Boom Boom on the border – Thailand’s unlikely red-light district

webfact

Previous articles extolled the "virtues" of other border towns with basically the same features. Lots of nooky available on the Thai side.

Reminds me a bit like how it is in Egypt. Going past nightclubs in Cairo that were still going strong at 10 am, full of Saudis that would come over for the weekend - sending their wives off to the malls shopping while the men would go party in the nightclubs.

• Like 1

Came through there a few years back. Quite a shock crossing over from dark Malaysian side (although the duty free shop was doing a roaring trade in cigarettes and alcohol!) to party town central. Had to wait for our minibus to fill up before we could head further north. The wife and I were surrounded by exhausted bargirls who fell asleep as soon as they boarded the bus.

• Like 1

This is hardly breaking  news. Thailand's biggest attraction is the sex industry. Every Friday night Singaporeans & Malays pour into LOS for a weekend of boom boom not shopping..  Massage parlors, spa clubs,brothels, karaoke comfort girls, pool hall girls,beer bar, gogo bars,night club girls and truck stop short time 200 b hookers abound in Thailand.

Can't walk 300m inany direction and not bump into one of the above. Much less distance in Bangkok of course.

Edited by Lucius verus

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

I would risk a few IED's on the road side if it meant getting out of Hua Hin.

How do you think the guys in Kota Bharu feel, especially the 7% of the population who are non-Muslim, living under the watchful eye of PAS (Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party); no alcohol, no provocative dress, no social activities that contradict Islamic norms, and definitely no pork. Only a 35km drive to the border and a weekend in Sugai Golok.

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2019 at 2:46 PM, Kerryd said:

Previous articles extolled the "virtues" of other border towns with basically the same features. Lots of nooky available on the Thai side.

Reminds me a bit like how it is in Egypt. Going past nightclubs in Cairo that were still going strong at 10 am, full of Saudis that would come over for the weekend - sending their wives off to the malls shopping while the men would go party in the nightclubs.

Try a flight from IKA to BKK.

Hilarious, black clothing of men and women disappearing, beards getting shorter, dresses getting shorter and lower and the morality officers getting angrier and angrier.

And richer.......

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 4:19 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The original article this snippet links to is dated Feb 11, 2018 (eighteen, not nineteen), and says it is more than a year old...

So why's it getting reposted here now, other than for tittilation purposes?

A summer hole, perhaps? 

" The real story in Sungai Golok is the thriving little border town that attracts Malaysian men nightly to enjoy the ‘pleasures of the flesh’, loud music, karaoke, copious booze and ‘the ladies’."

Booze? Impossible! They'd never do such things, they're honest people, methinks. But I could be wrong. 

Let's boom boom boom..( the dumbest stuff I've ever seen on Youtube)

The lady singer seems to have a boom boom problem. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
spelllcchcckk

On 4/11/2019 at 6:00 PM, user343434 said:

Nooooo! I looked up my Passport, still 11 month Visa plus re entry permit. 

Darn Darn darn, is there a way to cancel the Visa and go for a Visa run? 

What's the purpose of your post, sir? 

On 5/3/2019 at 7:17 AM, Isaanbiker said:

A summer hole, perhaps? 

" The real story in Sungai Golok is the thriving little border town that attracts Malaysian men nightly to enjoy the ‘pleasures of the flesh’, loud music, karaoke, copious booze and ‘the ladies’."

Booze? Impossible! They'd never do such things, they're honest people, methinks. But I could be wrong. 

Let's boom boom boom..( the dumbest stuff I've ever seen on Youtube)

The lady singer seems to have a boom boom problem. 

Way Ohhh.

Edited by JimmyJ