Boy savaged by dogs recovering in hospital

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I've seen some lists of what is important in Thailand; indeed a falang tourist is below a dog. Natural pecking order at work, now move along.

Exactly..............locals too worried one of the dogs is an ancestor to cull them. The locals are more aware of the risks from these beach dogs.

• Like 1

Throw a stone at a viciously aggressive dog or hit it with a stick and you get fined and perhaps even sentenced to a jail term with two years' probation. Waving the animal away with a softly spoken "shoo, shoo, little dog" is the way to keep yourself out of trouble with the law.

• Haha 1

Just now, Puccini said:

Throw a stone at a viciously aggressive dog or hit it with a stick and you get fined and perhaps even sentenced to a jail term with two years' probation. Waving the animal away with a softly spoken "shoo, shoo, little dog" is the way to keep yourself out of trouble with the law.

LOL , Are you being serious or sarcastic ?

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

Why they don't kill the five dogs ? ; I have got problems with dogs on a beach , too, not bitten but almost , three times in the past 

Because dog lovers would object that it's cruel, without a thought for the problems they course, but they wouldn't give them a home. I have a dog, nice dog, taken off the street.

14 hours ago, lust said:

These dogs should be sent to Vietnam to serve up some dishes.

I would prefer to see them humanely disposed of as there are probably too many of them competing for a limited food supply. It's a muslim area and I know from experience the people there do not like dogs, so I am surprised there are so many of them. I know because I once took one there and had great difficulty getting accommodation or hiring a boat.

56 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Because dog lovers would object that it's cruel, without a thought for the problems they course, but they wouldn't give them a home. I have a dog, nice dog, taken off the street.

Many street dogs are ok if they get used to you. But unfortunaly the dogs often are not very friendly to strangers like this boy was for the dogs in this case. It also depends on what time of the day you meet the dogs. The same dog can be friendly on the middle of the day but aggressive to strangers in the early morning and evening

Edited by Trollmann

I wonder how many Thai children who are savaged by dogs get this treatment? It's quite sickening seeing these groupies around the boy's bed. We mustn't let anything get in the way of tourism, must we? Meanwhile, I wish the boy a speedy recovery and sympathy for the parents.  

I had some success with this Ultrasonic "Dazer". I would say it's about 80-90% effective on the test I made on the pack of dogs roaming on beaches that I go to. One time it did fail but for a reason, the dog I tested on was deaf???? It worked while walking and also I used on bike rides. Seems the dogs really hate the sound and go away. However, never I was able (luckily) to test it on a dog(s) that were already on aggressive attack mode.
https://www.amazon.com/Dog-Dazer-II-Ultrasonic-Deterrent/dp/B000IBRI2Y

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

A room totally packed with strangers for a photo op would be quite traumatic for a 5 year old especially after what he has just been through.  I don't see the point of so many people

And why is that laughing policeguy there with his thumb up? What's so good about this story? 

They all should be on their knee's wai-ing to the boy and his parents and show them a huge cheque to hope for forgiveness.

• Like 2

No mention of rabies shots in the story. Hopefully, the little lad is getting them. No mention, either, of whether the dogs responsible have been rounded up and tested for the deadly virus and kept in quarantine. If not, it's criminal negligence.

And why is that laughing policeguy there with his thumb up? What's so good about this story? 

They all should be on their knee's wai-ing to the boy and his parents and show them a huge cheque to hope for forgiveness.
It's all gone downhill unfortunately, the PM turned up and bunged the family some money.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, fruitman said:

Hello mr Somchai, the boy doesn't want your finger, he's not a dog but a farang kid...he wants a nice rc-drone or new laptop....why didn't you give him one?

The Thai really have to make this good with the family, 25.000 euro plus a lifetime visa for all of them. And a new laptop for the boy.

The iron man mask might come in handy for future attacks.