RHS.... Here's a prediction keep on with this STUPIDITY. We won't sign him.   bale will go back to Madrid havin scored 4 /5 goals played 10/15 sh games not being particularly effective and end up in the states or china 

But hey Jose's  a reasonable guy let's hope he can get the best out of bale..apart from the spurs bias ... It would be good to watch...always had a soft spot for 'flying wingers' besty.... Barnes the man city one   ect ect.ect. anyway     

wolves are a tuf but to crack but after the intensity of the Liverpool game which imo took its toll and showed in the Leicester game.. we've had enuf time to recuperate .. so lookin forward to a decent competative  game

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Between Big Sam and Mourinho the last two games of the day sucked hind tit.:bah:

Listening to Radio 5 phone in after the game.  Stacks of disgruntled Spurs fans already sick of Mourinho tactics of scoring then parking the bus. Seems many are not happy with the brand of football and consensus on there tonight is they can’t win the league playing this way. 

I guess the recent results back that up but still looking good for winning something this season I would say. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Listening to Radio 5 phone in after the game.  Stacks of disgruntled Spurs fans already sick of Mourinho tactics of scoring then parking the bus. Seems many are not happy with the brand of football and consensus is they can’t win the league playing this way. 

I'm too lazy to look it up, but it would be interesting to see how many shots on goal Kane and Son had between them.

And I'm on record as thinking Kane is a tremendous footballer, but there was another one of his silly dives late in the game (though not as bad as that Wolves' striker who looks like Oscar Wilde).

14 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I'm too lazy to look it up, but it would be interesting to see how many shots on goal Kane and Son had between them.

And I'm on record as thinking Kane is a tremendous footballer, but there was another one of his silly dives late in the game (though not as bad as that Wolves' striker who looks like Oscar Wilde).

Well Spurs only had 3 on target the whole game , one being the first minute goal so not sure bout the other two. One caller claimed Kane had more touches in his own box than in the oppositions, not sure if that stat is true or not. 

Yes never saw the dive but the commentator on the radio claimed it was embarrassing and not befitting of someone of his status. 

Son had an off night by the sounds of it. 

A point at Wolves is not the worse results all said and done. 

PS Kane has just been awarded “King Diver “ of the week by Chris Sutton for today’s triple salchow with Silva and Pogba a close second. 

Edited by Kadilo

Seems Tier 5 might be on the way for London. This is where you must never leave your toilet, except to get bog-roll, until either they knock on your door with the vaccine or Spurs have an attack when leading.

Thanks to Gary Lineker for that one!

• Haha 1

Both Kane and Son looked tired. You can't expect them to be at their best when the games are coming too fast, no time to rest.   

We need to win the cup,  and Jose might stay another season.  But I would not be surprised if he leaves in the summer. 

Tbh I cant see the arguement...  3 5 2   isn't a defensive formation...its set up to attack.. the ONLY  reason it's becomes a defensive unit is if the opponent's push on and it needs to be defensive .. and then it's up to our players to change it.. bottom line ...our players have failed. The question should be .... why..

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

You heard? It was on the news over an hour ago

Eighteen positives this week. Given that 6 at least were allegedly at Man City, and Sheff Utd have reported "numerous" cases, hopefully there are not enough at Fulham for the game to be cancelled. I don't know if a fixed criteria has been set by the Premier League. The number is increasing but not massively if the table below is accurate.

Eqankz2XEAEyqmt?format=png&name=small

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wilai said:

Eighteen positives this week. Given that 6 at least were allegedly at Man City, and Sheff Utd have reported "numerous" cases, hopefully there are not enough at Fulham for the game to be cancelled. I don't know if a fixed criteria has been set by the Premier League. The number is increasing but not massively if the table below is accurate.

Eqankz2XEAEyqmt?format=png&name=small

Its getting to a point where the league will be halted I think.

55 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its getting to a point where the league will be halted I think.

If they do it’s a write off as they will never catch up the games and they won’t delay the Euro’s. Nothing is gonna change re covid for at least 3 months so stop now and it won’t start again. Big decision financially.

Can see why big Sam wants a fire break, wouldn’t you with that shower. Personally can see them soldiering on for the foreseeable. 

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Looks like a bus just arrived at the ground. .......oh yeah 1-0 up 

Would so love to see Bielsa take at least a point. Not likely I suppose.

2-0. A perfect pass from Kane to Son. Kane can do it all, including diving.

Edited by jellydog